Moore might be the missing link

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a pessimist.

Scotman

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a pessimist.

From your lips through to hole in the roof to God's ears.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Maybe.

If Jason truly is on the hot seat, how likely is it he just gives the reigns to this guy?

Kellen+Moore+Boise+State+v+Georgia+1ZRWsDTJH9Bl.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope he changes some of the terminology and signals too, as not to be predictable for any DC that may know some of it. If they do know it as some claim they do.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett can't let him do anything when JJ made it clear KM is to report to him if Garrett does anything to interfere. Garrett has been neutered again.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can you please stop complaining

visionary

Reaction score

"The missing link"?

Between humans and monkeys? Possible
For our offense? No

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I’m more excited for this offensive scheme change than anything else this offseason. I just hope there is real change and they open up the offensive creativity.
There will be some wrinkles Game film has not seen to start. Then there will be some growing pains. Got to give the kid some time. The true test will come when the film has been discussed and he finds some new life. That's when you will know if he's legit.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s literally an interview of Jones Jones himself saying it lol. Why do you say things without being informed?

Link?
And I am informed, just not on everything, as I don't watched or read every single thing. Do you?
So I question if some does a drive by post like that, but offers no proof or link. Because we get 10 false statement to one true statements like that.

And as much as Jerry is hated on here, did someone post it, as that is the type of stuff some like to do.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because it’s the job of the offensive coordinator to be the offensive coordinator.

Not when the HC has coordinator powers on his resume.

KC has an offensive coordinator but it’s Reid’s offense and he calls the plays. Same in Philly. They have an OC but it is Pederson’s offense and he calls the plays.

I am hoping Moore has way more influence because I have seen Garrett’s O. But I am also not blind to the reality that Moore might be more OC in spirit than reality.

We’ll know a few games into the season one way or another.

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s literally an interview of Jones Jones himself saying it lol. Why do you say things without being informed?

Surely you don’t believe everything that comes out of Jerry’s mouth, right?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe.

If Jason truly is on the hot seat, how likely is it he just gives the reigns to this guy?

Kellen+Moore+Boise+State+v+Georgia+1ZRWsDTJH9Bl.jpg

Answer: Would you hand off one of your primary responsibilities in your job to someone who's 30 and never had that responsibility before?

That's a statement, not a question.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not when the HC has coordinator powers on his resume.

KC has an offensive coordinator but it’s Reid’s offense and he calls the plays. Same in Philly. They have an OC but it is Pederson’s offense and he calls the plays.

I am hoping Moore has way more influence because I have seen Garrett’s O. But I am also not blind to the reality that Moore might be more OC in spirit than reality.

We’ll know a few games into the season one way or another.

I think Nussmeier will have a lot of input.