Monday Night Game, what are you looking for

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Figure I would start this, and hopefully it stays on topic about the game.

The front page is flooded with the fans hating on everything more than usual. Give them their days I guess. All that for future threads and topics.

I just want to win games, I don't care who is playing and who does what, just win.

Anyway, I am looking to see if the defense can continue what they did against the Bengals. Was it really the defense, or a really bad Cincinnati OL. Or did the defense as the Steelers defense have something to do with that.
Steelers are actually lucky yo win that game.

What can Moore do with the game plan to counter what seems to be an improved NYG defense. Now the NYG offense took advantage of some turnovers with great field position. What can they do against a better defense though.
Run the ball.

Stop the run.

Toro9

Reaction score
Zeke, 60 yards rushing
22 receiving
Pollard, 50 yards rushing
31 receiving
Lamb, 88 yards receiving
7 rushing
Rush, 21/38 for 234, 2Tds, 1 int

Parsons
1 sack, 3 pressures

Diggs gets 2 INTs

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Figure I would start this, and hopefully it stays on topic about the game.

The front page is flooded with the fans hating on everything more than usual. Give them their days I guess. All that for future threads and topics.

I just want to win games, I don't care who is playing and who does what, just win.

Anyway, I am looking to see if the defense can continue what they did against the Bengals. Was it really the defense, or a really bad Cincinnati OL. Or did the defense as the Steelers defense have something to do with that.
Steelers are actually lucky yo win that game.

What can Moore do with the game plan to counter what seems to be an improved NYG defense. Now the NYG offense took advantage of some turnovers with great field position. What can they do against a better defense though.
Mistake free football, if we don’t beat ourselves we win

shabazz

Reaction score
They can score more than 20, they just have to trust Rush more than they do. Dallas was only mildly aggressive in the first quarter and after Cinci tied the game at 17. But in between that time they really didn't trust Rush to throw the ball. And maybe rightfully so. But at some point we're going to have to find out.

I don’t trust Rush and I don’t expect the OC to trust him either. He’s athleticly so limited and he cannot make all the throws…….I can’t delude myself into saying he’s an NFL caliber level Qb…..no more than Jason Garrett was when he stepped in. I’ve got mad beef with this FO for not prioritizing the Qb position

shabazz

Reaction score
he's already beat two considered good teams, so the NFC east should be a cakewalk.

gotta see him go long term bro. The Dakzoids want us to embrace Rush as the heir apparent so they can go back and say “ the new guy didn’t do any better”…..let’s wait until a baller Qb gets here before taking that bait

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree. I think Peters is a better player than McGovern or Farniok. I believe the more dominant version of this year's OL would have Peters at LT and sliding Tyler back to LG.

If they get back to that smash mouth down hill formula with timely play action throws they can have some regular season success for sure.

But then there's the playoffs and either bus driver QB would hafta play way over their previously shown abilities to bring home the ultimate prize.

UNLESS the dee turned into an 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens model that literally carries these limited QBs.

jmo

You may be right about Peters at LT and Smith at LG being the best OL we could put on the field, but I don't think it is the difference in wins for this team. I would prefer at this point they just keep working to develop Smith at LT. He is the future. Peters isn't. And with the injury history, Tyron isn't either.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
They will try peters at LG as they should, if its not working then think about swapping...I want Tyler playing as many snaps as he can at LT. Be nice not to worry the season is over when Tyron goes down.

This sounds too much like Philbin's M.O.

We all saw Philbin do exactly the same last season too.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t trust Rush and I don’t expect the OC to trust him either. He’s athleticly so limited and he cannot make all the throws…….I can’t delude myself into saying he’s an NFL caliber level Qb…..no more than Jason Garrett was when he stepped in. I’ve got mad beef with this FO for not prioritizing the Qb position

I agree with you. But you just can't stop playing altogether for 3 quarters on offense. I'm all for being conservative with him to a point. Dallas let Cinci crawl back in it.