Monday Morning Overreaction - Cowboys vs Rams Edition

sbark

Reaction score
Iggles road game.....litmus test

If MM has any wrinkles in the playbook he has been saving....this be the game

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Have to click this one to go to Youtube. The sideways cams didn't distract the Youtube copyright system. LOL Best analysis seen so far of the game though. Rex Ryan dogs Gallup big.

ESPN - Get Up
Rex Ryan (The Coach), Dan Orlovsky (former NFL QB journeyman), Dominique Foxworth (the NFL Corner)

(entire clip is Cowboys)
Orlovsky says some best rhythm he's seen between Dak and CeeDee in their careers, gives example. Coach Ryan says moving CeeDee, Cooks, and TEs to make up for Gallup. Says Gallup can't play anymore, was great decision. Took them 7 weeks to figure it out, but credit to them for finally doing it. Foxworth and Orlovsky show clips how Cowboys play Micah around line to create the mismatches. Rex Ryan said it reminded him of Reggie White how they played #11 over the center.

reddyuta

Reaction score
What I’m concerned about also is when they face a team they can’t pass on? the running game is anemic and it should be something they can lean on to close out games with.
Eagles are not great pass defense team.we can score on them but the question is whether our D can hold them down.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
NFL Network - Good Morning Football
Kyle Brandt, Peter Shrager (probably best NFL TV journalists IMO), Jason McCourty (NFL Pats S)

(Cowboys start at beginning of clip and 6:30, lot of Philly/Dallas talk, there will be more posted, this is that Vietnamese Youtube guy who I don't think knows English, just does it for money, and gets his clips confused sometimes)
Shrager says Bones got his revenge. Brandt brings up good point this was typical trap game that teams overlook, but instead made it a dominant win. McCourty gives CeeDee props, esp since always battling detractors who say he isn't #1 WR.

Reaction score
What I’m concerned about also is when they face a team they can’t pass on? the running game is anemic and it should be something they can lean on to close out games with.
and that sums it up nicely. Contenders have more than one path to victory, the more paths you have the better so that when something is taken away you still have options. Earlier teams were daring the Cowboys to pass and they were loading up on the run,,, Dallas had no answer. Not sure how they fix the running game, maybe making teams back off will help, but it sure looks like the blocking schemes just aren't good enough.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The first half was kinda crazy. But we saw that week 1 and 2. The only common denominator I can figure is we feast on teams we don’t fear. Philly is going to be a whole other level bc they have no weaknesses. Let’s see if they learned anything from the SF game.
They have a weak secondary. The reason they rank well in run defense is because their offense puts some points on the board so opponents have to go to the pass, and as bad as their secondary is, passing against them is more prudent than running against their DLine. “No weaknesses”? Come on. Every team has some weaknesses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Check back through day. Will post them as they become available. Beauty of being a fan of America's Team, is someone usually takes the time to cut out the Cowboys segments in all national shows because they know it's good for instant clicks.

Start with last night's shows:

NBC - Sunday Night Football
Jason Garrett (ol' Carrot Top), Mike Florio (PFT Muckracker), Devin McCourty (Patriots S)

(Cowboys talk starts at 2:40)
Redball said most vertical the Boys have been in passing game all season. Threw it deep 11 times after 35 yard line. 4 of those were TDs. McCourty credits defense for being dominant again. Stafford had no chance, no time. Florio says not just home field advantage, Cowboys play great on turf. 49ers game on grass. They need beat Eagles to get that home field advantage into Playoffs.

NBC - Chris Simms Unbuttoned
Chris Simms (The Son, Former Longhorn)

(Cowboys talk starts at 51:00)
111-33 Dallas has outscored opponents at home. 4th win over 20 points, most in NFL. Simms says there is something about that, hard to do that in NFL. Shows they have killer instinct and watch out if they get momentum. They are not good at ugly, but they are great with the big show. Crowd noise always helps them. Thought Rams offensive line was better than previous year, didn't expect Cowboys to steam roll them like that. Stafford abused all day. Rams lost that game in an instant when Turpin, Bland, etc all had the big plays in short span.

ESPN - Sportscenter
Ed Werder (Reporter).... CeeDee Lamb, Jerrah, Dak and McVay press soundbites from interviews and PCs

(Cowboys talk is only first three minutes of video)
Dak breaks Cowboys record for most games with 300 yards and 4 TDs. CeeDee Lamb interview with Werder. Jerry soundbite says it's one of most dominant performances he's seen from a Cowboys WR. Sean McVay basically saying same thing Coach Mac said after 49ers loss - humbling. Worst Rams defeat since 2017 when McVay took over.

here's one that's crazy,

I mean you have the ultimate cowboy hater the biggest critic of Prescott in my opinion Dan "dak Hater" Orlovsky, saying that Prescott was absolutely awesome yesterday and gave him credit for the whole offense running the way it did it went through him... So he starts out with a joke saying he wasn't impressed then said no cowboy fans I'm just joking, then proceeded to say not only was he great yesterday but this is probably the best he's seen him in back-to-back games being in a rhythm...

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is a critical coaching and quarterbacking mistake to not exploit one of the NFL's best offensive weapons. That is true for all league teams, not just Dallas.
100% agree I don't understand why they don't at least try that it's not always going to work he can be covered up CD Lamb is not perfect but when the guy is getting open early you got to feed him the ball just like you did with Michael Irvin Dez Bryant Terrell Owens when he's hot you can't stop going away from him!!

they did that in many games where it looked like they said get him at all three positions moving around in motion using him as a weapon and just like try to be cute and trick the defense to go use CD lamb as a damn decoy and try to force the ball to Michael gallup

right now Michael Gallup needs to be demoted not off the team but it needs to be CD Lamb, then Brandin cooks, then Ferguson and then maybe maybe you throw a bone to Michael gallup every once in a while, but most of the issues with bad routes and dropped balls and missed throws all seem to be going to number 13...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The danger alert here is we're gonna be playing outdoors on the road in cooler weather against one of the best teams in football next week so we play way better at home by the way I think we are setting a Dallas cowboy record for 11 straight home wins which is crazy because AT&T didn't used to be home field advantage for the Cowboys and now it is and we need to fix how we play on the road now... Is that my overreaction or is that actually a fact I believe it's a fact...

I mean if we were gonna lose an Eagles game it'd be the one at their house I mean right now the Cowboys have a clear advantage at home and have struggled once again to play on outdoor turf or grass and cooler weather I mean it could even be possibly damp or wet I mean this is just not a good place for the Cowboys especially since their offensive line doesn't look very physical they're not opening holes we don't have a run game.... We need to establish a run game it has to happen you can't be one-dimensional against the better teams or it's gonna look a lot like the 49er game

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have a weak secondary. The reason they rank well in run defense is because their offense puts some points on the board so opponents have to go to the pass, and as bad as their secondary is, passing against them is more prudent than running against their DLine. “No weaknesses”? Come on. Every team has some weaknesses.
Where do you see a hole in Philly’s roster? It’s. It like the Rams and Giants where you can clearly see problems all over.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They seem to be in a rebuild.

Their team stats are middle of the pack.

No draft picks though.

They talked mcvay into staying.
I guess this is the downside of going all in. You have a few seasons like this one. They should cash in Donald bc he’s being wasted on their team. They’d be better off getting some draft picks for him and saving the cap space.

Sydla

Reaction score
Where do you see a hole in Philly’s roster? It’s. It like the Rams and Giants where you can clearly see problems all over.
Possibly pass D. They got torched by Sam Howell yesterday.

They added Byard but something seems off scheme wise. Howell might have had 425-430 yards passing yards on them if McLaurin hadn't dropped a few balls.

On the flipside of that though is Bienemy is a really nice OC IMO and McCarthy? Well..........................

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Their secondary is not a strength. Their LBs are “ham and eggers”. Davis and Carter are dealing with injuries, so even their DLine is struggling a little right now. If you want to give Philly credit for anything give them credit for playing a lot of close games and figuring out how to win them. Here in NorCal TV switched to the Eagles when the Cowboys game got silly. One thing I saw that might be telling. Julio Jones caught a touchdown pass. The jubilation for him from all ten guys out there with him was genuine. Veteran lineman wanting to be the first to get to him to congratulate him. It continued on the sideline. That kind of camaraderie on a veteran team can make a difference as the season grows long.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys easily wrecked a team they are superior to.

Next weeks game against the Eagles will be a step toward winning the division and improving consistency
Rams are 3-5 and look the part. Aside from Donald, their defense is unrecognizable.
The Rams, however, have been competitive in every game until this one. Of course, things can snowball when they go wrong, but the Cowboys have made that happen in several games, so it can't be called a total fluke. Realistically, it can't be called an expectation either though.