Twitter: Moore talk about fixing offense McCarthy involvement

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes it's good that coaches and players are reflecting on what went wrong and will try and get it fixed.. yet some of the immature ridiculous responses have to follow.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's time for Moore to take a step back and get schooled on the nuances of running an offense in the NFL. He could not scheme his group to overcome defenses that were able to match up with the Cowboys firepower. That was clear down the stretch when injuries and dumb personnel moves started to erode the Cowboys potency on offense.

I suggest they watch the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys and learn to respect the power of a dominant OL, strong running game and opportunistic passing attack.

kskboys

Reaction score
You Mean KMo is finally going to start getting the training he should've had prior to becoming an NFL OC? Awesome!! In 6 years when that training is complete, he'll then know how to run an NFL O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's time for Moore to take a step back and get schooled on the nuances of running an offense in the NFL. He could not scheme his group to overcome defenses that were able to match up with the Cowboys firepower. That was clear down the stretch when injuries and dumb personnel moves started to erode the Cowboys potency on offense.

I suggest they watch the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys and learn to respect the power of a dominant OL, strong running game and opportunistic passing attack.
My 3 favorite things for an O coordinator do:

1) Obviously, film study should be #1 for coaches and players.Know the tendencies of your opponents and how to counter.

2) Motion will tell you man or zone and dictate what to do_Of course D coordinators will disguise at times w/ almost an ameba D where it could be zone at 1 level and man at the next.That’s where film study comes in.

3) Misdirection works on us all the time.1 slight mis step is the difference of a 2 yd gain and a 20 yd gain.

Early in the season there was more motion and misdirection.Kellen seemed to stop using them as the season progressed.Why stop what works?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My 3 favorite things for an O coordinator do:

1) Obviously, film study should be #1 for coaches and players.Know the tendencies of your opponents and how to counter.

2) Motion will tell you man or zone and dictate what to do_Of course D coordinators will disguise at times w/ almost an ameba D where it could be zone at 1 level and man at the next.That’s where film study comes in.

3) Misdirection works on us all the time.1 slight mis step is the difference of a 2 yd gain and a 20 yd gain.

Early in the season there was more motion and misdirection.Kellen seemed to stop using them as the season progressed.Why stop what works?
I think teams eventually adjusted their defenses to confuse both Dak and Moore. They stopped showing coverages and crowded the LOS making it necessary for the OL and QB to be on the same page. Dak struggled to quickly process the defense from the snap in order to make throwing decisions and Moore continued to ignore the run and kept banging their heads against the wall with a spotty passing game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Fatal flaw for the 2022 season by the FO is not bringing in a running game coordinator to help KM. Everyone knows the Cowboys need the most help in the run game, yet they've done nothing to better the situation...it's just status quo. Insanity my friends.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Fatal flaw for the 2022 season by the FO is not bringing in a running game coordinator to help KM. Everyone knows the Cowboys need the most help in the run game, yet they've done nothing to better the situation...it's just status quo. Insanity my friends.
The loss of Bill Callahan still haunts the Cowboys. They never replaced him with anyone nearly as effective.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Had the #1 offense in the league only to call a quarterback draw with seconds left vs a 49ers team who was playing sideline defense instead of having his quarterback toss being there was no coverage in the endzone.

Thanks for making our Cowboys look pathetic at home in the playoffs Moore!

Kalyan

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, unless we win or go to a superbowl, Jerry made up his mind to bring in Sean Payton.

He lost his opportunity in 2019 and he is probably not losing another opportunity next year

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree, this is moore s weak spot, good idea to bring in a run game coach, to help him
understand many things about the run game.

But bottom line is kellen was not ready to be a OC, he needed to be position coach for years, especially
the run game area.
But jones boys hired him as a on the job training OC , and will probably in few years make him
another on the job training HC.

So get ready guys for another garrett type era, it is coming!! :thumbup: