Mood at The Star

Zordon

Reaction score
My company is located in a office complex footsteps from The Star. So far today only one co-worker has brought up the game. There's been much more discussion about college football. To be frank, nobody but select diehards are emotionally invested in this team anymore. That's the sense I get around this city. The younger the person the worse it gets. This franchise is in danger of losing a generation to apathy. You can't live off the 70's, 80's, 90's fans forever. Anybody else getting the same sense at work today?

Batman1980

Reaction score
I know I'm going to hear about it at work tomorrow, nothing I say will change the fact that the offense stunk and we're 0-1 heading into a game against a surprisingly tough division rival.

blueblood70

Reaction score
clappy clap slappy slap its a process :)))I havent watched JJ or SJ pressers but im looking forward to the coach speak and positivity.. :))

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know I'm going to hear about it at work tomorrow, nothing I say will change the fact that the offense stunk and we're 0-1 heading into a game against a surprisingly tough division rival.

The Giants don't look tough at all really

Plus their oline sucks and Eli is old Eli now. Our pass rush is good too.

The problem is our pass game is horrendous so because of that it will be a close game.

We have the clear cut advantage in this game though but lack of coaching in the pass scheme just evens the odds.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Talked to a panthers fan at work, congratulated him on his teams win. Told him I still dislike Cam, and Dak and Garrett sucked.

Talked with a Patriots fan, but didn't talk to the other Cowboys fan as I think we can both agree the performance speaks for itself.

jrumann59

Reaction score

The problem is our pass game is horrendous so because of that it will be a close game.

We have the clear cut advantage in this game though but lack of coaching in the pass scheme just evens the odds.
They will go quick passes like they have the last 3 years. Eli will throw to his TE and WR within seconds of getting the ball.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
My company is located in a office complex footsteps from The Star. So far today only one co-worker has brought up the game. There's been much more discussion about college football. To be frank, nobody but select diehards are emotionally invested in this team anymore. That's the sense I get around this city. The younger the person the worse it gets. This franchise is in danger of losing a generation to apathy. You can't live off the 70's, 80's, 90's fans forever. Anybody else getting the same sense at work today?
It's not just the Cowboys. The only NFL mention in my office was the Cleveland tie. But then, i'm in NC and all the talk is about the Hurricane coming.

Tommy

Reaction score

Trade Cam Newton for Dak Prescott that game and we win easily.

We have a QB problem. There is only so much you can do to scheme around bad QB play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Trade Cam Newton for Dak Prescott that game and we win easily.

We have a QB problem. There is only so much you can do to scheme around bad QB play.

Cam was not good but he beat us with his legs.

Cam passed for 161 yards yesterday.

If Cam were in Dallas do we even use that ability of his to run because Dak Prescott can run as good as any QB in the NFL but we don't use that aspect at all.

I'm tired of blaming players when the same coaches keep getting a pass.

zerofill

Reaction score

Luckily I work from home, so I don't have to hear about it from everyone else lol

John813

Reaction score
It's not just the Cowboys. The only NFL mention in my office was the Cleveland tie. But then, i'm in NC and all the talk is about the Hurricane coming.

Stay safe man.

Hate hurricane season(FL).
So damn unpredictable at times. so much for dying out at sea for Florence.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Here in Austin nobody really gives a crap anymore.

Kinda sad when you think about it. Most fans I talk to all say the same thing, this team isn’t winning jack under Garrett, so loses don’t bother anybody anymore.

zerofill

Reaction score

Yeah one of our guys lives down there to... hopefully you guys get missed.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Absolutely. I’ll say it again, but these younger generations don’t give a crap about the cowboys. Like during family get together and and holidays, anyone 20 and below couldn’t care less. Jerry done goofed and it’s going to start showing soon.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Here in Austin nobody really gives a crap anymore.

Kinda sad when you think about it. Most fans I talk to all say the same thing, this team isn’t winning jack under Garrett, so loses don’t bother anybody anymore.

I have personal real life circle of fans, and many just don’t even watch anymore, but do other things with the family. I don’t even ask anyone any more if they watched the game, because a lot of times it’s just met with a nahhh