More backpedaling on "All In"

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The "all-in" comment combined with the (expected) backpedaling, was the nail in the coffin for me.

I keep checking back here out of habit, and as I've mentioned before, I like you guys.

But I've just checked out on this team emotionally. Usually my interest is back by now, and maybe it will come back eventually-- history indicates that it will.

But I really dislike this franchise right now because of the two idiots at the top.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've said this here probably 15 times already.

Jerry never said "all-in" in the way we thought he meant it. He said "all-in" in regards to eventually getting long term deals done with Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb.

It was very hard to decipher since Jerry can make one point last twenty sentences. But the "all-in" comment was a snippet from a conversation about Parsons and Lamb. Somehow somebody on social media read the "all-in" part and it took on a life of it's own.

Big_D

Reaction score
The "all-in" comment combined with the (expected) backpedaling, was the nail in the coffin for me.

I keep checking back here out of habit, and as I've mentioned before, I like you guys.

But I've just checked out on this team emotionally. Usually my interest is back by now, and maybe it will come back eventually-- history indicates that it will.

But I really dislike this franchise right now because of the two idiots at the top.

Same here.. I've been casual with no hope at ever winning anything ever since the Garrett hire, but this offseason really sealed it as far as the toxic twins running the show. They're just pure trash! There's no reason at all to get excited about football season with them. Just going through the motions!

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
There should be some commercial "when you go all in for less, it's the best"

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I really wish the media would ask the tough and bold questions. But they won’t.
The petty owners have taken away "Star provileges" for some of the media who was overly critical of them.

There was also a story a few years back where they went to the owner of The Dallas Morning News and threatened to remove their credentials for future games.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Jerry never said "all-in" in the way we thought he meant it. He said "all-in" in regards to eventually getting long term deals done with Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb.

It was very hard to decipher since Jerry can make one point last twenty sentences. But the "all-in" comment was a snippet from a conversation about Parsons and Lamb. Somehow somebody on social media read the "all-in" part and it took on a life of it's own.
Please stop with this. Jerry knew damn well how his "all-in" comment would be taken because Cowboys fans were at an all time low after the Green Bay game.

Stop making excuses for blatant dishonesty.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The petty owners have taken away "Star provileges" for some of the media who was overly critical of them.

There was also a story a few years back where they went to the owner of The Dallas Morning News and threatened to remove their credentials for future games.
This is where the NFL has to step in and slap Jones down for blackballing difficult media people.

Big_D

Reaction score
Please stop with this. Jerry knew damn well how his "all-in" comment would be taken because Cowboys fans were at an all time low after the Green Bay game.

It doesn't even matter what he meant. It's pretty comical watching everyone try to define his version of "all in" or how his comment was taken out of context. I don't care, but after the complete beatdown in the playoffs I thought the team would actually care enough to at least do ... something!! Obviously not! He didn't have to say a word!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Oh weird. Didn't realize that

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Not making excuses for Jerry at all. It's just that the "all-in" part of what he said was likely misconstrued because we all know Jerry is so long winded he's easy to mis-quote.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All-In never meant what you and most fans/media thought it meant.

It was just Jerry talking.

The old saying with regards to marketing: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Another relevant saying: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Does anybody actually listen to the interviews?
- They've been doing exactly what Stephen Jones says they're going to do for the past several years.
- Jerry is just the hype man.

Jerry is the guy in this band that just dances...

fivetwos

Reaction score

I have zero doubt that Jerry does things like that. None.

The question is if the kid will do the same.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Y'all are the suckers, spending so much energy on this team anymore.
Doesn't even need to be about buying products anymore.
It's about attention.
Apparently only I am paying less in all departments.
You keep that torch alive though!
In 2020 and 2021 I hardly watched any games. I had other things going on in my life. I came back here in 2022 and nothing's changed. It never changes in Dallas. You can miss whole seasons and it will stay the same.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

that is why they are all afraid to ask the hard questions.
Heck they may get a sheet with a bunch of pre approved questions , and they have to choose from those !

So they use propaganda, control the media and put out disinformation,create stars for people to idolize, sounds like 1936 germany??