Monday Morning Overreaction - Cowboys vs Rams Edition

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
49ers and Eagles getting a lot more coverage today. 49ers for reasons you don't want... team is collapsing. Eagles for better reasons, everyone on their jock after comeback win. The ESPN ex-players and coaches have best game analysis today on all their shows thus far.

Fox - Undisputed
Playmaker, Sherman, Keyshawn and that Dope Skip

(All Cowboys clip)
Keyshawn says should have beaten Rams. True test is next week against Eagles. So far beating mostly losing teams. Key very impressed with moving CeeDee around and should have been doing it all along if he's an NFL top receiver. However, Rams DBs are horrible. Win is a win, but don't send them to Vegas yet. Playmaker usual homer. LOL Irvin says Cowboys need to understand they have enemies all over the place. Why is San Fran more hyped to play you than you are San Fran?

Fox - The Carton Show
Greg Jennings (Former Packer and SBer), Willie Colon (Steeler and SBer)

(All Cowboys clip)
Jennings thinks when Cowboys play well all 3 phases, they are best team in NFL. Just don't do it consistently. Colon wants to know how Rams let CeeDee get open so much. Maybe not a good team.

ESPN - Greeny Show
Dominique Foxworth (NFL CB), Greeny

(All Cowboys clip)
Must play CeeDee same way against Eagles to win next week. Must play him as X receiver and isolate. Most defenses play zone. To double-team an isolated receiver, have to move guys away from other receivers. (FYI - Gallup traditionally had this role which was dumb.) The reason why QBs look smart is they get good pre-snap reads. The ones who struggle are trying to find out what is going on during play. This gives Dak the advantage. The rules are setup so the receiver is always going to win, and by moving #11 at the center, he goes against someone who is small now and applies even more pressure. Should do same thing against Eagles.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
ESPN - First Take
Stephen A Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Orlovsky (NFL QB Journeyman)

(All Cowboys clip)
Good debate between Shannon Sharpe and Orlovsky on which QB had better victory - Dak or Jalen. Shannon Sharpe says Eagles win was more impressive than Cowboys win. Hurts played hurt and his defense didn't carry him. Not to take away from Dak's win but Hurts played against tougher situation. Orlovsky loves not only how they lined up CeeDee but Dak is now using his legs a few games straight. Says Jalen Hurts hasn't gotten to this point yet in his career with media and pressure where Dak is and every week they are on him. Gives Dak more credit for the win because AJ Brown is best WR in football except for maybe Tyreek Hill. He's not open much, Hurts still throws it, and Brown continues to make ridiculous catches and out-muscles DB.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams are 3-5 and look the part. Aside from Donald, their defense is unrecognizable.
I was a little worried after the first offensive series when the Rams sacked Dak multiple times. Cowboys OL was good enough after that and Daks legs killed the Rams.

cowboyed

Reaction score
One last late show from last night or very early morning. Once again, false title picture to get more clicks. Has Shannon Sharpe, but not First Take.
Regular Monday shows starting to upload.

Nightcap (not sure what network, but this plays out like a Dak thread on these forums LOL)
Shannon Sharpe (HOFer)

(Cowboys talk starts at 2:30)
Sharpe arguing with Host who says Dak was elite. Sharpe says you have to be consistent week to week to prove you are elite. Whole Cowboys soundbite is a Dak Fight. Thought I was on the Zone.

I actually think that is a fair assessment if you include key player components on the offensive besides Dak.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys easily wrecked a team they are superior to.

Next weeks game against the Eagles will be a step toward winning the division and improving consistency
That's all our hope, anyway ....
We have an opportunity..
Let hope we seize the day !

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a little worried after the first offensive series when the Rams sacked Dak multiple times. Cowboys OL was good enough after that and Daks legs killed the
I was shocked on the first series how bad the offense looked. Refs definitely bailed us out on that first drive. I don’t think the rams were prepared for his willingness to run , and they were off balance the rest of the game.

Roland

Reaction score
I was shocked on the first series how bad the offense looked. Refs definitely bailed us out on that first drive. I don’t think the rams were prepared for his willingness to run , and they were off balance the rest of the game.
I think this game goes very differently without that def penalty call on third down on our first drive. Kind of a ticky tack call that bailed us out. If we had to punt there and they are able to go down and score again...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like a sports fan discussion platform the day after. Team wins, "We're going to the Super Bowl"! The team loses, "The season is over"!
Well, play consistently and beat good teams... and that nonsense will be over.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is on Cowherd later today, will post if someones uploads it online.

Fox - The Herd
Colin Cowherd

(Cowboys start at 5:30)
Pokes at team's tendency to dominate, crash, dominate, crash. Never consistent and don't know what will get. Colin said Rams were smoke & mirrors, not a good team.

BET Online
Jesse Holly, Jeff Cavanaugh

(all Cowboys, more of a local bonus clip)
Holly said people make too much of the dominate, lose flip-flopping. Pro Football not like college football. Once you down, you rarely get it back, becomes more strategy on where to cut the injury losses. Agrees it was game defining play on the illegal touching call. Game could have gone differently if had to punt. Thinks AT&T is starting to become home court advantage. Wasn't always like that. Cavanaugh trashes Henry RB trade idea. Says it's all Oline. Holly agrees and wants Tyron out of the equation and Fergy out to catch more.

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this game goes very differently without that def penalty call on third down on our first drive. Kind of a ticky tack call that bailed us out. If we had to punt there and they are able to go down and score again...
The rules guy Bandino (or whatever) commented it WAS a penalty. These new rules can suck, but it was a penalty.

Roland

Reaction score
The rules guy Bandino (or whatever) commented it WAS a penalty. These new rules can suck, but it was a penalty.
Yeah, I know I said ticky tack. I am not really disagreeing that is was a penalty, just seemed very fortuitous at the time. I just think that was a very huge call that kickstarted us.

shabazz

Reaction score
That's all our hope, anyway ....
We have an opportunity..
Let hope we seize the day !
eagles are damn good but although they’ve been winning some ugly games the one thing they haven’t had is a legitimate beat down this year. Why not the Cowboys be the team to do it?

a decisive win IN a Philly would put the NFC on notice…….again

shabazz

Reaction score
The Rams, however, have been competitive in every game until this one. Of course, things can snowball when they go wrong, but the Cowboys have made that happen in several games, so it can't be called a total fluke. Realistically, it can't be called an expectation either though.
With our Cowboys there is NEVER an expectation. They definitely have the talent but not the consistency required to have expectations…….any time they win is just a blessing……seldom an expectation.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Fox - The Herd
Colin Cowherd

Jimmy Johnson interview. Thinks if Cowboys want consistency (not big wins and losses) key is the defense and running game must be consistent first. Thinks CeeDee Lamb vs AJ Brown next week will be a huge factor who wins Eagles game. Thinks Henry would give the Cowboys a complete football team. They need a physical run game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Only later shows are left. Speak up on Fox, PFT with Florio/Simms, Etc.... Decent watches (along with beautiful Joy Taylor!) and may post when available.

49ers have taken the "Wheels Are Off!" Bandwagon back from the Cowboys. Thank goodness. Nobody is ready to crown the Cowboys anything after watching them do same thing beginning of season. Unanimous consensus - they can prove it all this week against Eagles.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only later shows are left. Speak up on Fox, PFT with Florio/Simms, Etc.... Decent watches (along with beautiful Joy Taylor!) and may post when available.

49ers have taken the "Wheels Are Off!" Bandwagon back from the Cowboys. Thank goodness. Nobody is ready to crown the Cowboys anything after watching them do same thing beginning of season. Unanimous consensus - they can prove it all this week against Eagles.
And they need to. I hate the Eagles and will love to see a total beat down.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Nice win, however, the Eagles are far better than the Rams and they play on grass. I expect an Eagles win by at least 16 points.
So the Eagles have yet to beat any team by that much, entire season by that number, but we will be the first team to fall to them by that much ?