Twitter: Moore talk about fixing offense McCarthy involvement

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STOP THE NAME CALLING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS.
GOOD GRIEF

quickccc

Reaction score
Buyer Beware: this is (Below) where you have to be very careful in not buying into what you're reading or hearing in " tabloits "

i saw this in one of the twitter links posted. ..

Folks gonna want to conjure up whatever they think would be interesting trash ploits

anyone who has followed Dak Prescott knows " work ethic " is the one thing never can be questioned about him..... :confused:

The Tone Setters@thetonesetters·Mar 4

Star WR Amari Cooper reportedly wants out from the #Cowboys, and has grown tired of QB Dak Prescott’s “poor work ethic and unorthodox play style”. Per sources close to him, Cooper may pursue a reunion with #Patriots QB and former college teammate, Mac Jo

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We will all be happy with the very high draft pick we finally get in 2023.

Scotman

Reaction score
You Mean KMo is finally going to start getting the training he should've had prior to becoming an NFL OC? Awesome!! In 6 years when that training is complete, he'll then know how to run an NFL O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if he does, you'll get to see him do that somewhere else.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they think penalties were all that went wrong, then we're in for a long year.

Hopefully they don't use that as an excuse to trot out the same plays
Do you think we lose that game without the 14 penalties? I know, there were many things go wrong, but 14 penalties??

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you think we lose that game without the 14 penalties? I know, there were many things go wrong, but 14 penalties??
i think we win with half of that say 7 and less critically timed variety. watched the game a few times about 6 penalties NOT called on the 9ers ODD huh ate the flag for them but called 14 on us lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
My 3 favorite things for an O coordinator do:

1) Obviously, film study should be #1 for coaches and players.Know the tendencies of your opponents and how to counter.

2) Motion will tell you man or zone and dictate what to do_Of course D coordinators will disguise at times w/ almost an ameba D where it could be zone at 1 level and man at the next.That’s where film study comes in.

3) Misdirection works on us all the time.1 slight mis step is the difference of a 2 yd gain and a 20 yd gain.

Early in the season there was more motion and misdirection.Kellen seemed to stop using them as the season progressed.Why stop what works?
#1 is the biggest problem I have with Moore.

His Jerry Jones concocted mentors philosophy was not at all about outscheming opponents or adjusting, it was about just line up and beat your man....

Which was nice for the 90s teams which were just better and deeper than everyone.....and before free agency and salary cap.

We haven't truly moved on from Garrett, and our leader has no problem with that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i think we win with half of that say 7 and less critically timed variety. watched the game a few times about 6 penalties NOT called on the 9ers ODD huh ate the flag for them but called 14 on us lol
I waffle on this one. Penalties were a problem all year so we cant sit here and be surprised or use it as an excuse for an early exit.

Thing is, I don't see how the staff was supposed to fix that in season, and I dont see how it gets fixed in the offseason either, other than different players....which can't happen entirely.

Several of the holding calls, including the long gain to CD early on in the SF game, Dak may have been out for life if they didn't do it.

Is it about 'stupid players?' Don't know.....but of so i find it alarming how extra stupid we seem to be on 3rd down conversions.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, unless we win or go to a superbowl, Jerry made up his mind to bring in Sean Payton.

He lost his opportunity in 2019 and he is probably not losing another opportunity next year
Is Payton that much different than McCarthy though? Both are offensive minded head coaches that call there own plays, both have had hall of fame QBs and have 1 Title to show for it. The minute McCarthy got here he was castrated because of the Moore situation. How do we know that won't happen with Payton?

Kalyan

Reaction score
Is Payton that much different than McCarthy though? Both are offensive minded head coaches that call there own plays, both have had hall of fame QBs and have 1 Title to show for it. The minute McCarthy got here he was castrated because of the Moore situation. How do we know that won't happen with Payton?
In my opinion, Payton is better than McCarthy as he can utilize marginal players and has proven to winning seasons whenhis star players missed due to injury or otherwise. His teams offensive and defensive lines play hard and are usually solid and he builds the team around the lines. I also believe after this many years, the fire in them not that bright, only exception Belicheck, so if you have a good GM, you always want to find the next Payton or Mcvay, instead of living in the past like Monte kiffin, and these coaches. But with our GM, I don't have that hope, so proven coaches and Payton is the best best. Not sure he can hide Dak's weakness in playoffs, but that is another topic

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak can see the holes in cover 2 and Moore cannot design cover 2 combo routes.

Lol.....5 years in the league this isn't the first year Dak or Moore faced cove 2 defense, he beat teams this year that played cover 2. The narrative that he can't throw against cover two is dumb and lazy...lol

tunahelper

Reaction score
Lol.....5 years in the league this isn't the first year Dak or Moore faced cove 2 defense, he beat teams this year that played cover 2. The narrative that he can't throw against cover two is dumb and lazy...lol

Argue with Kurt Warner. He says differently.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Making a big deal out of this being the #1 offense is misleading. Know where the #1 offense used to be at playoff time? Home.

The test of any team is against the best competition and in the playoffs. What good is the #1 O when it can only score 17 points at home in its only playoff game?

The Cowboys have had the homefield throughout twice in the last 25 seasons and been one and done both times.

Is it probable that management makes the same mistake they did with Garrett not realizing the problem?

This HC actually said he did not help Moore out in the Niners game. Did you ask yourself why he would go public with that and now he's going to get all up inside the offense?

He's going to address the penalty embarrassment after 14 in the playoff game but led the league in penalties?

The problem is not the HC and it's not the OC.
Jerry made MM not touch the offense?

Dre11

Reaction score
Argue with Kurt Warner. He says differently.

Kurt Warner didn't say he couldn't complete passes vs cover 2...lol
It's fact that he has completed passes vs Cover 2 in his 5 seasons.