Monday Night Football opening skit - FCC

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
It's not about making me work more as a parent. It's about the responsibility the networks have and continually shirk those responsibilities.
Still not answering the violence question. :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Still not answering the violence question. :rolleyes:

Sure it's violent. So is a NASCAR race when they crash. Should I not let the kid watch that? Again, it has nothing to do with violence. Changing the subject of what ABC did doesn't change the fact that it had no place on the broadcast.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If anything the network should be sued for spreading lies. Everyone knows TO perfers members... well that's it, he prefers "members".

A hot looking blonde would do nothing for TO unless it was a man.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Sure it's violent. So is a NASCAR race when they crash. Should I not let the kid watch that? Again, it has nothing to do with violence. Changing the subject of what ABC did doesn't change the fact that it had no place on the broadcast.
The question is, why is violence ok and sexual implication not? It's just a matter of opinion as to what is worse. That is why the 1st ammendment was put into place, so people wouldn't push THEIR opinions on to others.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
The question is, why is violence ok and sexual implication not? It's just a matter of opinion as to what is worse. That is why the 1st ammendment was put into place, so people wouldn't push THEIR opinions on to others.

Excuse me but that is exactlly what happened last night. I tune into watch a football game with my daughter and I have to be subjected to something that is, according to some, morally acceptable. They pushed that on me. I wanted to weatch football and I got an R rated skit instead. With no warning. I know that there will be hitting in the game and I make the decision in my house as to what is acceptable. Not ABC. If I wanted my daughter to see this crap I would let her watch the show.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Excuse me but that is exactlly what happened last night. I tune into watch a football game with my daughter and I have to be subjected to something that is, according to some, morally acceptable. They pushed that on me. I wanted to weatch football and I got an R rated skit instead. With no warning. I know that there will be hitting in the game and I make the decision in my house as to what is acceptable. Not ABC. If I wanted my daughter to see this crap I would let her watch the show.
SOLUTION: Don't Watch. There are tons of Prime Time shows on at 6:30 and 7:00 that have sexual tones. Seinfeld, Friends, George Lopez, My Wife and Kids. My suggestion is to throw out your TV and invest in a lot of books because you'll never be able shelter her in today's media.

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
No, every hard up, ugly, can't get their own girl guy wants that. Some of us that do not have that problem don't need that crap.

Those of us that actually have beautiful females in our lives know different.

Your hand doesnt count.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
SOLUTION: Don't Watch. There are tons of Prime Time shows on at 6:30 and 7:00 that have sexual tones. Seinfeld, Friends, George Lopez, My Wife and Kids. My suggestion is to throw out your TV and invest in a lot of books because you'll never be able shelter her in today's media.

No. That's stupid. I pay for the tv, I pay for the networks and I pay for my Sirectv. Don't tell me not to watch. What you need to do is tell the networks not to put inappropriate programming on at a time that it doesn't belong. That's what you do. To tell someone not to watch a football game becasue you may see something like this is stupid.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Bababooey said:
Those of us that actually have beautiful females in our lives know different.

Your hand doesnt count.

Tastless. Truley tasteless. now I see why you defend this. Nuff said.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Bababooey said:
you goody goody types really crack me up.

to each his own....

THat explains it. You've craked up.

I'm done with this thread becasue it is a pure and simple question of what is appropriate and what is not. Some have morals and some want to live in the sewer.

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I'm done with this thread becasue it is a pure and simple question of what is appropriate and what is not. Some have morals and some want to live in the sewer.

Correction, this thread is done with you.

Now run along before you miss anymore good wholesome PBS programming.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Rack said:
If anything the network should be sued for spreading lies. Everyone knows TO perfers members... well that's it, he prefers "members".

A hot looking blonde would do nothing for TO unless it was a man.

I noticed he was wearing a "Members Only" jacket last night... that explains a lot...

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
No. That's stupid. I pay for the tv, I pay for the networks and I pay for my Sirectv. Don't tell me not to watch. What you need to do is tell the networks not to put inappropriate programming on at a time that it doesn't belong. That's what you do. To tell someone not to watch a football game becasue you may see something like this is stupid.
But you don't approve of the content. You don't approve of the sexual overtures that are in just about EVERY show in that time slot. What about your local news? How about Scott Petersen? The argument that you pay for it puts the BLAME on you. Cancel your subscription and head out to the local pub to watch your shows. Sunday football beer commercials have more inappropriate context then most shows. Soap operas during the day time have a sickening overload of tampon, cramping, and genital herpes commercials, don't need my son to see those. It is a 1st ammendment right for everyone to watch these things and also to not watch. Exercise your rights-Don't watch.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
First of all ID HIT IT and second ill be watching Desperate Housewives :D

Reaction score
ABC should never have run the skit. They should never have a pathetic show like Desperate Housewives on the air either. I'm not for censorship, but that stuff is just downright stupid. Anyone who really enjoys it is a pretty pathetic lamer in my opinion.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
ABC apologizes for steamy Monday Night intro

Associated Press
Posted: 14 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - ABC apologized Tuesday for a steamy intro to "Monday Night Football" after receiving complaints from viewers and the NFL.

The spot featured a naked Nicollette Sheridan jumping into the arms of Terrell Owens.
Before the Philadelphia-Dallas game, ABC showed Owens and Sheridan in an empty locker room in an attempt to spoof the network hit "Desperate Housewives." Sheridan, who stars in the show, was wearing only a towel and provocatively asked Owens to skip the game for her.

After she dropped her towel, he agreed to be late for the contest and hugged her. Then the shot panned out to two more stars of "Desperate Housewives," Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman, watching the scene unfold on a television and commenting on desperate women.

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's MNF opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC said in a statement. "We apologize."

The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."

"While ABC may have gained attention for one of its other shows, the NFL and its fans lost," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3168960

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jacs said:
ABC apologizes for steamy Monday Night intro

Associated Press
Posted: 14 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - ABC apologized Tuesday for a steamy intro to "Monday Night Football" after receiving complaints from viewers and the NFL.

The spot featured a naked Nicollette Sheridan jumping into the arms of Terrell Owens.
Before the Philadelphia-Dallas game, ABC showed Owens and Sheridan in an empty locker room in an attempt to spoof the network hit "Desperate Housewives." Sheridan, who stars in the show, was wearing only a towel and provocatively asked Owens to skip the game for her.

After she dropped her towel, he agreed to be late for the contest and hugged her. Then the shot panned out to two more stars of "Desperate Housewives," Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman, watching the scene unfold on a television and commenting on desperate women.

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's MNF opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC said in a statement. "We apologize."

The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."

"While ABC may have gained attention for one of its other shows, the NFL and its fans lost," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3168960

JUSTIFICATION

'Nuff Said"

Gah

Benched
Reaction score
I thought it was funny. Anyone that found it offensive is either a nun or 70 years old and need help finding their teeth in the morning.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Gah said:
I thought it was funny. Anyone that found it offensive is either a nun or 70 years old and need help finding their teeth in the morning.

No, were not all stuck in the sewer.