Monday night is the season for us

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I feel like we will see exactly who or what this team is on Monday Night.

If they lose this game, I will have very little hope of them making the playoffs, let alone a run.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
These shows are formatted after soap opera/reality tv type of appeal to get ratings. Don't think like they talk.

If you took clips week after week of these guys talking about the same teams, and put them together, it would be nonsense

baldinger and dundgy type of guys are good

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they win still 11 games to go
If they lose still 11 games to go.

3-3 does not eliminate us from the playoffs. Even though all the Debbie downers will say it is over.

In 1990 the were 3-7. Won 4 straight. 1 win make the playoffs. Aikman gets hurt in the Eagles game, and they lose. Babe Laufenburg could not lead the team to a win against a horrible Falcons team.
They could still make the playoffs with a Saints loss. They are losing to the Rams, Saints go to kick a FG. Misses, Rams win, cowboys in the playoffs. But no, an offsides on the Rams, next kick is good. Saints in the playoffs, Rams are out.

The thing is, we would have played the Bears, and we would have had Aikman back. Bears was hurting as well. That would have been a winnable game.

So any team at 3-7, I never count out, until mathematically eliminated.
Yes, a much different team than the 90's. Remember though, many fans and media was not all in on Aikman at the time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s fine to win enough games to make the playoffs but if the Niners are waiting at the end of the yellow brick road with a sledgehammer in their hands, what’s the point?

I’ll enjoy every win this year but as far as expecting success in the playoffs?…..nuff said.
A giant with a sledgehammer CAN be taken down. The 1992 Cowboys did just that thing as well. :thumbup:

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s fine to win enough games to make the playoffs but if the Niners are waiting at the end of the yellow brick road with a sledgehammer in their hands, what’s the point?

I’ll enjoy every win this year but as far as expecting success in the playoffs?…..nuff said.
Yeah my thoughts too, season was over late last Sunday night, there will be some fun wins still I am sure but they aren't getting past the 49ers

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A week 6 game isn’t going to determine our season but it could have a big effect on our confidence going forward. If we lose the wheels could very likely start coming off, especially if it’s another decisive loss. The Cowboys haven’t been great coming off bye weeks and with the Rams and Eagles coming up after the bye those games could determine if we’re going to stay in playoff contention. Even if the Cowboys have little chance to contend for a Super Bowl, it would be nice to see the team make the playoffs three straight seasons. That hasn’t happened since the 90s.

Jipper

Reaction score
A week 6 game isn’t going to determine our season but it could have a big effect on our confidence going forward. If we lose the wheels could very likely start coming off, especially if it’s another decisive loss. The Cowboys haven’t been great coming off bye weeks and with the Rams and Eagles coming up after the bye those games could determine if we’re going to stay in playoff contention. Even if the Cowboys have little chance to contend for a Super Bowl, it would be nice to see the team make the playoffs three straight seasons. That hasn’t happened since the 90s.
The wheels have already started to come offf....when you hear the rumblings of the locker room being divided that's a key indicator

RS12

Reaction score
Team is on its heels right now.. LAC has a bad defense and the Cowboys have a chance to right the ship somewhat. A loss on MNF and my nine win prediction starts looking shaky.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The wheels have already started to come offf....when you hear the rumblings of the locker room being divided that's a key indicator
I don’t agree that the wheels have started coming off at 3-2. Following up last weeks debacle with another loss on Monday night to a team we should beat would signify the wheels are coming off. That would indicate we’re in real trouble.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I hope the Chargers embarrass them, this team deserves to spend the bye marinating in its own crap. The wheels falling off for good is the only chance we have at seeing much needed changes, totally worth it.