Moehrig or Bolton

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
5 rotation players on defense then. That is possible.
Not really, if you're trying to have a competent defense.

You might get 5 to play in a game at some point, but you're not going to go into a game with 5 rookies getting snaps on one side of the ball.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not really, if you're trying to have a competent defense.

You might get 5 to play in a game at some point, but you're not going to go into a game with 5 rookies getting snaps on one side of the ball.
A cornerback 1, A safety 2, a linebacker 3, two defensive tackles 4/5. That is possible.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A cornerback 1, A safety 2, a linebacker 3, two defensive tackles 4/5. That is possible.
It's not impossible, but it might as well be. You aren't hitting on a day 1, roster-ready player 5 times in the draft on one side of the ball. Does not happen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's not impossible, but it might as well be. You aren't hitting on a day 1, roster-ready player 5 times in the draft on one side of the ball. Does not happen.
I am talking about the whole season. I know coaches don’t trust rookies. I do expect something from Robinson and the Utah linebacker this season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I am talking about the whole season. I know coaches don’t trust rookies. I do expect something from Robinson and the Utah linebacker this season.
Ok fine. That's not what you said originally.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
4.8? Whew...I don't think that's gonna fly in today's NFL.

If he runs a 4.8 I'm not touching him in the 1st 2 rounds.
I remember Brandon Spikes ran a 5 flat and still was drafted in the 2nd rd and what I remember pretty good player for a few years with the Patriots. I think lack of speed at the position is more downfield coverage issue, not in the run game, nor covering the short, underneath zones.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hear you and trust your opinion. I just see Hitchens when I saw his film. He will be a solid pro but his lack of speed and size is really concerning. I would draft him maybe with my 3rd round comp pick and that is based off of you guys on the board assessment of him. I am what Broaddus calls an old crusty.:laugh:
Broaddus loves the player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just saying, there are a lot of people high on Bolton. He is by far the better prospect coming into the league then Anthony Hitchens was.
I see Hitchens. The local draft nicks like him better then Parsons. I will go with Parsons and sleep well.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Just saying, there are a lot of people high on Bolton. He is by far the better prospect coming into the league then Anthony Hitchens was.

Way better than Hitchens as a prospect...but his speed will make or break him as a prospect IMO.

If he can run in the 4.6s I'd consider him with our 2nd pick. If he runs a 4.8 I wouldn't consider him until the 3rd...and it'd still be a hard sell.

Beaker42

Reaction score
You think Bolton has all pro ability? I doubt that. I don’t think he will be better then 2018 versions of LVE or Jaylon. The guy might run a 4.8 forty. We will never really know because their is no combine.
There will be combines just not the one big one. I guarantee this kid won’t run a 4.8

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If Bolton runs in the 4.8 range it’s not going to help him. I know everyone thinks Smith is terrible but it won’t be as easy as some think to bump him out of his spot. I like the player, but I’d probably lean toward the DL if Moehrig is off the board.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Moehrig fits well with Donavon Wilson. You can find a Bolton later in the draft.

I agree with this, you can find LB's later in draft that can run and hit. DL and DB need to be premium players, we have spent enough capital on LB in last 4 years and thats not doing well for us.

J-man

Reaction score
Who did we take in Rd1? If we took Parsons, Collins or a top CB that obviously could play a factor.

As much as I want to upgrade the LB's, I'd take Moehrig over Bolton. We have wanted and needed a good true FS for so long that I'm not passing on a chance to take one.

John813

Reaction score
Between the two I would take Moehrig.

I feel if we run a lot of cover 3/deep safety looks, we need a rangy FS more so than an ILB. I like Bolton too, but feel FS is a greater need and I rather not have Robinson get it without earning it through a legit competition and not facing some washed up safety that we'll end up cutting in August.