Moehrig or Bolton

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let's assume Cowboy Front Office signs bridge, 1 yr types at each position in fa. The likes of Barmore/Nixon are already off the board. Cowboys have a chance to move up in the 2nd rd in which both Moehrig/Bolton are still available, which name would you write on the card?

-The centerfield, single-high free safety is needed in Quinn's cover 3 scheme. The drop-off could be great after him at the position. Not the best tackler, nor excels in man coverage.

-Bolton fills the Mike Linebacker need and instantly improves our run defense day 1. He has size/length limitations and is probably physically maxed out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's assume Cowboy Front Office signs bridge, 1 yr types at each position in fa. The likes of Barmore/Nixon are already off the board. Cowboys have a chance to move up in the 2nd rd in which both Moehrig/Bolton are still available, which name would you write on the card?

-The centerfield, single-high free safety is needed in Quinn's cover 3 scheme. The drop-off could be great after him at the position. Not the best tackler, nor excels in man coverage.

-Bolton fills the Mike Linebacker need and instantly improves our run defense day 1. He has size/length limitations and is probably physically maxed out.
Moehrig fits well with Donavon Wilson. You can find a Bolton later in the draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Who did we take in the 1st?

I'd probably lean towards Moehrig until I know what kind of athlete Bolton is.

If Bolton runs like a 4.75...then def Moehrig.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My current dilemma as well.

Those exact 2 players.

I go Moehrig and then try like heck to trade back up into picks 45-50 to get the Bolton.
I think you can find a Bolton at any small school. He is at best Hitchens.

timb2

Reaction score
Who is else on the board in the 2nd round? I'm not a full hater of Moehrig or Bolton,,but my dilemma would be Jabril Cox vs James Wiggins.In the LB vs S scenario.

garyv

Reaction score

I like Surtain in the first round and Moehrig in the second round both coupled with Diggs and Donavon Wilson. In the 3rd Round they should end up with two picks 1-DT and 1-OL than 4th Round I'm looking at Linebackers that run well in space, aggressive and make tackles.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Bolton. According to scouting reports his instincts are very good. Maybe the best of the lbs coming out.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Surtain in the first round and Moehrig in the second round both coupled with Diggs and Donavon Wilson. In the 3rd Round they should end up with two picks 1-DT and 1-OL than 4th Round I'm looking at Linebackers that run well in space, aggressive and make tackles.

Honestly, that sounds like the best possible scenario to me. Surtain and Moehrig, followed by beefing up the DL. Lots of good middle round DTs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My current dilemma as well.

Those exact 2 players.

I go Moehrig and then try like heck to trade back up into picks 45-50 to get the Bolton.

Mine too! Would take the safety too, as it fills a bigger need, especially in Quinn's Cover 3 Defense.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There are definitely things to like about Bolton but if you get nauseated at the way Jaylon doesn’t take on blocks and runs around blocks (taking him out of the play) you shouldn’t expect that to be resolved with Bolton. Watch his game cutups rather than his highlights.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Who did we take in the 1st?

I'd probably lean towards Moehrig until I know what kind of athlete Bolton is.

If Bolton runs like a 4.75...then def Moehrig.
I would also lean Moehrig, but Bolton's timed speed isn't that important to me. I believe Sean Lee ran 4.7, but he played so fast due to his high level instincts. Always made it to a spot quicker then his blocking assignment.

visionary

Reaction score
Depends on FA

I think we need a field general at FS and that is Simmons this year. If we land him (I know that’s a stretch) then I’d rather go Bolton

with these 2 additions and a couple of DTs we would really shore up our defense