Moore might be the missing link

JBond

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 32 games in the last 3 seasons yet can’t get over the hump. The offense has been just good enough but the defense, minus the playoff game against the Rams, has been the best unit on the team. Linehan’s offense was old school and predictable. High school coaches were calling their plays just by looking at down and distance and how they lined up. Finally, we have a young, unknown by the league new offensive QB. I don’t think for a second it’s going to be Linehan’s offense with just some new wrinkles. His job is on the line. His reputation is on the line and Garrett is going to let him run this offense. I’m expecting a almost completely new offense. It can’t be any other way. You have to let a new offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator. I know the Debbie Downer habitual whiners won’t agree, but that’s to be expected. They’ll say it’ll be the same ole same ole with just a couple new wrinkles. That’s what they do. Live as a pessimist.
It is still Garrett's offense.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Or Moore is to Garrett, what Garrett ius to Jerry. And the scheme will be per the approval of the clapping redhead.

Or this could just be a knee-jerk by Jerry to get a hot young coach with new fangled ideas.

JBond

Reaction score
Garrett can't let him do anything when JJ made it clear KM is to report to him if Garrett does anything to interfere. Garrett has been neutered again.
Why keep such a useless head coach? Why would the owner/GM keep a pile of dog crap around as the HC?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I don’t think it’ll be an entirely new offense. But I don’t think it needs to be (personnel improvements, including Frederick's return, are going to be big on their own). Or even should be.

This should continue to be a run-first offense, reflecting our investments and our strengths. In the passing game, more presnap motion could probably be usefully incorporated to help Dak make his presnap reads. The offense has been accused of predictability, so I guess more plays run out of the same formations would be helpful.

But you don’t change your identity. And you can be sure that Moore will be doing all he can to ensure that Garrett is signed off on whatever changes he's making. They ride or die together.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath. If anything, whatever the bad juju was with Linehan being gone might be helpful.

I bet we see a couple of interesting plays and a bit more pre-snap motion and it's otherwise business-as-usual.
I disagree. Some of the running plays may be the same but even those will be with different formations an motion. The passing game formations and motions will be mostly different. It’s a new offensive coordinator and it will be a new offense.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Just wondering how did you get excited with changes no body has seen?

I’m more excited for this offensive scheme change than anything else this offseason. I just hope there is real change and they open up the offensive creativity.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
what will moore system look like? I think he will just run a variant of jason garrett offense. This might be Garretts last year too.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
heck i wouldn't be suprised if jason garrett called the plays this season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is exactly what i was thinking lol. its not like we got him after spending years in sean payton or andy reid system.

Many times the student has different ideas and opinions for the better than the teacher.
If they have a creative mind, they will take the best parts and expand and improve upon them. And discard the other stuff.