Moore's offense is about to shine

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sure.. but lest we forget.. Dalton already handed the other team 7 points in a quarter and a half of play. Let's hope that doesn't continue.
Agreed. Ultimately wins and losses matter. Dak 1-3 at end of games this year, hopefully Dalton will lead more game winning drives like last week.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Remember last off season we heard great things about how Moore's offense was producing "wide open" receivers?

His "true" offense was made just to do that. It creates coverage challenges. Now, it may not be for every QB though. We now have the QB for such an offense.

I think between Red Rifle and Moore's offense, you will see a resurrection of Red's career. Enough to net him a $20 million dollar contract in 2021.

This is a great opportunity for Dalton. He did get benched last year but gawd, that team stank to high heaven and they probably benched him because they didn't want him injured and end up having to pay his 2020 contract.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak has almost killed CeeDee a few times already this season so your statement that Dak throws behind on purpose doesn't hold true. Dak misses more easy throws in a game then I've ever seen. It's the difficult throws he is good at, but when a tight end or RB is in the flat all by himself it's sometimes comical how bad he is. You can't convince me that it doesn't happen when he is going across the middle to wideouts as well. On the #1 offense thing...do you know who had the 3rd best offense last year? I'll give you a hint. There QB had the most passing yards and 2nd most TDS in the entire league last season. He is now a back up in New Orleans. #1 offense means nothing when you have to air it out all game long because you are behind all the time. Dak is a good QB but he isn't a elite QB. That's why I don't think the QB drop off is gonna be as big as people think. Don't get me wrong, I think Dak is a better all around QB then Dalton. I just believe there are things that Dalton will be better at then Dak, and most of those things will have to do with his ability to throw.

I am still waiting for a plausible explanation for how a guy who is apparently terrible at throwing the ball completes 68% of his passes. The thinly veiled Jameis reference is pointless since that guy committed damn near 40 turnovers last year. Dak has never come anywhere close to turning the ball over at that rate so go find another comp. But if we accept that he misses a bunch of easy throws we can expect the "more accurate" Andy Dalton to complete close to 80% right?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak is just a competitor. I don't think he is the best at going through all his reads or reading a defense. When you watched Romo towards the end of his career it was crazy how well he could read a defense. He knew so much about what was about to happen that the clock would get down to 0 too often just because he was almost trying to get the offense the perfect looks. Dak changes plays here and there but for the most part he just runs the given plays called and makes plays because he is a gamer. I'm curious if Dalton will make more adjustments at the line and such. The one thing I really believe will happen is that Dalton will hit his receivers out in front more often then Dak, giving them the ability to make bigger plays with there legs. (kind of like that pass to Cooper towards the end of the game) I've never cared much for Dak's accuracy on easier throws. He seems to always make the wide outs go back for the catch.

i agree Dak tended to throw AT his WRs , Dalton leads his wrs..throw's a better screen and dump, wheel routes..not sure why dak had such issues with the easiest throws.. read and release might be quicker as well..

i dont think Daltons better then Dak as an overall player but there are some things AD can do better..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agreed. Ultimately wins and losses matter. Dak 1-3 at end of games this year, hopefully Dalton will lead more game winning drives like last week.

Dak left the Giants game ahead and with his offense resting on the 18 yard line. The only reason Dalton had to lead a game winning drive is because he gave that lead up. By the way in the record books that game goes down as a win for Dak. And frankly it should. He was ballin. Hopefully Dalton can keep it rollin .. I hate watching my team lose.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The next 3 games will tell us a lot of things lol.
but just want to say keep in mind this has all be thrown on Dalton, out of the blue, he hasnt been getting reps or much attention
in practice.
It may take a game or 2 to get back in a groove.
He has to get familiar with elliot, the OL, the wr's I dont know if he has worked much with any of the starters.
He might be more familiar with guys like pollard, Cedric wilson, and noah brown.

So dont expect a lot this first game, all that matters is that he does good enough to win the game.

cern

Reaction score
When you watch the all-22 on a lot of those throws if they had been out front they would have led the receiver into a decapitation by an oncoming defender. There is also a lot to be said for taking a little off a throw to make sure it gets there rather than trying to gun every throw to show off your arm like a lot of guys do. I can't tell you if the throws are exactly where Dak wanted them to go or not but I can tell you that 68% of the time they are completed. This business about going through reads is hilarious given that 3 different guys already have at lest 24 receptions and a fourth (Schultz) has 19. 6 different receivers have caught TDs and have double digit receptions. The fact that he was leading the #1 offense in the league for the second year in a row indicates that either Moore is the best playcaller in the game or Dak is the best audibler in the game. Somebody is getting the offense into some really favorable matchups. Why is it so hard to accept that maybe it's both guys doing a good job?
Great post. Particularly about sometimes deliberately throwing slightly behind a receiver to keep him from getting his bell rang. Better an incompletion than an incompletion with the wr on concussion protocol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak left the Giants game ahead and with his offense resting on the 18 yard line. The only reason Dalton had to lead a game winning drive is because he gave that lead up. By the way in the record books that game goes down as a win for Dak. And frankly it should. He was ballin. Hopefully Dalton can keep it rollin .. I hate watching my team lose.
I dont care about record books lol to me Dalton won the game and both qb's should get credit for the win.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great post. Particularly about sometimes deliberately throwing slightly behind a receiver to keep him from getting his bell rang. Better an incompletion than an incompletion with the wr on concussion protocol.

Yeah I really don't get how people who struggle with this. The guy completes a much higher percentage of his passes than the guys they claim are more accurate. Maybe he just puts the ball where it can be caught rather than trying to look pretty. Not saying Dak doesn't miss throws.. They all do but his numbers say he misses fewer than most.

Reaction score
Remember last off season we heard great things about how Moore's offense was producing "wide open" receivers?

His "true" offense was made just to do that. It creates coverage challenges. Now, it may not be for every QB though. We now have the QB for such an offense.

I think between Red Rifle and Moore's offense, you will see a resurrection of Red's career. Enough to net him a $20 million dollar contract in 2021.
I guess it wasn't shining when it was #1 in the league when Dak was the QB

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Am I missing something?? Have you not watched one game this year?? The wide open receivers you speak of is most likely the result of this abysmal defense!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hopefully the team will not be in position to need a comeback win. Hope they have a lead and can keep it.
But that means the defense will have to step up.
What are the chances of that being the case. :laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He throws such a lazy football get ready for interception city

GMO415

Reaction score
Red's cerebral enough to read the opposing defense and see where the mismatch will be prior to the snap. If the receivers run their routes correct, bam you'll see Red strike with ease.

Here is the caveat......LA expected a traditional Moore's offense and subsequently cluttered the middle of the field. Moore has since moved on from his traditional offense. I think with Red, he can bring it back with success.

Reaction score
Red's cerebral enough to read the opposing defense and see where the mismatch will be prior to the snap. If the receivers run their routes correct, bam you'll see Red strike with ease.

Here is the caveat......LA expected a traditional Moore's offense and subsequently cluttered the middle of the field. Moore has since moved on from his traditional offense. I think with Red, he can bring it back with success.
34 points a game and 68% completion percentage.

That's the standard. We will see if Dalton can meet or exceed that standard. He has never been close to those numbers at any point in his NFL career, despite his prodigeous brain cells