Moore in way over his head

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Absolute no imagination on offense, no motion, no RPO - no nothing.

But so glad we got a O guru in MM that won't step on his toes.
You do realize Kellen had 3 guys on the O-line...that really shouldn't be starting?...maybe not even on a roster?...Not to mention an inconsistent qb w/ accuracy issues....

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Just like they did in playoffs. That 2018 loss was one my lowest moments. They were Nebraska and the Cowboys were Appalachian state.
Going forward use Pollard and Zeke together. Can we please pass to the rob, screens, bubble screens to Wr’s like Lamb and Cooper. This offense should put up 30 a week.
Use Dak like Arizona uses Murray. Dak should have 5-6 designed runs a game. We don’t know how good of a player we have. He can make every throw, get him on the move.
Andy Reid and Baltimore always want a lead at halftime. How much better would Zeke be with a lead. Go full throttle in the first half, no huddle, hurry up. Score , score, score then let the D rush the passer.Play to their strength.
"Sorry..

You have reached a website where nobody here has a clue, either.

If you require additional help with this post..

please hit the back button.

Thank you for your patience."

Crickets..silence. The disconnect sound.

"Goodbye".

cowboygo

Reaction score
You do realize Kellen had 3 guys on the O-line...that really shouldn't be starting?...maybe not even on a roster?...Not to mention an inconsistent qb w/ accuracy issues....
There is valid blame everywhere, but he scripted the calls. Throw more on 1st down.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I've never understood the love for the guy. How he got the OC job in the Garrett era & why MM chose to keep him has never made sense to me.
Jerry wanted to keep him so MM acquiesced because he's putting his stamp on the team.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is what i dont understand

The first three games of last season you had motion, misdirection you took advantage of the other teams weakness

now its just ok whatever just slam it up the middle and run curl routes
:clap::clap::clap::hammer::hammer:

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am off his bandwagon,this offense was STALE,even Garrett would be ashamed of it.We got the players to be dynamic but what we saw was putrid.

erod

Reaction score
Not sure I agree. I didn’t see many called runs plays or RPOs. I didn’t even see them sprint out Dak or move the pocket much.

Dak doesn't like running the ball unless he absolutely has to. And running quarterbacks get hurt, especially lumbering runners like Dak. He's smart not to.

quickccc

Reaction score
The real problem as we found out this week is that Dak wanted moore to stay as the coordinator because he didn't want the offense to change so jerry/stephen essentially must have told McCarthy that and that explains why McCarthy who is on record as saying you dont give up play calling......gave up play calling right from the jump.

Imagine Eli Manning telling tom coughlin not to change the offense when they made their change in 07? Imagine Brady doing that or any other qb telling the new coach whose whole career is coaching offense that you cant change it because I dont want to learn a new one.

its unbelievable and its why this organization is awful and full of crap.

Dealing with no OTAs, no preseason, no true offseason, limited camp, and coming off a record passing year for Dak and the offense which statistically was No 1 total yards offense in entire NFL, that's an outstanding foundation to work with Moore from without totally overhauling the offense and putting Dak into a new learning curve to catch up on.

As an overseer and game manager, if he is a true HC, McCarthy will sit and work with Moore on adding, twinking some offense workings, not tear into him and take over like many disgruntled fans want him to .

:facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
We hired a head coach whose only asset is offensive design and play calling and then decided we didnt want him doing either of those things. You cant make this **** up. McCarthy showed why he's a terrible game manager and got fired from Green Bay.

Talk about typical overreaction Monday. :facepalm:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dealing with no OTAs, no preseason, no true offseason, limited camp, and coming off a record passing year for Dak and the offense which statistically was No 1 total yards offense in entire NFL, that's an outstanding foundation to work with Moore from without totally overhauling the offense and putting Dak into a new learning curve to catch up on.

As an overseer and game manager, if he is a true HC, McCarthy will sit and work with Moore on adding, twinking some offense workings, not tear into him and take over like many disgruntled fans want him to .

:facepalm:

great that should fix it then.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont care WHAT anyone says or claims...

Moore is Jerry's next puppet in waiting and that's why he is here.

MM can say the right thing all he wants. Its BS.

blueblood70

Reaction score

first off that wont last long if this cpntinues..MM has full power to take back play calling should he deem it necessary..

but it was all garett :lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
High powered offense only putting up 17 points.

Wasn’t that our average in our 8 losses last year?

rams only 3 more and we passed on and easy one.. so mcvay genius only 3 points better, got beat down 42-21 by us last year and could only beat us by 8 in the playoff game, thats some gap there :))

but yes ones genius and the other is here being trampled on..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are we still running on 1st downs? Where are the playaction passes? Was there even a SINGLE designed Dak rollout?

I was expecting a rollout play on that 4th and 3.
Then he could run or pass.

But no, we got what we got. At least a roll out buys time for a few players to get deeper and in the end zone, spread out the defenses some.
But no, we get a short quick not long enough pass.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Moore showed us some of that last year. From the description I've heard, we're using McCarthy's playbook and Moore's terminology.