Moore in way over his head

75boyz

Reaction score
McCarthy is doing the right thing here. He is ensuring that he gets rid of Moore and Dak will be gone too by the end of the year - the offense has weapons, what you need is a QB who makes the reads faster and doesn't hold on to the ball.

Man,
I can only dream this is the long term plan. I fear it might be just the opposite and McCarthy get the axe and Jerry's new adopted kid get the promotion to HC.
I mean, it's happened before...

jsb357

Reaction score
The offense was fine. We were a bad OPI call away from winning this game.
ez.jpg

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Moore was flat out terrible. I was expecting some new wrinkles. In particular, I expected a lot of motion and bunch formations to confuse the LA defense and open up a WR. I saw very little of that.

When Dallas ran a 6 yard button hook in the middle of the field from their own 10 yard line with 2 minutes to go, I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or puke. Dak should have said "***?!? I'm not making that throw."

doomsday9084

Reaction score
If you have the right play designs - dont have much reading to do.

Simple rub routes are nothing complicated.

I agree and I'll take it a step further.

To a large degree, I think what Moore is asking Dak to do is more mentally challenging than what Goff was asked to do yesterday. With the Garrett/Moore offense, you have to make a pre-snap read to figure out the likely target, verify the read after the play starts and then hit the intended receiver who is breaking on a timing route.

With that short drop stuff Goff was running last night out of a bunch formation. He basically just had one read. If Dallas covers the out guy, throw it to the guy coming out of the bunch going a little deeper. Its just a quick snap, read a single defender, throw the ball.

Acheman08

Reaction score
They had one of the top offenses last year (not that it did any good) and Jerry is a dope. He wants to be a "told you so genius". If they dont turn it around I see MM relieving him of his duties, as he should.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We hired a head coach whose only asset is offensive design and play calling and then decided we didnt want him doing either of those things. You cant make this **** up. McCarthy showed why he's a terrible game manager and got fired from Green Bay.
It is kinda silly isnt it? lol

uvaballa

Reaction score
I did like the passes to the RBs but it doesn’t seem like they find a weak link and attack it. McVey clearly had a strategy and it was working. Seems like Dallas just runs plays but isn’t setting things up or going after weak defenders.

phildadon86

Reaction score
W
The real problem as we found out this week is that Dak wanted moore to stay as the coordinator because he didn't want the offense to change so jerry/stephen essentially must have told McCarthy that and that explains why McCarthy who is on record as saying you dont give up play calling......gave up play calling right from the jump.

Imagine Eli Manning telling tom coughlin not to change the offense when they made their change in 07? Imagine Brady doing that or any other qb telling the new coach whose whole career is coaching offense that you cant change it because I dont want to learn a new one.

its unbelievable and its why this organization is awful and full of crap.
Where did you hear this?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak's greatest strength is his ability to run and we have 100% abandoned the designed QB run from the game plan. His ability as a pocket passer is starting to get exposed as a result.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's greatest strength is his ability to run and we have 100% abandoned the designed QB run from the game plan. His ability as a pocket passer is starting to get exposed as a result.
I agree, they want to make him a pocket passer so bad that they're taking away his biggest strength - his legs.

They got him so twisted, he doesn't move out of the pocket when he should.

erod

Reaction score
No enough evidently or not very well it seems.
Where was the O of last year opening night...
The O last year was awful. Subtract the Commanders, Giants, and Dolphins games, which all drafted top 5.

erod

Reaction score
Moore was flat out terrible. I was expecting some new wrinkles. In particular, I expected a lot of motion and bunch formations to confuse the LA defense and open up a WR. I saw very little of that.

When Dallas ran a 6 yard button hook in the middle of the field from their own 10 yard line with 2 minutes to go, I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or puke. Dak should have said "***?!? I'm not making that throw."
Moore calls what Dak can do.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I agree and I'll take it a step further.

To a large degree, I think what Moore is asking Dak to do is more mentally challenging than what Goff was asked to do yesterday. With the Garrett/Moore offense, you have to make a pre-snap read to figure out the likely target, verify the read after the play starts and then hit the intended receiver who is breaking on a timing route.

With that short drop stuff Goff was running last night out of a bunch formation. He basically just had one read. If Dallas covers the out guy, throw it to the guy coming out of the bunch going a little deeper. Its just a quick snap, read a single defender, throw the ball.

So basically we're asking our players to work twice as hard for half the payoff? Genius.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Absolute no imagination on offense, no motion, no RPO - no nothing.

But so glad we got a O guru in MM that won't step on his toes.

It looked like the JG offense..he needs to break out into his own game

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The O last year was awful. Subtract the Commanders, Giants, and Dolphins games, which all drafted top 5.
Exactly my point so why the fawning over Moore.

The team was built to win now - they bring in a supposed offensive - QB guru, yet they had the offense to a very young and green Moore...

The fish rots from the head down