More McCarthy Mismanagement?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That’s not true at all. We had turnovers, untimely penalties, player mistakes, and bad officiating contributing to how close this game was. McCarthy isn’t a stone tied to our feet keeping us from swimming.

The negative overreactions on this board are comical.

Not as comical as your blind loyalty to MM.

Dak loves Kellen, Cowboys would do well to keep their MVP and leader happy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I heard McCarthy screwed up a couple of New England's play calls. It's the one's that didn't work.

Beaker42

Reaction score
McC has always had this tendency but just like in GB, he had a prolific offense and a QB to minimize the effect of that.

Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in closed door meetings with the Joneses and McClay considering they might have two of the hotter HC candidates on staff?
Moore and who else?

Beaker42

Reaction score
he took his team into new england and got a win during a game where it seemed everything that could go wrong...did.
yet they navigated thru that.
that doesn't just happen on its own.
thats preperation.
thats coaching.
and its why his team is 5-1.
LMAO - he is not helping with his inane in-game indiscretions. He’s a buffoon.

Mannix

Reaction score
Big Mike should work with a time-management guru during the bye.

It shouldn’t be hard to improve in this important area.
He has been a HC at the highest level for how long? And he needs a clock management guru? WoW....99% of the arm chair QB's yelling at the TV knew what was going on, and he gets a pass??? Again, WoW!

Rayman70

Reaction score
why cant we fans just be happy? Have we forgotten what taking a win feels like? RELAX folks. MM is fine.

Mannix

Reaction score
Who gives a crap what media talking heads have to say lol?

It’s nothing but entertainment and often times their instant takes are just as stupid and irrational as anonymous message board posters.
I knew that was coming....just a matter of time....was simply pointing out, that I am not alone on this.

My3Sons

Reaction score
why cant we fans just be happy? Have we forgotten what taking a win feels like? RELAX folks. MM is fine.
This is a common theme. People stand up for the component of a team that performs poorly because the team wins. The problem is the team didnt win the the Super Bowl. We just went into OT to beat a 2-4 team. His buffoon clock management and strange 4th down calls will end us when it counts against a playoff team.

MM was at least a minus 7 on the sideline yesterday. That will lose you a playoff game. The Cowboys are an easy 14 point better team than NE

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM was wanted by several teams. We had 2 act. Right now Jville, the Gents and Philly come to mind. The man is a good hc. Has skins on the wall and rings. I'll side with Fat Mike for now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is a common theme. People stand up for the component of a team that performs poorly because the team wins. The problem is the team didnt win the the Super Bowl. We just went into OT to beat a 2-4 team. His buffoon clock management and strange 4th down calls will end us when it counts against a playoff team.

MM was at least a minus 7 on the sideline yesterday. That will lose you a playoff game. The Cowboys are an easy 14 point better team than NE
fair enuff but fact is, we will cross that bridge when we get 2 it. Til then, have some faith and positivity. The ending of this story hasnt been written. Stay tuned and enjoy.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I give him a tiny bit of slack on that one, because the officials did a terrible job of explaining the down situation there, and everyone, including Tony Romo and the Fox graphics folks, thought it was 3rd down, not 4th. It wasn't until today that I finally understood what happened there. So if the officials screwed up the explanation to the team as well, that could explain it.

But the time out at the end of the first half made no sense whatsoever.

It was only confusing for the TV viewer because CBS had the wrong down-and-distance. The yard-marker on the field had it correctly displayed as 3rd down.

If Mike got confused and thought it was 2nd down, that's a brain fart you can't have by your head coach.

Reactions: BAT

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Literally any of the coordinators calling plays.

It's strange then that the referee is always standing right next to McCarthy or (insert head coach here) in these late game situations. Someone should let them know that Kellen Moore is actually the one pulling the trigger.

What is the job of a head coach who doesn't call plays in the final minute of a game if not to manage the clock/timeouts?

Reactions: BAT

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's strange then that the referee is always standing right next to McCarthy or (insert head coach here) in these late game situations. Someone should let them know that Kellen Moore is actually the one pulling the trigger.

What is the job of a head coach who doesn't call plays in the final minute of a game if not to manage the clock/timeouts?
Yeah because any coordinator etc can't communicate with the HC at any point during a game, they just have the headset on for ONE player. Hell, I've seen them run up and talk face to face. It happens.