Mood at The Star

Staubacher

Reaction score
Fanbase is here we are just beaten down and thus dormant. Jerrah seems to have no clue how much Jason Garrett has alienated this team from the fans.

The whole franchise is insular now, from the Jones/Garrett lovefest to the mostly lapdog local sports media.

reddyuta

Reaction score
My company is located in a office complex footsteps from The Star. So far today only one co-worker has brought up the game. There's been much more discussion about college football. To be frank, nobody but select diehards are emotionally invested in this team anymore. That's the sense I get around this city. The younger the person the worse it gets. This franchise is in danger of losing a generation to apathy. You can't live off the 70's, 80's, 90's fans forever. Anybody else getting the same sense at work today?

Forgot the Cowboys,the younger generation doesnt even watch football as much.

Blake

Reaction score
I think interest in the NFL in general is waning all around the country. I used to be in like 4 fantasy leagues and a few survivor pools. I’m down to one fantasy league as interest in NFL has really dried up with the people I know. Most of the people I know that have lost interest are non Cowboys fans.

Hell, it was a sparse crowd in Carolina from what I could gather. Stadiums don't sell out anymore.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Forgot the Cowboys,the younger generation doesnt even watch football as much.

What's sad is that a few years ago, I was planning on getting a fursuit that had a Cowboys logo stitched on it (which would probably cost me a little extra, and that's on top of how expensive a fursuit is), now, I've removed that from the equation of what I plan to have on it. And I'm one of the biggest football fans people around me know.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I was fully aware this season would be a cluster. I'm much more focused on the baseball season conclusion and EPL soccer.

Cowboys will excite me again when they get real and ditch Garrett and open up the QB search

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was fully aware this season would be a cluster. I'm much more focused on the baseball season conclusion and EPL soccer.

Cowboys will excite me again when they get real and ditch Garrett and open up the QB search

Yeah, I'm FAR more intrigued by my Bournemouth Cherries than I am the Cowboys at the moment.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My company is located in a office complex footsteps from The Star. So far today only one co-worker has brought up the game. There's been much more discussion about college football. To be frank, nobody but select diehards are emotionally invested in this team anymore. That's the sense I get around this city. The younger the person the worse it gets. This franchise is in danger of losing a generation to apathy. You can't live off the 70's, 80's, 90's fans forever. Anybody else getting the same sense at work today?
Today??? It's been going like this for years. Jerry is just too damn stupid to recognize it

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I can attest to this. 3 years ago, I had to open 3 or 4 leagues because I could easily fill leagues. Now, I had to autodraft for an old league that I'll probably just delete midseason. In my furry community, people were all for giving it a try (and that's when I first started to see a large lack of interest in football). Now, I get a lot of, "Who still watches that game?"

Yep...……….in fact, this is the first season in a very long time I am not playing any fantasy football

Main reason is none of my friends play anymore or even watch the games, so its kinda boring playing in a random league. So I just didn't bother this season.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
DBoy,

Feel for you man. Prayers up. Suffered full force of Rita, Ike, and Harvey since 2005. Out of power 3weeks after Rita, 8 days with Ike, and stuck at work 5 days in a hospital in Beaumont without water w/Harvey. My home only had 35" of rain though. Pro football was an afterthought.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep...……….in fact, this is the first season in a very long time I am not playing any fantasy football

Main reason is none of my friends play anymore or even watch the games, so its kinda boring playing in a random league. So I just didn't bother this season.

Yeah, pretty much same here, and I completely forgot about it until like after the first week of the preseason and realized there was no time to reassemble the league by week 4. Like I said earlier, I'm not even going to bother adding the Cowboys star stitch to the fursuit that I intend to get, and that was going to be a BIG feature (on the back of it) when I got around to ordering it. As a 25 (almost 26 year old), I'm quickly losing interest in American Commercial ball as well.

JBS

Reaction score
Ok but you said the defense isn't elite but i'd tap the breaks on that and take a wait and see approach.

The offensive pass game will suck. Even when it's effective it's still a horrible scheme.

So you think it's not only possible but it's likely that the defense wins the game almost single handedly on Sunday night?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you think it's not only possible but it's likely that the defense wins the game almost single handedly on Sunday night?

On Sunday? It wouldn't surprise me given the matchup.

Our pass rush vs their blockers is a huge mismatch.

We would blow them out if our offense was good but I just don't see us generating many points with our pass scheme.

JBS

Reaction score
On Sunday? It wouldn't surprise me given the matchup.

Our pass rush vs their blockers is a huge mismatch.

We would blow them out if our offense was good but I just don't see us generating many points with our pass scheme.

I agree w all of this...unfortunately, our offense stinks..I don't think our D is good enough to win this game alone..the giants stink..so we have a chance to win..but I expect a loss

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I am from NY but have several connections to the Cowboys in the Dallas area. I made a comment on these boards a while back about this very issue. Got hammered for it. The Ho**rs can be a vicious group. I think this franchise is in big trouble. Texas is a proud football state. Jerry can't get away with the circus act forever. I will also say this, at least Jerry can be charming. Junior is just an overt arrogant jerk.
:hammer:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but the Cows are a punchline more often than not in DFW. Makes me sad, because some of us can recall a time this club was THE calling card for the area. Our family would travel and conversations would at some point turn to our place of origin. The response most times, “From Dallas? Ooh the Cowboys.”

Nothing like that now. If the team comes up, it could just as well be a smirk and, mockingly, “Keep your chin up, buddy.” And that’s on a good day! I know better than to start up Cow conversations today. Not with these savages.

As to the growing state of Cowboy apathy here, see it so much with kids here. You are essentially serving as a historian when attempting to articulate how great, how proud, how cutting-edge this franchise once was. We’re relegated to this word of mouth conveyance, where it’s father-to-son or else the story dies.

Never could I have fathomed kids from Metroplex families donning Eagles or Pats gear, but I’m seeing it. I’m not referring to transplants from other NFL cities. These are the children who call this place home.
I just don't understand why any young person who can't remember our greatness would ever chose to be a fan of this team.