Monday Morning Overreaction - Cowboys vs Rams Edition

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fox - The Herd
Colin Cowherd

Jimmy Johnson interview. Thinks if Cowboys want consistency (not big wins and losses) key is the defense and running game must be consistent first. Thinks CeeDee Lamb vs AJ Brown next week will be a huge factor who wins Eagles game. Thinks Henry would give the Cowboys a complete football team. They need a physical run game.

Hope Johnson showered after that remote segment.

Wonder how close he and Cowherd were? One? Two thousand miles apart?

Still way too close.

XXLMike

Reaction score
The only post game you need is XM radio Maddog on a Monday and the only pregame you need is mad dog on Fridays with PHIL Sims and Mike Lombardi.

All the rest are nonsensical garbage Talking Heads.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I was shocked on the first series how bad the offense looked. Refs definitely bailed us out on that first drive. I don’t think the rams were prepared for his willingness to run , and they were off balance the rest of the game.
It was like that Dr. Pepper commercial. I could not believe the number of posters flipping out at the beginning of the game. It was embarrassing.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They have a weak secondary. The reason they rank well in run defense is because their offense puts some points on the board so opponents have to go to the pass, and as bad as their secondary is, passing against them is more prudent than running against their DLine. “No weaknesses”? Come on. Every team has some weaknesses.
Sam Howell throws for 400 yards.

"Philly has no weaknesses."

lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
eagles are damn good but although they’ve been winning some ugly games the one thing they haven’t had is a legitimate beat down this year. Why not the Cowboys be the team to do it?

a decisive win IN a Philly would put the NFC on notice…….again
I hope you are right my friend, THAT scenerio would make me do my happy dance !
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was like that Dr. Pepper commercial. I could not believe the number of posters flipping out at the beginning of the game. It was embarrassing.
Well, it was a crazy bad start. Dak got sacked on 3 of the first 4 plays. The last penalty nullified one sack.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It amazes me that people actually watch and listen to these bozos!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Don't be confused by the Stephen Smith covers. They do that on purpose to get more clicks.

Richard Sherman Podcast
Richard Sherman (one of Q's legion of booms)

(Cowboys talk starts at beginning.)
Sherman says CeeDee didn't prove he's a true #1. Had a great game though. Thinks Bland is incredible. 3 pick sixes first few games is unheard of in NFL. First player since 1970 to do this. They have one of best special teams coordinator in league, always making plays. Held Rams receivers down. Complete game for Cowboys, and coming up at a good time with Eagles next. Eagles game will determine how good they are.

ESPN Radio - Unsportsmanlike
Chris Canty (one of our own)

(Cowboys talk starts at beginning)
Canty says total #*#$ kicking. Thinks Dallas is more night club environment than football team so good to show this dominance. First time for Cowboys to have Safety and Defensive TD since 1988. Offense gets kudos, but this is defensive led, and they have to do well if will go far. Jets is only team Cowboys have beaten they have winning record. They are supposed to demolish Rams. That team is depleted for paying its bill for trading away picks and keeping vets on Super Bowl team. Next week on road against Philly is how he judges the Cowboys, not this game.

CHRIS CANTY IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE OF OUR OWN.

He is a whiny East Coast bred ex-Giant that left mad because we wouldn't pay him huge dollars.
He trash talks Dallas in every forum possible.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Rest of the bunch for Monday Shows. Good stuff on NFL Insiders since journalists go into what can be verified with all the social media rumors.

Peacock - PFT
Florio, Chris Simms

Simms amazed at how much Cowboys can explode this year. All but Chargers win were blowouts. If you can withstand the early onslaught, Cowboys can be had. Simms says coaches around league tell him their offense has to go into game against Cowboys with a defensive mindset.

Roku - Rich Eisen Show
Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah

Eisen and Jeremiah say Vikings should trade for Trey Lance since Cousins gone for the year. :D

ESPN - NFL Insiders
Miscellaneous sports writers

Dak talked after a game this year that he was frustrated with CeeDee Lamb. Looks like they worked on it during bye week and fixed it. No truth to any rumor about Derrick Henry. Cannot be verified. Everything Jerry Jones tells them in conversation, they don't think Cowboys will be active trade partners.

Fox - First Things First
Nick Wright, Chris Broussard, Greg Jennings (former Packer)

(Cowboys clips start 11:00)
Cowboys finally using CeeDee Lamb right in new offense. Cowboys have 5 DEF/ST Touchdowns. No other team this year has more than 2.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
CHRIS CANTY IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE OF OUR OWN.

He is a whiny East Coast bred ex-Giant that left mad because we wouldn't pay him huge dollars.
He trash talks Dallas in every forum possible.
LOL, should have put "..... or one of New York's Finest?" :thumbup:

He won a Super Bowl with the Giants. Can't blame him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LOL, should have put "..... or one of New York's Finest?" :thumbup:

He won a Super Bowl with the Giants. Can't blame him.
He's from NYC and spent his entire lifetime on the east coast outside his brief few years on his rookie deal.
Bronx HS, Univ Virginia
Drafted to Dallas then FA to Giants, FA to Ravens.
His role has been as a Cowboy hater his entire media career.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sam Howell throws for 400 yards.

"Philly has no weaknesses."

lol
Philly has the 7th worst pass defense in the league.
They did trade for a plus Safety which should help but between their own pass defense woes and Jalen's turnovers few Eagles fans (much less non Eagles fans) are calling them complete.
But they are a good team and it will easily be the game of the week.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Eagles did play down to the level of their completion the last game, and still won.

Seems clear to me that the Eagles were looking ahead to the Dallas game, I wouldn't put much stock in any thoughts that they're slipping or that they're not a top team.

We'll see, not saying I am guaranteeing the Eagles will win, last odds I saw put the game at 50-50, and that seems right....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The only one I dislike more than Colin is Florio. I simply can't stand him.
Florio is a frustrated Vikings fan, 0-4 in Super Bowls, so all he has is to rag on Dallas.

He continually brings up the Butch Johnson catch in the SB, with the comment "That wasn't a catch", when anybody who's followed the NFL, or football in general, since then, knows that the rule back then wasn't the same as now, in 1977 once you crossed the goal line with possessioin of the football, it was a touchdown. There was no "going to the ground" provision.

I'm sure he knows that he's hoping that the great unwashed that hear him won't know that, and that would cast a bad light on the Cowboys.

I pay little attention to the drivel he puts out....