Moderation - why threads dissapear?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I am probably, ... no, I am one who has been referred to as "being too graphic" when discussing homosexuality.

I usually keep a pretty low profile around here, as seen by my post count of under 1,000 after being here a year and a half.

But during that discussion, I got tired of dealing with those ... that by thinking of homosexuality as simply two guys, holding hands, skipping through a field of flowers, ... condoned it.

So to clear the air, and make sure we were all talking about the same thing, I layed it out on the table and described exactly what they are doing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Once that "picture image" of what they are doing with/to each other is out there, and we deal with exactly what we are talking about, most find it disgusting, repulsive, and offensive, ... and know that it is wrong.

So much so that the thread was closed.

If you are ok with the term homosexual, but are bothered by the graphic description of their actions, then you have your head in the proverbial sand.

If you are ok with both, then that is your choice.

I realize that homosexuals have been around for a long, long time. And if they choose to do those things with/to each other privately, that is their business.

(Although my heart aches for them and their confusion)

I simply do not want this to become openly accepted, and splashed in front of our faces, or more importantly, our children's faces in TV, movies, media, etc.

Simply stay in the "closet".

I have heard that Direct TV will be offering a new channel that openly depicts that acts that we are talking about. In fact, the channel is going to be dedicated to it.

If you have a TV...and you have cable....be prepared to have it in your house.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy said:
I am probably, ... no, I am one who has been referred to as "being too graphic" when discussing homosexuality.

I usually keep a pretty low profile around here, as seen by my post count of under 1,000 after being here a year and a half.

But during that discussion, I got tired of dealing with those ... that by thinking of homosexuality as simply two guys, holding hands, skipping through a field of flowers, ... condoned it.

So to clear the air, and make sure we were all talking about the same thing, I layed it out on the table and described exactly what they are doing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Once that "picture image" of what they are doing with/to each other is out there, and we deal with exactly what we are talking about, most find it disgusting, repulsive, and offensive, ... and know that it is wrong.

So much so that the thread was closed.

If you are ok with the term homosexual, but are bothered by the graphic description of their actions, then you have your head in the proverbial sand.

If you are ok with both, then that is your choice.

I PERSONALLY do not have a problem with the images or terms used...I am comfortable with my own sexuality.

Problem you, and others, tend to forget is...just because you or I may not have a problem with this or that as a Personal Nature....it must also be taken into account that it can be different then what is acceptable to put on this message board.

Someone in my personal, away from the board, could cuss all day like the proverbial sailor and it would not bother me too much.

However on this board it is different.

I could look at girly pictures of an adult nature all day and not be bothered about it....

However on this board it is different.

I could talk politics all day (and sometimes do)

However it is at a different board and not on THIS board.

There is a difference in what we may personally feel is ok, and what, as a mod, we find ok.

Chances are it may not be to your liking, but frankly (and not to sound rude) at the end of the day the decisions have been given to us to decide on and act on with the best intent.

Once again...you may not like that idea...but in the end that is the way it is.

And trust me when I say that it is far from a FUN status many times.
The idea of one person reporting another person because of this or that, and then the one being reported about reporting the other person.

There ARE judgement calls and we have been given the duty to make those judgement calls even if it does not make everyone happy.

One thing I know that is sure in life...you can never make everyone happy all of the time.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
I have heard that Direct TV will be offering a new channel that openly depicts that acts that we are talking about. In fact, the channel is going to be dedicated to it.

Direct TV, Most Cable TV services and most TVs in general have the ability for you to block out any channel you may not wish to view.

Pretty simple...you don't like it, don't watch it.

But just because someone doesn't like it, does not mean it should be banned from those that do.

Not accusing you of saying that...but in the end with technology today, anything on TV we don't want to watch, we can block.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:

God have mercy on this nation, ... seriously, God have mercy on America.

America, slowly is turning her back on God.

She is turning her back on God concerning homosexuality, concerning abortion, idolatry, adultery, etc.

America has taken prayer out of school, wants to take "Under God" from the pledge of alligence, wants to remove the "10 Commanments" from public places.

The only reason that America is as great as she is is because our fore-fathers followed God's leading and his principles in building this nation.

He has blessed America beyond belief.

Sooner or later God will say, "OK, if you don't want me here, let's see how you manage on your own."

He will turn his back on America because of her disobedience.

He will give Americans up to their own lusts.

And then we will become as pathetic as most other countries in the world.

I hope I don't live to see it, but it almost seems inevitable.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Direct TV, Most Cable TV services and most TVs in general have the ability for you to block out any channel you may not wish to view.

Pretty simple...you don't like it, don't watch it.

But just because someone doesn't like it, does not mean it should be banned from those that do.

Not accusing you of saying that...but in the end with technology today, anything on TV we don't want to watch, we can block.

Your point is valid...to a degree.

What about children and the internet ? It is your position that we can block anything that we don't want our children to see on the internet.

Interesting question in light of your posted warning yesterday on this same subject.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
God have mercy on this nation, ... seriously, God have mercy on America.

America, slowly is turning her back on God.

She is turning her back on God concerning homosexuality, concerning abortion, idolatry, adultery, etc.

America has taken prayer out of school, wants to take "Under God" from the pledge of alligence, wants to remove the "10 Commanments" from public places.

The only reason that America is as great as she is is because our fore-fathers followed God's leading and his principles in building this nation.

He has blessed America beyond belief.

Sooner or later God will say, "OK, if you don't want me here, let's see how you manage on your own."

He will turn his back on America because of her disobedience.

He will give Americans up to their own lusts.

And then we will become as pathetic as most other countries in the world.

I hope I don't live to see it, but it almost seems inevitable.

"When I return, will I find faith on the earth ?"

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
Your point is valid...to a degree.

What about children and the internet ? It is your position that we can block anything that we don't want our children to see on the internet.

Interesting question in light of your posted warning yesterday on this same subject.

There are programs that are made just for that exact purpose.

Futhermore maybe people that do not watch their childrens activities are more to blame then what is on the net.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
There are programs that are made just for that exact purpose.

Futhermore maybe people that do not watch their childrens activities are more to blame then what is on the net.

That is exactly why I do not have Cable or allow my children to have non-supervised time on the internet.

Are the programs really fool proof ?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
That is exactly why I do not have Cable or allow my children to have non-supervised time on the internet.

Are the programs really fool proof ?

I have heard they are pretty good...but just as any program there will always be ways around it.

I guess it depends on how sneaky the kids are or the programmers out there are.

We have filtering software on our ISPs at work, one through the state one through an ind ISP.

They do a pretty good job, one (the state) is much stricter to the point no games, lotto, web based emails and such are allowed and of course any adult sites are not allowed.

As far as you not having cable I still do not understand why you would not and say it is because of the children.

As I have stated you can block any channel you wish them not to see (say HBO or Cinemax) and there are also newer settings where anything listed by Rated R, PG-13 and so on can be set so that they can only view the programs you wish to set.

You can also list passwords where only you can watch the channels and then decide if you want them to watch as well aka in your presence to decide.

TVs and Cable has really come a long way from years past in the idea to help control what your children can watch.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have heard they are pretty good...but just as any program there will always be ways around it.

I guess it depends on how sneaky the kids are or the programmers out there are.

We have filtering software on our ISPs at work, one through the state one through an ind ISP.

They do a pretty good job, one (the state) is much stricter to the point no games, lotto, web based emails and such are allowed and of course any adult sites are not allowed.

As far as you not having cable I still do not understand why you would not and say it is because of the children.

As I have stated you can block any channel you wish them not to see (say HBO or Cinemax) and there are also newer settings where anything listed by Rated R, PG-13 and so on can be set so that they can only view the programs you wish to set.

You can also list passwords where only you can watch the channels and then decide if you want them to watch as well aka in your presence to decide.

TVs and Cable has really come a long way from years past in the idea to help control what your children can watch.

I block it for myself as well.

If I had cable..then I would spend too much time filling my head with drivel.

The only TV I get is Football. I have not watched mainstream television in years. It amazes me when I see the trailors for some of the shows that are aired.

It is just further proof to me that if Darwin had it right....then he at least had the progression arrow pointed in the wrong direction :)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
I block it for myself as well.

If I had cable..then I would spend too much time filling my head with drivel.

The only TV I get is Football. I have not watched mainstream television in years. It amazes me when I see the trailors for some of the shows that are aired.

It is just further proof to me that if Darwin had it right....then he at least had the progression arrow pointed in the wrong direction :)

That's cool...I thought you just didn't have cable because you were afraid of what the kids could watch.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
That's cool...I thought you just didn't have cable because you were afraid of what the kids could watch.

Don't get me wrong...that is a big part of it as well.

If my kids want to watch things when they get older...then that is thier decision. But it is my responsibility to oversee them while they are children.

But you already realize and agree with this...or you would not have sent out the warning that you sent yesterday.

Like you said in a previous discussion in the past.....there are some things we agree on.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
Don't get me wrong...that is a big part of it as well.

If my kids want to watch things when they get older...then that is thier decision. But it is my responsibility to oversee them while they are children.

But you already realize and agree with this...or you would not have sent out the warning that you sent yesterday.

Like you said in a previous discussion in the past.....there are some things we agree on.

Yes we keep a pretty tight leash (for lack of a better term) on the wife's little sister when she comes down and wants to get on the Computer or watch TV.

The reason I posted about the other site is because it seemed many did not know it was a problem.

Hence also why maybe some boards need to be moderated with what some may deem as a heavy hand. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Dallas said:
HAHAHA - I fell over - that was funny LT.

Hehehe

SPANKIE THE JUKIE !!!

Line up Juke !!!

Can we please exercise just a little decorum here? :eek: ;)

Bring it on LTN.
191.jpg

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Bring it on LTN.

Anytime, my friend.

But I feel it only fair to warn you I am bringing that Lousiville Slugger that Bill claimed yesterday he takes with him on 'talks' with Torrin Tucker.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Anytime, my friend.

But I feel it only fair to warn you I am bringing that Lousiville Slugger that Bill claimed yesterday he takes with him on 'talks' with Torrin Tucker.

It ain't as kinky as the leather bustier, but I'd still pay to see it... :eek:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
It ain't as kinky as the leather bustier, but I'd still pay to see it... :eek:

Quit looking in my closet!!! :p:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Quit looking in my closet!!! :p:

Dang Brain...you closed that Political Thread to quickly.

You didn't give me a chance to point out the error in Silver Bears discourse

The Poor old guy went on a quite a harangue. Problem is that it was based on assumptions that were reached by putting words in my mouth.

The guy built a straw man, barked at it, then appeared to be quite taken with himself for the manner in which he undressed his own straw man.

It appears that Silver Bear...in all of his self professed wisdom...has never heard of a conservative Democrat.

That harangue...was a prime example of someone jumping off the deep end :cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
Dang Brain...you closed that Political Thread to quickly.

You didn't give me a chance to point out the error in Silver Bears discourse

The Poor old guy went on a quite a harangue. Problem is that it was based on assumptions that were reached by putting words in my mouth.

The guy built a straw man, barked at it, then appeared to be quite taken with himself for manner in which he undressed his own straw man.

It appears that Silver Bear...in all of his self professed wisdom...has never heard of a conservative Democrat.

That harangue...was a prime example of someone jumping off the deep end :cool:

What part of talking politics is for the political zone and not this site do you not understand?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
What part of talking politics is for the political zone and not this site do you not understand?

Exactly what part of my post was political ?

I was not arguing politics. I was pointing out the error of Silver Bears discourse against one of my earlier statements.

There is a difference.

I did mention the term Conservative Democrat......which is a political term...but I was not arguing a political stance. I was simply pointing out the flaw in Silver Bears discourse. Primarily that he was injecting a political stance into one of my previous posts that was simply not there.

If you are calling my post political because I used the term "Conservative Democrat".....then by the same logic you should deem any thread to be Religious that takes uses the name of Jesus....regardless of the context.

Specifically, if the name is taken in vain...then by the same logic you condemn me...that thread should be deemed to be Religious.