Monday Night Football opening skit - FCC

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Couldn't agree more. And A LOT of those videos are on during the middle of the day or earlier but don't seem to draw as much attention.

That or the commercials about feminine hygiene that seem to run nonstop.

Exactly. With so much wrong in the world, I can't believe that little skit draws so much attention.

This wasn't about a woman showing her back. If you believe this then the whole issue is beyond you. The issue is over the sexual inuendo and conotation of the skit. Plus it was showing an immoral act on a TV show that had no place showing it. YOU can say that this is being blown out of proportion if you want but I submit that it hasn't been made a big enough deal because ABC has yet to be repremanded or sactioned becasue of it. This is a cse of pushing the limits to see what they can get away with. Kids do not need to see this trash.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
This wasn't about a woman showing her back. If you believe this then the whole issue is beyond you. The issue is over the sexual inuendo and conotation of the skit. Plus it was showing an immoral act on a TV show that had no place showing it. YOU can say that this is being blown out of proportion if you want but I submit that it hasn't been made a big enough deal because ABC has yet to be repremanded or sactioned becasue of it. This is a cse of pushing the limits to see what they can get away with. Kids do not need to see this trash.

Yet sexual inneundo isnt assumed when there is a commercial on about erectile dysfunction ? Please. Sexual innuendo isnt on the Real World, music videos, or comedy central ?

Bottom line is it comes down to parenting. If people are that concerned about their childrens purity then they would do a better job of parenting. Not saying that you persay are a bad parent but too much responsibility is put on the shoulders of the entertainment industry.

This commercial has done exactly what it was intended to do. Create a buzz.

And what was the immoral act shown ?

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Yet sexual inneundo isnt assumed when there is a commercial on about erectile dysfunction ? Please. Sexual innuendo isnt on the Real World, music videos, or comedy central ?

Bottom line is it comes down to parenting. If people are that concerned about their childrens purity then they would do a better job of parenting. Not saying that you persay are a bad parent but too much responsibility is put on the shoulders of the entertainment industry.

If people weren't so quick to get offended, the buzz would be stifled. So the fact that some viewers made a big deal of the skit made the skit much much more effective.

Smith22

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Excellent post.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

The bottom line to me is we need to be able to predict what to expect from a show.

As a parent I should know what shows are suitable viewing for children and up to now, I would of thought Monday Night Football was suitable.

Parents are right to be alarmed, but they also need to understand that the world doesn't cater to them and their families.

Smith22

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
The bottom line to me is we need to be able to predict what to expect from a show.

As a parent I should know what shows are suitable viewing for children and up to now, I would of thought Monday Night Football was suitable.

Parents are right to be alarmed, but they also need to understand that the world doesn't cater to them and their families.
Fair enough.