More Mini-Camp Photos......DMN

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
3.jpg

Vinny Testaverde (left, with ball) and Quincy Carter (right, with ball) go through quarterback drills

1.jpg

Quarterbacks - newly acquired Vinny Testaverde (left) and Quincy Carter - take the field at Valley Ranch.

2.jpg

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells barks instructions to a lineman.

4.jpg

Offensive guard Larry Allen gets his leg taped.

5.jpg

Cornerback Pete Hunter (left) covers wide receiver Zuriel Smith.

6.jpg

Minicamp visitor and Texas Tech basketball coach Bobby Knight (left) chats with quarterback Drew Henson.

7.jpg

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant catches a pass.

Folks look at Antonio's Guns....... :eek:

8.jpg

Minicamp visitors Pat Summerall (left) and Bobby Knight watch the action.

9.jpg

Vinny Testaverde (with helmet) leaves the field after the first day of minicamp.

That is the 1st pic I have seen of Roy Williams. Either he had a bad practice or he is really focused

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qcard said:
8.jpg

Minicamp visitors Pat Summerall (left) and Bobby Knight watch the action.
Oh my gosh it's the Crypt Keeper on the left.

Ken

Reaction score
Man,
They weren't joking about Antonio putting some muscle on, huh?

Wow.

Now if he can only catch the ball......

jamez25

Reaction score
That is the 1st pic I have seen of Roy Williams. Either he had a bad practice or he is really focused
he misses his fiance (said like holly hunter in "raising arizona")

BlueStar22

Reaction score
jamez25 said:
he misses his fiance (said like holly hunter in "raising arizona")
I think it's the mix of being toast and being tired.

Smith22

Reaction score
Ken said:
Man,

Wow.

Agreed. He added some muscle for sure. I hope AB can rebound from last season. The guy has some serious talent.

Rayman

Reaction score
Ken said:
Man,

Wow.

Larry Allen looks the best I've seen him in years.

The huge gut is all but gone.

Reaction score
Rayman said:
Larry Allen looks the best I've seen him in years.

The huge gut is all but gone.
I agree......he hasn't looked this good in a long time (I am talking about his body)! :D

Reaction score
When you look at all the offensive lineman of today.......300 to 370 and all with big belly''s (at least most of them) and then you think back to the 60's, 70's and part of the 80's when all the OL people looked liked sleek Jaguars weighing in at 260 to about 280! I still remember Les Bingham of the Detroit Lions who was probably the first true nose guard, who was probably one of the first linemen to top 300 lbs........damn am I that old? :(

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Just a drill, and there isn't even a runner to hand off too, much less a line, a defense and play called, but looking at Vinnie handoff compared to Quincy's...the length of the stride in particular, I think it's easy to conclude who is going to be getting the ball in the hand of trhe runner faster. Altho wider spread legs should signify greater imbalance.. Vin's lower to the ground body language gives a feeling the handoff is less likely to me buffled, dropped, or interrupted. Can't tell or know anything about comparative grips, but I bet even that matters. There's just a speed and security assurity aspect to Vin's stance that Q has yet to finalize.

Any former QBs have some insiight?

Vinnie has 17 years of smoothly perfected mechanics for the young qbs to work off. In particular his play action sequence is superb. He will be the ultimate model.

Anyone who was so stupid as to think bringing Vinnie in was a wasted roster spot, should be condemned to flashing the crow in the avatar for evermore.

In Bill We Trust. :)

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Just a drill, and there isn't even a runner to hand off too, much less a line, a defense and play called, but looking at Vinnie handoff compared to Quincy's...the length of the stride in particular, I think it's easy to conclude who is going to be getting the ball in the hand of trhe runner faster. Altho wider spread legs should signify greater imbalance.. Vin's lower to the ground body language gives a feeling the handoff is less likely to me buffled, dropped, or interrupted. Can't tell or know anything about comparative grips, but I bet even that matters. There's just a speed and security assurity aspect to Vin's stance that Q has yet to finalize.

Vinnie has 17 years of smoothly perfected mechanics for the young qbs to work off. In particular his play action sequence is superb. He will be the ultimate model.

Anyone who was so stupid as to think bringing Vinnie in was a wasted roster spot, should be condemned to flashing the crow in the avatar for evermore.

Great stuff Tuna.

Right or wrong Tuna, Carter has to pay close attention to Vinny's mechanics and nuances of the game. It will only improve his game if he's able to pick up on some the subtle differences.

5.jpg

Look at #84. Could easily think it was a photo of Joey Galloway. Zuriel has bulked up. Last year he was srawny. He's got a football players build this year. Could it be the next Santana Moss :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Qcard said:
Great stuff Tuna.

Thanks QCard...not that I know enough about handoff drills to even be specualting, and that photo caught Q in the "flatfooted" stage of his handoff. Anything flat footed immediatley catchs my eye, I guess I expect 24/7 ballerinas. :D

I guess they were practicing far back handoffs, since they were handing off with one hand, not two like in a shallow handoff. And I THINK the most "stretched" step is in a deep angle handoff?

Look at #84. Could easily think it was a photo of Joey Galloway. Zuriel has bulked up. Last year he was srawny. He's got a football players build this year. Could it be the next Santana Moss :D

Quincy, AB, Cason, Zuriel, all these offensive players adding off season muscle. Hail Tuna, these guys are going to be pushing defenders around.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Ken said:
Man,

Wow.

LOL, almost thought David Boston showed up for practice.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It was said that part of the reason why Antonio didn't start last season was because he couldn't get off of a jam quickly, or create much seperation. I doubt that will be the problem this year with his added bulk.

I hope he catches passes more consistently this season. The guy would always make the tough impossible/clutch catches but would drop a simple 5 yard slant route in his hands.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:

Wouldn't that be a great surprise. Amazing how much production Moss got last year. We need a young WR to develop for us. Might as well be Smith.

Lord Sun

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

On the other hand, Vinny's leg might be too far out; it might cause trouble for the runner.

One of them has to be doing it right, though!

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Nostra your right Carter looks like he added more muscle as well , it seems alot of these guys have been working there *** off this off season . good for them there really showing themselves to be true professionals