Monday Night Football opening skit - FCC

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
I actually immediately emailed the FCC in disgust. I am an Eagles fan and like Terrell Owens, but that opening skit was so out of bounds and classless.

For those who didn't see it, TO is in uniform in a steamy locker room with some blonde haired lady in nothing but a towel. She says she wants him about 3 times but he says he has to play football. Then she drops her towel and he reconsiders and forgets football, as she jumps naked into his arms. This at 9PM, 6PM on the west coast, with millions of kids watching. This was a desperate network trying to promote Desperate Housewives. I think ABC should be fined for this and it has not place in football. Thoughts?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
apparently it's too much to ask abc to represent both teams in their montage.

CoCo1

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
I actually immediately emailed the FCC in disgust. I am an Eagles fan and like Terrell Owens, but that opening skit was so out of bounds and classless.

For those who didn't see it, TO is in uniform in a steamy locker room with some blonde haired lady in nothing but a towel. She says she wants him about 3 times but he says he has to play football. Then she drops her towel and he reconsiders and forgets football, as she jumps naked into his arms. This at 9PM, 6PM on the west coast, with millions of kids watching. This was a desperate network trying to promote Desperate Housewives. I think ABC should be fined for this and it has not place in football. Thoughts?

Didn't see it. If it truly is as you describe it sounds shocking. And yet its probably right on par with the directions of other things shown on TV these days.

One side comment. I've never really understood why people reference the exposure of these things to kids. Maybe its just me but it seems to imply its wrong for kids to see it but ok for adults. In my thinking, if its wrong for one group its wrong for the other.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I agree 100%!! I was talking with a buddy of mine and we both agreed that we aren't prudish, but when you have kids, as we do, and my son is 12 years old and he has his Roy Williams jersey on and is ready to watch the game, it's embarrasing to have to sit and watch that on prime-time tv. ABC should be ashamed of themselves!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I thought that was pretty stupid for them to do after all of the crazy crap with J.Jackson during the superbowl.

And then the mean side of me was thinking...they knew nothing would happen because it was T.O. :p

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It was better than the Half Time "You've Been Sacked" segment.

That's not saying much.

TheHustler

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty tasteless, especially coming from ABC the "family network".

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It was better than the Half Time "You've Been Sacked" segment.

That's not saying much.
They are pretty lame but that kid was railing on Tiki :D

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The thing that got me was the fact that I actually thought it would be OK for my 12 year old daughter to watch the Monday Night Football game with me. I was so ticked that I too am penning a note to the FCC and ABC.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was classless and over the edge.

I don't know what the hell someone was thinking when they allowed that to appear on the screen.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
It was classless and over the edge.

I don't know what the hell someone was thinking when they allowed that to appear on the screen.

<donning best Fat Albert cast of characters voices>

Man, ABC is like school in the summertime.

Hey-buh, dude-buh, why-buh you-buh say-buh, A-buh B-buh C-buh like-buh shool-buh in-buh da-buh su-buh-ma-buh-time-buh?

.... No class!

<cut to mob of characters cheering wildly>

kmd24

Reaction score
Since ABC broadcasts Desparate Housewives in primetime, they probably didn't think anything of adding it to the MNF broadcast. Perhaps they didn't pay attention to the fallout from the Janet/Justin halftime show? I can't imagine Tags would be too happy with it.

I was indifferent to it. While I do think it's hard to argue that it's any worse than some of the sexual innuendo on many of the primetime network shows over the last few years, the major difference is that you don't expect to see that when tuning in to a football broadcast.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
You guys sound like a bunch of prudish hens.

Get ahold of yourselves for God's sake.

And you think it is appropriate for an 11 or 12 year old little girl to see? It's not something that is seen in normal football viewing. Now if she would be up watching the show they were hyping then that would be on me as a parent. But this is on ABC and they should appologize for that and be fined for the indecency.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
And you think it is appropriate for an 11 or 12 year old little girl to see? It's not something that is seen in normal football viewing. Now if she would be up watching the show they were hyping then that would be on me as a parent. But this is on ABC and they should appologize for that and be fined for the indecency.
Relax guys :confused: Everybody is pissed about the loss. They didn't expose any body parts, barely even an *** crack. I felt it no different then showing the cheerleaders with their boobs hanging out of their tight blouses and cheeks coming out of shorts that wouldn't fit a 4th grader. One high kick from them and we get a free show. Get over it. :rolleyes:

te0002

Reaction score
Julius Jones said:
You guys sound like a bunch of prudish hens.

Get ahold of yourselves for God's sake.

Hey Julius - maybe you should worry about your own game and trying to prove to the fans you belong b/f bashing their opinions.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Relax guys :confused: Everybody is pissed about the loss. They didn't expose any body parts, barely even an *** crack. I felt it no different then showing the cheerleaders with their boobs hanging out of their tight blouses and cheeks coming out of shorts that wouldn't fit a 4th grader. One high kick from them and we get a free show. Get over it. :rolleyes:

UM, none of the cheerleaders were coming on to the players, ripping their clothes off and jumping in their arms naked. Explain to me why this should be shown on a MNF game? Especially without any warning as to the content. My kids don't need to see this stuff.