Monday Night Football: Falcons at Eagles

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, there has to be more to this conversation.
The conversation involved how one play...one player...can win or lose a game. A Dak Cultist said that is impossible it's a team game no one player or play can do that.

I cited Jackie Smith....9ers "The Catch"...and less critical Barkley's butter fingers in his recent game against Atlanta. I cited how entities make a TON of money "recapping" plays that made a difference.

I made no progress.

Said person still refuses to believe ONE play can be identified as win or lose play.

I admitted the chaos theory and butterfly effect. And that not every game has an identifiable one play...citing our recent game that certainly no ONE play or player lost this game.

He is a HUGE Dak Cultist and in my opinion knows better but has other agendas other than logic and reason. If say...Flamma proposed it he would have scrolled on by. But me or a few others? He will find ANY reason to fight it logical or not.

And it is NOT logical. ONE play...one player....can win or lose a "team game".

RonWashington

Reaction score
You can't even make a pistol with your hand in the NFL. You'll get flagged.

I think the throat slashing gesture is also frowned upon .

“ Troy lets ask rules guru Sgt Fredrickson out of the Hollywood station LAPD what caused the flag on that last play …”

Flamma

Reaction score
The conversation involved how one play...one player...can win or lose a game. A Dak Cultist said that is impossible it's a team game no one player or play can do that.

I cited Jackie Smith....9ers "The Catch"...and less critical Barkley's butter fingers in his recent game against Atlanta. I cited how entities make a TON of money "recapping" plays that made a difference.

I made no progress.

Said person still refuses to believe ONE play can be identified as win or lose play.

I admitted the chaos theory and butterfly effect. And that not every game has an identifiable one play...citing our recent game that certainly no ONE play or player lost this game.

He is a HUGE Dak Cultist and in my opinion knows better but has other agendas other than logic and reason. If say...Flamma proposed it he would have scrolled on by. But me or a few others? He will find ANY reason to fight it logical or not.

And it is NOT logical. ONE play...one player....can win or lose a "team game".
Of course one play can be the difference in winning and losing. We just saw it. If Barkley catches the ball, the game is over. But you had to get to that point somehow. The rest of the game is the reason you're at that point. That's probably where they are going with it. But yeah, there are definitely plays in big games than can be seen as game changers. The Helmet catch changed everything.

Super Bowl 13 is a sore spot. I think we still lose that game even if he catches it. But you can point to that one play as the beginning of our downfall in that game. We were in great shape after mugging Bradshaw and taking the lead. But from that point on we were outscored 28-3 before Dallas responded. Would that catch have stopped the bleeding? I don't know.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the throat slashing gesture is also frowned upon .

“ Troy lets ask rules guru Sgt Fredrickson out of the Hollywood station LAPD what caused the flag on that last play …”
Wasn't there a Cowboy that used to pretend he had two 6 shooters in celebration? Who am I thinking of?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Wasn't there a Cowboy that used to pretend he had two 6 shooters in celebration? Who am I thinking of?

I remember that . For some reason Terrell Owens comes to mind and he was always pointed towards Parcells .

:facepalm:

coult44

Reaction score
I’ve forgotten more football than the trolls have seen . Spare me the bricks .
Not than this troll has seen. Unless you’ve been in the game for 44 years, like in the game in the game. But ok I’ll take your word for it. Since you’ve been in it, then why the nonsense? I expect more from football guys. Serious question

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course one play can be the difference in winning and losing. We just saw it. If Barkley catches the ball, the game is over. But you had to get to that point somehow. The rest of the game is the reason you're at that point. That's probably where they are going with it. But yeah, there are definitely plays in big games than can be seen as game changers. The Helmet catch changed everything.

Super Bowl 13 is a sore spot. I think we still lose that game even if he catches it. But you can point to that one play as the beginning of our downfall in that game. We were in great shape after mugging Bradshaw and taking the lead. But from that point on we were outscored 28-3 before Dallas responded. Would that catch have stopped the bleeding? I don't know.
I've already said the game is full of chaos theory and butterfly effect. 6 is attempting to say no one player can ever win or lose a game.

I say of course it is possible. It's really a mixture of team game and individual performances.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You go ahead and keep believing 1 person wins and loses games in the NFL.
There you go again. As if it's ONLY that.

I said one person *CAN* win or lose a game. Ask Jackie Smith.

The TEAM put him in the position all game long. HE...dropped the game winning pass his team was counting on him to make. And individual player. Did you want the center or punter to catch it for him? Did you expect all 55 players to catch it for him? Everyone else manged to do their job on that play.

It is so basic and obvious....It boggles my mind you are standing your ground on this. Very weird.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There you go again. As if it's ONLY that.

I said one person *CAN* win or lose a game. Ask Jackie Smith.

The TEAM put him in the position all game long. HE...dropped the game winning pass his team was counting on him to make. And individual player. Did you want the center or punter to catch it for him? Did you expect all 55 players to catch it for him? Everyone else manged to do their job on that play.

It is so basic and obvious....It boggles my mind you are standing your ground on this. Very weird.
No it s not. The Center had to snap the ball, the line had to give Hurts protection. Other receivers had to clear out the flat, for Barkley to be open, then Hurts had to make a good pass. If he caught the ball he would not have one the game by himself.

If Hurts does not throw the ball into double coverage on the final drive and to the WR in front of the one he through the ball to, they most likely kick a FG and win the game. Hurts lost the game.

Their dumb Coach for deciding not to kick a FG in the second quarter lost the game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Had Philly just run the ball the game was over. For those that say he could have fumbled, yeah, right. He could have caught the pass and fumbled too. A fumble is always a possibility. Just win the game. Don't give them 40 seconds. That's how we beat the Giants back in 2015 I believe.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it s not. The Center had to snap the ball, the line had to give Hurts protection. Other receivers had to clear out the flat, for Barkley to be open, then Hurts had to make a good pass. If he caught the ball he would not have one the game by himself.

If Hurts does not throw the ball into double coverage on the final drive and to the WR in front of the one he through the ball to, they most likely kick a FG and win the game. Hurts lost the game.

Their dumb Coach for deciding not to kick a FG in the second quarter lost the game.
Thank you for proving my point. Each one of those individuals had to perform their individual duty. The center is expected to correctly hike the ball. The wr doesn't do it for him. That is an individual accomplishment.

Each individual contributes to the team result. Individuals are a crucial component to the team. The team needs individuals..and needs them to perform their individual assignments for the team to succeed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Had Philly just run the ball the game was over. For those that say he could have fumbled, yeah, right. He could have caught the pass and fumbled too. A fumble is always a possibility. Just win the game. Don't give them 40 seconds. That's how we beat the Giants back in 2015 I believe.
Kellen Moore specialty. His situational awareness was always near 0. He'd always do the opposite of what we needed. Can't count how many times a run was the obvious choice and he would pass. And also, the opposite. He's not a good coordinator. Eagles and their fans will learn this as the season goes on. Hurts ability to take off will be able to fool and mask some of that, though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point. Each one of those individuals had to perform their individual duty. The center is expected to correctly hike the ball. The wr doesn't do it for him. That is an individual accomplishment.

Each individual contributes to the team result. Individuals are a crucial component to the team. The team needs individuals..and needs them to perform their individual assignments for the team to succeed.
So you must believe the last guy at an automobile assembly line builds all the cars by himself.

Good to know.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not what I said....at all. Why are you cherry picking my comments?
They are not individual duties. The OLine may double a player, or pass one off to another lineman. A RB may have to pick up a blitz, the other WR's most successfully clear out the zone.

If you believe football is an individual sport I can't help you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are not individual duties. The OLine may double a player, or pass one off to another lineman. A RB may have to pick up a blitz, the other WR's most successfully clear out the zone.

If you believe football is an individual sport I can't help you.
I said it's both....many times.
The team....be it sports, business, home, firefighters....all rely on individuals to do their individual jobs for success. That includes helping each other.

If you can't comprehend that, I can't help you.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I said it's both....many times.
The team....be it sports, business, home, firefighters....all rely on individuals to do their individual jobs for success. That includes helping each other.

If you can't comprehend that, I can't help you.
So how can you say 1 person wins or losses a game?

1 play may lose or win a game, but not 1 person.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So how can you say 1 person wins or losses a game?

1 play may lose or win a game, but not 1 person.

I got you to drill down to the one play. Now just go a LITTLE BIT more! What happened on that one play?

Remember I told you people make a lotta money doing this very thing...i am SURE...YOU can do it too...if you just relax and let go.

It is NOT...always just one play or just one player....a lot of events have to lead up to the one that might be.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I got you to drill down to the one play. Now just go a LITTLE BIT more! What happened on that one play?

Remember I told you people make a lotta money doing this very thing...i am SURE...YOU can do it too...if you just relax and let go.

It is NOT...always just one play or just one player....a lot of events have to lead up to the one that might be.
You did not get me to do anything. It is just an appearance of one 1 play. 60 minutes in the game. Any Coach will tell you 1 play does not win or lose a game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You did not get me to do anything
Okay...that;s fine. Can you stick to the point?

Assess the one play that won or lost the game. What happened?

The whole team performed their jobs....except Jackie Smith. HE...dropped the easy game winning pass.