Moore might be the missing link

JBS

Reaction score
You guys are in for major disappointment

"his job is on the line..he's going to let a rookie take the reins..."

In what world does this make any sense at all? That's the exact opposite of who Garrett is

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a pessimist.
Here's a shot to my new homie Kellen.
To quote the Great Vanilla Ice: May he be a Hero, not a Zero.

I might be a little off on that one...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a pessimist.

All the stars are aligned for Moore to look great.
1) Following Linehan.
2) Fredbeard back. Williams buffed up. New brick wall at LG.
3) Team speed at WR is getting crazy.
4) Now the TE JV squad have a year of experience. And Witt is back.

If he runs exactly the same offense we should better. He just has to be not horrible to be an upgrade over Linehan. The offense should be a lot better.

817Gill

Reaction score

817Gill

Reaction score
Link?
And I am informed, just not on everything, as I don't watched or read every single thing. Do you?
So I question if some does a drive by post like that, but offers no proof or link. Because we get 10 false statement to one true statements like that.

And as much as Jerry is hated on here, did someone post it, as that is the type of stuff some like to do.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ett-status-message-to-Kellen-Moore-128676192/

"I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roster

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Kellen Moore will definitely have fire power at his disposal.
" Don't make him go pop that trunk " ;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
to be honest, we just have to wait and see, about 6 games in we should have a idea of if kellen is good or will be different,and if he
actually made a new playbook.

The pressure will be on him since he knows garrett wanted play calling duties back.
So a good start will help him, and a bad start might have a bad effect.
I will wait and see if it is different or not.

Also it has to not only be different it has to be innovative and good. And the players have to learn how to execute the plays properly.
I remember when the cowboys tried to run pick plays like other teams, and they were horrible at it and got penalized most of the time.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Motion, shift, and misdirection or Kellen isn’t a Bronco anymore..

The players have to be smart and disciplined enough...

links18

Reaction score
Here I was getting all excited for the season and then someone reminded me Kellen Moore was our offensive coordinator.

BHendri5

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a

High school coaches didn’t know what was going to be run, that’s a flat out lie!!! Get out of here with that crap

aaev84

Reaction score

Missing link? You do mean ape to human right and hopefully not cowboys success/sb birth? I think hes more of a candidate for the former right now. Let a full season play out and see if there is success how is it handled/adjustments when defenses adapt. Call me a debbie downer but its just trying to be as much as a realist as possible.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Just wondering how did you get excited with changes no body has seen?

You trying to be dense?

You ever get excited for something that’s going to happen in your life? How can you be excited when it hasn’t happened yet? See how dumb you sound?

I’m excited for the possibility of change. Away from the stagnant Linehan crap. Not saying it will be different for sure, but at least there’s a chance. Since you missed the point, I had to explain.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
what will moore system look like? I think he will just run a variant of jason garrett offense. This might be Garretts last year too.

Truly believe Moore is just a fill-in til Jerry replaces Garrett after this year after which new head coach will pick his own staff (well hoping new coach will but of course we know who hires all the individual coaches :eek:)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Link?
And I am informed, just not on everything, as I don't watched or read every single thing. Do you?
So I question if some does a drive by post like that, but offers no proof or link. Because we get 10 false statement to one true statements like that.

And as much as Jerry is hated on here, did someone post it, as that is the type of stuff some like to do.
Ya Jazzy, there was a posted up blurt of a "tweet" from our Football DaD pretty much indicating the K.M. offensive ploy will not be vetoed by J.G.,,,or Football DaD will hear about it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The folks in and around the Dallas hierarchy certainly seem to believe in Moore's ability to be a positive force for the Cowboys' offense. As to whether he manages to be the "secret sauce" that moves the offense to new and better things, I'd have to assume that it remains to be seen. The addition of a fairly promising RB and a seemingly useful receiver and utility guy like Pollard feeds my imagination in a good way. Here's hoping Kellen finds the ability to use them effectively within a revamped scheme this year. I'd say that might be a delicious slice of Cowboys Heaven! ;)

Last edited:

Doomsay

Reaction score
This feels inclusive.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Kellen Moore will definitely have fire power at his disposal.
" Don't make him go pop that trunk " ;)
*Ha,Ha,Ha years ago I had a big white lead sled 4-door mercury & kept an old "nam" issue hard plate flak jacket over the top of a bobbed off double barrel,,, hauled it cruising around like that for a couple of years,,, problem was, I'd placed it over the side that exhaust system was plumbed,,, it had gotten so hot, it had burnt the bluing offa' one side of the barrels for about 6",,, good thing it didn't heat up enough to go 'boom' while sitting at a stop light,,, er,,, next to a cop:lmao:

o_O

Hadenough

Reaction score

Not everyone cant smile and sing kumbaya with out seeing it first!
Oh there will be some new wrinkles for sure! They need to add to the 4 running plays they have and need to learn to disguise the jet sweep better by not bringing in the exact same players when the run it. But as far as the passing game, I will believe it when I see it. You have to play to the strength of your players and keeping everything short is beneficial to Dak. They might try a few more deep balls but in crunch time we know where Dak is going because his instincts tells us he likes the short ball. When under pressure you default to what you do best and feel comfortable with. Just like when your defending you force your opponent to play into his weakness.
Unless Garrett plans on preparing for games differently by scheming for opponents instead of trying to just use talent to beat his opponent then everything will pretty much be similar.
I really hope things change but I need to see it first! Its like making amends. You can say your sorry but actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not everyone cant smile and sing kumbaya with out seeing it first!
Oh there will be some new wrinkles for sure! They need to add to the 4 running plays they have and need to learn to disguise the jet sweep better by not bringing in the exact same players when the run it. But as far as the passing game, I will believe it when I see it. You have to play to the strength of your players and keeping everything short is beneficial to Dak. They might try a few more deep balls but in crunch time we know where Dak is going because his instincts tells us he likes the short ball. When under pressure you default to what you do best and feel comfortable with. Just like when your defending you force your opponent to play into his weakness.
Unless Garrett plans on preparing for games differently by scheming for opponents instead of trying to just use talent to beat his opponent then everything will pretty much be similar.
I really hope things change but I need to see it first! Its like making amends. You can say your sorry but actions speak louder than words.
Yet you crap on the draft picks without seeing them first.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score