Moore in way over his head

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I have a feeling if Moore were in KC, hed be called a genius.
No - did you see the KC game this week - thats a team that knows play design, they know how to get guys open and they know how to use all that speed they got.

Moore got fast tracked into his job just like Garrett did cause Jerry still has that need to "discover" the next great young coach and be considered a "football guy". He's still tryin to make up for letting Sean Payton get away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No - did you see the KC game this week - thats a team that knows play design, they know how to get guys open and they know how to use all that speed they got.

Moore got fast tracked into his job just like Garrett did cause Jerry still has that need to "discover" the next great young coach and be considered a "football guy". He's still tryin to make up for letting Sean Payton get away.
Payton didn't get away, he escaped.

dckid

Reaction score
Absolute no imagination on offense, no motion, no RPO - no nothing.

But so glad we got a O guru in MM that won't step on his toes.
Jerry Jones is big on creating his own guy.. Moore should have been gone and Mcarthy should be running the offense, plain and simple.
How many times did Kyler Murray take off that day? How many roll outs. I am so tired of these read option runs. Even my 8 year old said those running plays where Zeke runs into four guys on the line won’t work.
Show me a new run block style. Try following the Shanahan mwthodlogy.

dckid

Reaction score
:laugh: Meltdown mode for the fans. Offense mastermind McVay only put up 20 on an absolute trainwreck of a defense.
The difference is McVay doesn’t have the Cowboys talent. Dak is better than Goff, even me the biggest don’t pay pay Dak guy.. The Rams out schemes us on offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is big on creating his own guy.. Moore should have been gone and Mcarthy should be running the offense, plain and simple.
How many times did Kyler Murray take off that day? How many roll outs. I am so tired of these read option runs. Even my 8 year old said those running plays where Zeke runs into four guys on the line won’t work.
Show me a new run block style. Try following the Shanahan mwthodlogy.

I was never on board with hiring another walk around head coach.

It's early so hopefully what they envisioned works out for them but as of now it looks about like I had hoped it wouldn't and that is exactly the same.

What a disappointment yesterday was. It was the same ole Cowboys.

75boyz

Reaction score
Moore calls what Dak can do.

Yup. As did Linehan. Sooner or later it might come as a revelation to some, that it dont matter who the playcaller is when the one pulling the trigger has such a limited skill set.

It will be like an epiphany to some "one of these days", lol. Gonna take some more losses first.
A whole paradigm shift in the previous way of thinking for an entire section of devoted followers.
Gonna be fun to watch it all unfold.

Go Cowboys

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The difference is McVay doesn’t have the Cowboys talent. Dak is better than Goff, even me the biggest don’t pay pay Dak guy.. The Rams out schemes us on offense.

Yep.

I'm anti pay Dak but i'll take Dak over Goff any day.

McVay just handed it to our coaching staff. He was the difference maker yesterday.

dckid

Reaction score
Yep.

I'm anti pay Dak but i'll take Dak over Goff any day.

McVay just handed it to our coaching staff. He was the difference maker yesterday.
Just like they did in playoffs. That 2018 loss was one my lowest moments. They were Nebraska and the Cowboys were Appalachian state.
Going forward use Pollard and Zeke together. Can we please pass to the rob, screens, bubble screens to Wr’s like Lamb and Cooper. This offense should put up 30 a week.
Use Dak like Arizona uses Murray. Dak should have 5-6 designed runs a game. We don’t know how good of a player we have. He can make every throw, get him on the move.
Andy Reid and Baltimore always want a lead at halftime. How much better would Zeke be with a lead. Go full throttle in the first half, no huddle, hurry up. Score , score, score then let the D rush the passer.Play to their strength.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We hired a head coach whose only asset is offensive design and play calling and then decided we didnt want him doing either of those things. You cant make this **** up. McCarthy showed why he's a terrible game manager and got fired from Green Bay.
The moment McCarthy was hired..

I thought we had to have things fixed offensively.

Then when he announced he would keep Moore as OC..

I was off the McCarthy wagon.

And his excuse was that he needed time to learn the offensive terminology from Moore.

From Moore?

Moore was supposed to get our HC up to speed for McCarthy's offense?

What BS.

The only way I could possibly see improvement would be McCarthy calling his own plays using an offense he supposedly designed while McCarthy sat a year out retooling.

He was supposed to have figured out why he failed in GB.

Instead he embraces Moore's offense so it's easier on Dak.

And himself.

Not a great beginning there.

Also the stuff pulled in the Blue/White scrimmage 2 weeks ago...very odd.

I still want to know which rookies he protected with that move. Nobody has dare ask about that strategy.

Nobody wants to look like they have any questions that might be received as negative.

We shall see how it all plays out.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

bahahahhahahahah

2015 Chiefs were 26th in yards per game.... wasnt Andy "The offensive guru," Reid the head coach?
2018.. Mahomes 1st season starting, 1st in offensive YPG.

I guess Reid took some extra coaching classes during the Summer.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
bahahahhahahahah

2015 Chiefs were 26th in yards per game.... wasnt Andy "The offensive guru," Reid the head coach?
2018.. Mahomes 1st season starting, 1st in offensive YPG.

I guess Reid took some extra coaching classes during the Summer.
Thats lazy and simple.
Do we not have the enough talent on offense for us to look that simplistic.

75boyz

Reaction score
The moment McCarthy was hired..

I thought we had to have things fixed offensively.

Then when he announced he would keep Moore as OC..

I was off the McCarthy wagon.

And his excuse was that he needed time to learn the offensive terminology from Moore.

From Moore?

Moore was supposed to get our HC up to speed for McCarthy's offense?

What BS.

The only way I could possibly see improvement would be McCarthy calling his own plays using an offense he supposedly designed while McCarthy sat a year out retooling.

He was supposed to have figured out why he failed in GB.

Instead he embraces Moore's offense so it's easier on Dak.

And himself.

Not a great beginning there.

Also the stuff pulled in the Blue/White scrimmage 2 weeks ago...very odd.

I still want to know which rookies he protected with that move. Nobody has dare ask about that strategy.

Nobody wants to look like they have any questions that might be received as negative.

We shall see how it all plays out.

Outstanding post.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Thats lazy and simple.
Do we not have the enough talent on offense for us to look that simplistic.
put mahomes in Dallas.... what happens to our offense and the effectiveness of moore? moore wold be the next great young coach on his way to being a head coach. Yea, its that simple. How did Baltimore go from blah, to a serious SB contender?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

And Jimster get away.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just like they did in playoffs. That 2018 loss was one my lowest moments. They were Nebraska and the Cowboys were Appalachian state.
Going forward use Pollard and Zeke together. Can we please pass to the rob, screens, bubble screens to Wr’s like Lamb and Cooper. This offense should put up 30 a week.
Use Dak like Arizona uses Murray. Dak should have 5-6 designed runs a game. We don’t know how good of a player we have. He can make every throw, get him on the move.
Andy Reid and Baltimore always want a lead at halftime. How much better would Zeke be with a lead. Go full throttle in the first half, no huddle, hurry up. Score , score, score then let the D rush the passer.Play to their strength.

Michael Vick said the same about Dak, he needs to run more.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
put mahomes in Dallas.... what happens to our offense and the effectiveness of moore? moore wold be the next great young coach on his way to being a head coach. Yea, its that simple. How did Baltimore go from blah, to a serious SB contender?
LOL yeah OK - tell Jethro to call 1-800-dial a QB.