Twitter: Moore talk about fixing offense McCarthy involvement

links18

Reaction score
You Mean KMo is finally going to start getting the training he should've had prior to becoming an NFL OC? Awesome!! In 6 years when that training is complete, he'll then know how to run an NFL O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moore is Garrett 2.0: No business holding the position he does; will eventually get more and more duties stripped, but will stay in the job, because the Jones Boyz "think the world of him," and they don't admit mistakes easily.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Moore is Garrett 2.0: No business holding the position he does; will eventually get more and more duties stripped, but will stay in the job, because the Jones Boyz "think the world of him," and they don't admit mistakes easily.
So many issues w/ this team which all stem from dumb & dumber.They created it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making a big deal out of this being the #1 offense is misleading. Know where the #1 offense used to be at playoff time? Home.

The test of any team is against the best competition and in the playoffs. What good is the #1 O when it can only score 17 points at home in its only playoff game?

The Cowboys have had the homefield throughout twice in the last 25 seasons and been one and done both times.

Is it probable that management makes the same mistake they did with Garrett not realizing the problem?

This HC actually said he did not help Moore out in the Niners game. Did you ask yourself why he would go public with that and now he's going to get all up inside the offense?

He's going to address the penalty embarrassment after 14 in the playoff game but led the league in penalties?

The problem is not the HC and it's not the OC.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Making a big deal out of this being the #1 offense is misleading. Know where the #1 offense used to be at playoff time? Home.

The test of any team is against the best competition and in the playoffs. What good is the #1 O when it can only score 17 points at home in its only playoff game?

The Cowboys have had the homefield throughout twice in the last 25 seasons and been one and done both times.

Is it probable that management makes the same mistake they did with Garrett not realizing the problem?

This HC actually said he did not help Moore out in the Niners game. Did you ask yourself why he would go public with that and now he's going to get all up inside the offense?

He's going to address the penalty embarrassment after 14 in the playoff game but led the league in penalties?

Everything seems to trickle down from dumb & dumber.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Had the #1 offense in the league only to call a quarterback draw with seconds left vs a 49ers team who was playing sideline defense instead of having his quarterback toss being there was no coverage in the endzone.

Thanks for making our Cowboys look pathetic at home in the playoffs Moore!
but mike said it was the right call !!!!!:thumbup:
So maybe it was mikes idea? :thumbdown:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

well CC sure jones boys are the
center of cowboys problems, but they are not fire-able .... is that a word? lol it is now.
but
The problem is not the HC and it's not the OC...... I have to disagree here as they both are pathetic.
The arrangement of mike cant interfere with kellen is the jones boys setup, so mike probably
didnt want to help kellen so he could get control over kellen.
He had to let him fail so he could then be allowed to get into the offense, as he should have been allowed from the begining.

Now mike may or may not make the offense better, but as HC , he has shown me he isnt HC material.
with all the time mgmt issues, and going for it in crazy situations just many in game gaffs.

Dre11

Reaction score
I find it funny that McCarthy is just now, after 2 years and Peyton breathing down his neck, is finally deciding to actually do something and get involved.

What a joke of a coach.

Obviously you can't read. He's been involved. But he's also the head coach of the highest profile team in the league that takes much more attention away from just coaching and more administrative work.

Dre11

Reaction score
Had the #1 offense in the league only to call a quarterback draw with seconds left vs a 49ers team who was playing sideline defense instead of having his quarterback toss being there was no coverage in the endzone.

Thanks for making our Cowboys look pathetic at home in the playoffs Moore!

Obviously you don't know offensive football, to throw it in the endzone it would've been a hailmary, the idea was to get close enough to run a regular play.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well CC sure jones boys are the
center of cowboys problems, but they are not fire-able .... is that a word? lol it is now.
but
The problem is not the HC and it's not the OC...... I have to disagree here as they both are pathetic.
The arrangement of mike cant interfere with kellen is the jones boys setup, so mike probably
didnt want to help kellen so he could get control over kellen.
He had to let him fail so he could then be allowed to get into the offense, as he should have been allowed from the begining.

Now mike may or may not make the offense better, but as HC , he has shown me he isnt HC material.
with all the time mgmt issues, and going for it in crazy situations just many in game gaffs.
DD, the fault is in the design. It is a dysfunctional chain of command and the HC and OC do not matter as long as that dysfunction exists.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just a reminder, Dallas went 6-0 versus the NFCE and 6-6 versus the rest of the NFL. I think people really need to keep that in mind as raw stats make the team look better than they actually were because they ran up the scores so much against a few bad teams.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just a reminder, Dallas went 6-0 versus the NFCE and 6-6 versus the rest of the NFL. I think people really need to keep that in mind as raw stats make the team look better than they actually were because they ran up the scores so much against a few bad teams.

Lol we're always trying to dissect this team's record/records as if this is uncommon for most teams that have good records...lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Obviously you can't read. He's been involved. But he's also the head coach of the highest profile team in the league that takes much more attention away from just coaching and more administrative work.
Whatever helps you cope with the fact that we've had a head coach for the past 2 years that is just now deciding to chip in more than in the past since Jerrys new toy is about to become available.

If that don't rub you the wrong way as a Cowboys fan then I dunno what to tell ya.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if kellen could FIX THE OFFENSE, why didnt he do it last season?
if mike can fix the penaltys, why didnt he do it last season?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If they think penalties were all that went wrong, then we're in for a long year.

Hopefully they don't use that as an excuse to trot out the same plays

I do look forward to no untimely holding penalties by Connor Williams. I don't really blame Williams for his struggles, though. He is what he is. It's on the coaches for not knowing that and doing something about it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My 3 favorite things for an O coordinator do:

1) Obviously, film study should be #1 for coaches and players.Know the tendencies of your opponents and how to counter.

2) Motion will tell you man or zone and dictate what to do_Of course D coordinators will disguise at times w/ almost an ameba D where it could be zone at 1 level and man at the next.That’s where film study comes in.

3) Misdirection works on us all the time.1 slight mis step is the difference of a 2 yd gain and a 20 yd gain.

Early in the season there was more motion and misdirection.Kellen seemed to stop using them as the season progressed.Why stop what works?

Because of all the turnovers and penalties would be my guess. To me his problem is not the scheme it is his ability to teach those innovative concepts so they work on the field.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Try focusing on the 2nd half of the season.
Because the offense was crap if we played a decent defense at all