Monday Night Game, what are you looking for

75boyz

Reaction score
As well as Tyler Smith has played and if Jason Peters can be an effective “plug and play” guy at either LG or LT, I would like to see an upgrade in the running game. If this team has an above average running game with the quality of this defense, the team’s chances for a playoff spot are there.

Lots and lots of football to be played. The offense needs to improve quite a bit. As it stands now, our offense is well below average. That must show incremental improvement and I believe it starts with the OL.

I agree. I think Peters is a better player than McGovern or Farniok. I believe the more dominant version of this year's OL would have Peters at LT and sliding Tyler back to LG.

If they get back to that smash mouth down hill formula with timely play action throws they can have some regular season success for sure.

But then there's the playoffs and either bus driver QB would hafta play way over their previously shown abilities to bring home the ultimate prize.

UNLESS the dee turned into an 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens model that literally carries these limited QBs.

jmo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zeke needs a good game
but...
special teams not give away first downs
avoid the drive killer penalties on offense
avoid the drive extender penalties on defense

you see a pattern here Big Mike?

I agree I would add stopping the NY run game, I expect to see a heavy dose of Barkley in this game. Barkley 2nd in the NFL in rushing only behind Chubb who played last night.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Figure I would start this, and hopefully it stays on topic about the game.

The front page is flooded with the fans hating on everything more than usual. Give them their days I guess. All that for future threads and topics.

I just want to win games, I don't care who is playing and who does what, just win.

Anyway, I am looking to see if the defense can continue what they did against the Bengals. Was it really the defense, or a really bad Cincinnati OL. Or did the defense as the Steelers defense have something to do with that.
Steelers are actually lucky yo win that game.

What can Moore do with the game plan to counter what seems to be an improved NYG defense. Now the NYG offense took advantage of some turnovers with great field position. What can they do against a better defense though.

looking for oline to continue to get better. Looking for the run game to have success.

doomsday808

Reaction score
OL
Run Game
WR
Run Defense
Dante Fowler
2nd half Offense performance. They fizzled out in the second half of last week's win.
Is the Cooper Rush hype for real??

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
depositphotos_6018056-stock-photo-flaming-font-letter-w.jpg

nobody

Reaction score

The front page is flooded with the fans hating on everything more than usual. Give them their days I guess. All that for future threads and topics.

I just want to win games, I don't care who is playing and who does what, just win.

Anyway, I am looking to see if the defense can continue what they did against the Bengals. Was it really the defense, or a really bad Cincinnati OL. Or did the defense as the Steelers defense have something to do with that.

What can Moore do with the game plan to counter what seems to be an improved NYG defense. Now the NYG offense took advantage of some turnovers with great field position. What can they do against a better defense though.

All I want is a win. It doesn't have to be flashy or pretty or high scoring. I just want a win. It would be nice to see the defense continue to turn into a juggernaut.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like to see a nice balanced attack from the offense, with our running game improving considerably. Jason Peters might be active as our LG and if so, he should help our rushing attack to become somewhat more effective. Tyler is set to be retained at LT.

Scotman

Reaction score
I think this might be a game that we see something special from Turpin in the return department. If I'm looking at the stats correctly, the giants have allowed a lot of yardage on returns when compared to other teams. On 6 punt returns the Giants have allowed 79 return yards. The Giants are allowing 12.4 yards per punt return, which I think is the league's worst aside from Cincinnati. The Giants are also allowing over 21 yards per return on kickoffs which is also near the bottom of the league average. It's still a young season, but I'm hoping we see Turpin bust a long runback or two.

As far as offense, I'm afraid it may be tough going. If our offensive line continues to gel, we could make it a fight. I think we are going to have to be able to get some first downs on the ground if we hope to score some points.

On defense, I am genuinely optimistic. I don't think they are anywhere near their ceiling yet. In a perfect world, someone in the middle would get a push. If so, our defense can shut down anyone. But, I'm afraid that the Giants are just going to grind it out and keep our defense on the field. If Tank can control the running game with a little help from the DTs, we'll win.

I still think we win. But, it might be tough. 17-13.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score

Our D is gonna penetrate that arse!!!! We got
This!!!

plasticman

Reaction score
Most likely, the bottle of Jack Daniels.

This season is going to be schizophrenic.

Reactions: BAT