Mood at The Star

JBS

Reaction score
The Giants don't look tough at all really

Plus their oline sucks and Eli is old Eli now. Our pass rush is good too.

The problem is our pass game is horrendous so because of that it will be a close game.

We have the clear cut advantage in this game though but lack of coaching in the pass scheme just evens the odds.

The Giants also have a clear cut advantage..their offense has far more explosiveness than ours..our DL will give them fits to mitigate the damage..but on snaps when our D doesn't cause havoc, the giants offense will move the ball..their D doesn't have much to worry about

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Stay safe man.

Hate hurricane season(FL).
So damn unpredictable at times. so much for dying out at sea for Florence.
thank ya. i'm pretty inland, so hopefully just some rain.
Absolutely. I’ll say it again, but these younger generations don’t give a crap about the cowboys. Like during family get together and and holidays, anyone 20 and below couldn’t care less. Jerry done goofed and it’s going to start showing soon.
I've said that same thing for years. My son is in the 10th grade. Just had his 16th B-day party. About HS boys at my house, 4-5 on the football team. I asked them who they liked this year for the SB. One kid, said the Pats. All the others, said they don't pay any attention to the NFL. Too many other interests in life.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Giants also have a clear cut advantage..their offense has far more explosiveness than ours..our DL will give them fits to mitigate the damage..but on snaps when our D doesn't cause havoc, the giants offense will move the ball..their D doesn't have much to worry about

Their offense just doesn't worry me.

If they could block i'd say their is reason to worry but our Dline could single handedly ruin their entire offense. It's a huge mismatch.

Barkley looks like a all or nothing back and Odell is hit or miss week to week.

We just aren't going to run away from anyone with our pass scheme.

Jaguars could've destroyed them but they have the same problems we do offensively.

scottsp

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but the Cows are a punchline more often than not in DFW. Makes me sad, because some of us can recall a time this club was THE calling card for the area. Our family would travel and conversations would at some point turn to our place of origin. The response most times, “From Dallas? Ooh the Cowboys.”

Nothing like that now. If the team comes up, it could just as well be a smirk and, mockingly, “Keep your chin up, buddy.” And that’s on a good day! I know better than to start up Cow conversations today. Not with these savages.

As to the growing state of Cowboy apathy here, see it so much with kids here. You are essentially serving as a historian when attempting to articulate how great, how proud, how cutting-edge this franchise once was. We’re relegated to this word of mouth conveyance, where it’s father-to-son or else the story dies.

Never could I have fathomed kids from Metroplex families donning Eagles or Pats gear, but I’m seeing it. I’m not referring to transplants from other NFL cities. These are the children who call this place home.

LittleD

Reaction score
It's not just the Cowboys. The only NFL mention in my office was the Cleveland tie. But then, i'm in NC and all the talk is about the Hurricane coming.

I'm in Virginia and the only talk around the cooler is how the Commanders are going to scalp the Cowboys this year.

Dre11

Reaction score
My company is located in a office complex footsteps from The Star. So far today only one co-worker has brought up the game. There's been much more discussion about college football. To be frank, nobody but select diehards are emotionally invested in this team anymore. That's the sense I get around this city. The younger the person the worse it gets. This franchise is in danger of losing a generation to apathy. You can't live off the 70's, 80's, 90's fans forever. Anybody else getting the same sense at work today?

Lol...fans don't only live in Dallas. Also, what were they in Forbes?

JBS

Reaction score
Their offense just doesn't worry me.

If they could block i'd say their is reason to worry but our Dline could single handedly ruin their entire offense. It's a huge mismatch.

Barkley looks like a all or nothing back and Odell is hit or miss week to week.

We just aren't going to run away from anyone with our pass scheme.

Jaguars could've destroyed them but they have the same problems we do offensively.

Everything you are saying is true..but you aren't factoring in that our defense isn't elite..so we aren't going to dominate the game on that side of the ball

The defense is going to give up plays..and touchdowns at that..our offense is the biggest weakness of either team in this game..

Dallas will not win this game

LittleD

Reaction score
Look, the Cowboys completely pooped the floor yesterday and we need to keep rubbing their noses in it. Maybe that stink will stick to
the appropriate cow chips associated with this team and the list is too long to list.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Everything you are saying is true..but you aren't factoring in that our defense isn't elite..so we aren't going to dominate the game on that side of the ball

The defense is going to give up plays..and touchdowns at that..our offense is the biggest weakness of either team in this game..

The defense was hung out to dry yesterday and they kept us in the game for 4 quarters.

It's rare to see a truly dominant defense. Dallas defense has the potential to be a modern day elite defense.

JBS

Reaction score
The defense was hung out to dry yesterday and they kept us in the game for 4 quarters.

It's rare to see a truly dominant defense. Dallas defense has the potential to be a modern day elite defense.

The defense is going to be hung out to dry just about every week..what happened yesterday isn't an anomaly...this has been consistent the last 8-9 games for this offense...Sunday night won't be any different

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
yep, it's sad actually. I work with a bunch of rival teams fans and they just don't even talk smack anymore

Yes, and when I was in NJ and Philly, I wore my Cowboys shirt, and Eagles and Giants fans actually had to try and dig up compliments to say to me instead of the usual trash talk. I've gotten it worse from Texans fans who are in absolute delight over our team's misery than Eagles and Giants fans. It was shocking! There was this one Eagles fan who told me, "You've got a lot of guts to stick with that team." I actually got COMPLIMENTED by an EAGLES FAN in NJ for being a COWBOYS fan. Just the mere act of BEING a Cowboys fan now is seen as gutsy. I appreciate the compliment, don't get me wrong, but my GOODNESS. How far have we fallen to where 2 of our most BITTER rivals are actually having to dig for compliments now. I got the feeling that if I were to walk into the Eagles stadium this year to watch the Cowboys and Eagles play, I might get more sympathy than crap from Eagles fans there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The defense is going to be hung out to dry just about every week..what happened yesterday isn't an anomaly...this has been consistent the last 8-9 games for this offense...Sunday night won't be any different

Ok but you said the defense isn't elite but i'd tap the breaks on that and take a wait and see approach.

The offensive pass game will suck. Even when it's effective it's still a horrible scheme.

fansince68

Reaction score
The Giants don't look tough at all really

Plus their oline sucks and Eli is old Eli now. Our pass rush is good too.

The problem is our pass game is horrendous so because of that it will be a close game.

We have the clear cut advantage in this game though but lack of coaching in the pass scheme just evens the odds.
How do we have a clear cut advantage? Our line sucks too. Their qb has proven that he can throw downfield and he has the receivers to get downfield..

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm waiting for this team to quit on JG.....just a matter of time.

75boyz

Reaction score

Yep,
as much as I despise everything about that organization, Snacks Harrison may get 3 sacks as an ***** One technique. He is better than Short who pretty much had his way the whole game. The key to this whole year will be A gap pressure and Dak...

Dak just does not throw an accurate ball. He doesnt. I'm sorry. Great young man. Just like Tebow. Great young man. Can't consistently complete NFL caliber passes to respective targets.

Our offense is practically unwatchable...

The dee is decent but not dominant. Not near enough. All the 3 and outs by this years offense will exhaust the dee and by mid season we will all be having Campo flashbacks. Sad but True.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How do we have a clear cut advantage? Our line sucks too. Their qb has proven that he can throw downfield and he has the receivers to get downfield..

Because our OL is still better then theirs.

The big advantage is our defensive line against their Offensive line. There is no bigger mismatch in this game.

The problem is our offensive pass game will be terrible and it even this thing out.

Giants are being overhyped and it will play out. Odell Beckham is overrated too btw. I know some of you have bought into his hype but he's an overrated player and im glad they paid him and still have no nuts and bolts on that team.

Also, i'm so glad they drafted Barkley and not a QB. Another win for everyone in the division.