Moderation - why threads dissapear?

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Dallas said:
What is the deal w/ all the heavy handed moderation lately? I love this place as much as anyone but some of the mods act like they are hovering over the "CLOSED" button.

I dont know how many threads Ive seen completely dissapear the past week or so.

I undestand that you have to have some moderation. The key is SOME here folks.

You are squelching the community w/ your heavy handed censorship. This is off-topic and is not religion nor is it political. I would like to see how the community feels about this subject?

I do however think that this too will be closed within a few moments. I just dont get it.

I too felt things got a bit weird. Seems like a whole need to get the last word in thing, but again, I am just a guest here and happy to be here, what do i know

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
It was more than one person... and yes... we would get many complaints...

This lends itself to that last debate.

Right and Wrong is determine by majority rule :D

Unless of course people started complaining about the number of posts related to Cowboys. But in that instance the complainer would get banned....not the content he was complaining about

And rightfully so ! :D

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. :)

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:

Unless of course people started complaining about the number of posts related to Cowboys. But in that instance the complainer would get banned....not the content he was complaining about

Too funny Mike!

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
We can all talk about how much QC, CHutch, Dhenson, Tromo and our entire oline suck instead i guess :) That hasn't been done it at least 5 minutes.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:

Good post... but this isn't a democracy or even a representative republic... it's the Zone... :D

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Understood !

We let alot of things go by knuckleheads in order not to stop a good thread. Sometimes we stop it before it starts but normally we try to let a thread run its' course...

Currently we have 35,085 different threads. 725 have been deleted. Bear in mind MANY of those are reposts.

That comes out to roughly 2%... if you subtract the reposts, probably 1% or less...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Sometimes we stop it before it starts but normally we try to let a thread run its' course...

That comes out to roughly 2%... if you subtract the reposts, probably 1% or less...

I think its really the mods that are online at the time. I know for a fact one mod who will hammer a thread in an instant if its anyway shape/form against site policy. No patience to let things get sorted out.

No ifs/ands/whys - just a CLOSED sig pic.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Dallas said:
I think its really the mods that are online at the time. I know for a fact one mod who will hammer a thread in an instant if its anyway shape/form against site policy. No patience to let things get sorted out.

No ifs/ands/whys - just a CLOSED sig pic.

This would make complete sense.

Mods are people..and people are biased.

People also will give preferential treatment to those that they like. And many times they will do it without even realizing it.

A lot of posters understand this...which is why you will generally see the same folks kissing a mods butt when the right opportunity presents itself.

I used to sell for a living....so I understand it and have no issue with it.

To each his own.

This is not a democracy to an extent. But...if I did not want to be here...I could go elsewhere...so at the end of the day the street is two way.

I am here because of the Cowboys content. If I was looking for a site with good Christian content...this is not a site that would come to mind.

But..on the flip side of the coin....I am a Christian....and will not leave that at the door when I enter.

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
This would make complete sense.

Mods are people..and people are biased.

People also will give preferential treatment to those that they like. And many times they will do it without even realizing it.

A lot of posters understand this...which is why you will generally see the same folks kissing a mods butt when the right opportunity presents itself.

I used to sell for a living....so I understand it and have no issue with it.

To each his own.

This is not a democracy to an extent. But...if I did not want to be here...I could go elsewhere...so at the end of the day the street is two way.

I am here because of the Cowboys content. If I was looking for a site with good Christian content...this is not a site that would come to mind.

But..on the flip side of the coin....I am a Christian....and will not leave that at the door when I enter.

I must be doing something wrong because no one on here has ever kissed my butt...

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I must be doing something wrong because no one on here has ever kissed my butt...

Now that you mention it....I don't remember anyone specifically kissing your butt.

I think it is because you don't exude power

You either need to change your icon or get more Catholic members into the Forum.

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Now that you mention it....I don't remember anyone specifically kissing your butt.

I think it is because you don't exude power

You either need to change your icon or get more Catholic members into the Forum.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/stuff/zingers/racked_hooligans.jpg

Do you feel my power now?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/stuff/zingers/racked_hooligans.jpg

Do you feel my power now?

Your power comes in the respect that you gain by consistently maintaining a level headed approach in all situations.

But unfortunately it does not seem to buy you many butt kisses. (But that might be better left for the gay thread that was just closed.) :eek:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna close this thread unless someone kisses my butt. :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'd prefer to paddle it.

Somehow, I don't think Juke will consider that a threat... he's probably hoping you'll wear that "special" outfit (the leather number) when you do it...

And if he isn't, I sure as heck am... :D

trickblue

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Somehow, I don't think Juke will consider that a threat... he's probably hoping you'll wear that "special" outfit (the leather number) when you do it...

And if he isn't, I sure as heck am... :D

Yeah... Juke gets into the "Spanking Dee Snyder" costume...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing must be noted about ONE of the gay threads.

Someone put in some rather adult comments about sticking something somewhere.
I edited it out and let the thread stay.

A little bit later someone else did basically the same thing, once again I edited out that so the thread could stay.

And then yet again someone made more comments about sticking something somewhere that just did not need to be on the forum.

So the thread did get multiple chances before being deleted.

It should be noted as well that We DID give the thread a chance, even though by our own exp we knew it would probably turn out the way it did.

But we did give it a chance and when multiple people started making certain comments it was shut down.