Twitter: More on Collins Suspension

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It doesn't matter why you missed a test or work or whatever. If it's important to you, you pick up a phone and make a call. The communication issue is not from player to team it's from NFL to player. It's his responsibility to communicate any issues if he knows he will miss a test. Now if he doesn't know about said test then it falls on the NFL to reach out as to why he wasn't at work.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It doesn't matter why you missed a test or work or whatever. If it's important to you, you pick up a phone and make a call. The communication issue is not from player to team it's from NFL to player. It's his responsibility to communicate any issues if he knows he will miss a test. Now if he doesn't know about said test then it falls on the NFL to reach out as to why he wasn't at work.

Absolutley there is fault on Collins also....the punishment seems made up though and that is the problem I have with it...I'm guessing he is out 1 to 2 games and they will lift the rest.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
7 and so far we have valid reason for 4 actually he missed one for c-19 shut down at the facility. so 3 missed

These excuses don't mean they're valid. The team excusing you might not mean you're free from league responsibilities. And again, this is from their side so of course at worst the goal is to come out looking clean even if you're actually at fault

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it make sense to anyone here that the league would hold a painkiller against him after hip surgery? Would the team and NFLPA not be acting on his behalf with the league office?

Scheffter is just fanning more Cowboys flames. Nobody but those on the inside of the league office and Collins know the real skinny on this.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don't mean this as any disrespect Just asking. You say those are the rules but what about the rules that state it will be a fine, not a suspension?
Fully agree.

There's a lot we don't know. Has to be.

If all there is to it is what's been reported, a suspension seems iffy.

Five games is an outrage.

I'm thinking he did something else to piss off Goodell.

Jerry being quiet is telling as well. He must know there's something legit here or I think there would be a bigger fight.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
These excuses don't mean they're valid. The team excusing you might not mean you're free from league responsibilities. And again, this is from their side so of course at worst the goal is to come out looking clean even if you're actually at fault

of course...but right now even if some of that is true, the punishment seems made up. thats the only problem I have other than why they waited for seven when usually they do something about 1 missed...As i have said Collins has fault in this...but, it sure looks like the league has done alot of not normal policy stuff to get here also.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutley there is fault on Collins also....the punishment seems made up though and that is the problem I have with it...I'm guessing he is out 1 to 2 games and they will lift the rest.

Why were they testing him so much to begin with? Why was he in the drug protocol?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
This is utter bs by the league. We came close to beating Tom Brady and actually should have beaten him if it wasn't for bad officiating and now the league is scared and coming up with this bs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
of course...but right now even if some of that is true, the punishment seems made up. thats the only problem I have other than why they waited for seven when usually they do something about 1 missed...As i have said Collins has fault in this...but, it sure looks like the league has done alot of not normal policy stuff to get here also.

Again, we don't know what actually happened that the league dished out this suspension. Collins' side sure isn't going to tell you and they're the only ones talking. The thing about these tests is they bleed into the world of medical records/personal issues (as you see from these excuses). The league can't go around publishing people's personal business like that. They could be sued. What I think the league should do is send the player an official document that has the player's transgressions and the league's response, including the punishment so that if the player wants to release it to the press to have a gripe, everything is there and it's not the league bringing it out. Maybe such a document already exists but no player dares release it because it makes them look bad. As was said, it's quite curious that we don't hear anything from the NFLPA if this is indeed unjustified.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Again, we don't know what actually happened that the league dished out this suspension. Collins' side sure isn't going to tell you and they're the only ones talking. The thing about these tests is they bleed into the world of medical records/personal issues (as you see from these excuses). The league can't go around publishing people's personal business like that. They could be sued. What I think the league should do is send the player an official document that has the player's transgressions and the league's response, including the punishment so that if the player wants to release it to the press to have a gripe, everything is there and it's not the league bringing it out. Maybe such a document already exists but no player dares release it because it makes them look bad. As was said, it's quite curious that we don't hear anything from the NFLPA if this is indeed unjustified.

I agree personal info is protected, but they have injury reports for a reason...I'm guessing this will come out and I'm betting both sides are going to look a little dirty in this. Again then why wait for 7 is a big one win normal is at 1 something happens.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Come on dude....the more that's coming out on this the more it looks like a very unfair setup against him....missed test bc he was in the hospital??? Positive for codine bc he was prescribed and is out of major surgery?

Give me a break, he's getting shafted

Exactly this. Why would the NFL care about codeine? It’s the opposite of performance enhancing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not sure how traveling in any way means a player can’t be tested, especially during the regular season. It’s also supposedly random. When you are called to test you got three hours to report. If he isn’t on site, than he has 24 hours to reports to an independent testing station they identify.

Funeral is no excuse gif missing, because the league would have given him 24 hours and a place to be tested within 45 miles.

Collection is done by the Independent Administrator and Collection Vendor.

Collection at a Club facility, stadium or scouting combine venue requires no advance notice to the player and is required in no more than three hours.

For collection occurring away from the Club facility, the player will be contacted by telephone, voicemail or text message to notify him that he has been selected and to schedule a collection time within 24 hours at a site not more than 45 miles from the players' location.

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/columns/features/the-nfl-testing-procedure-for-peds/

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He failed a drug test in like 2018 or something...since that he had 180 clean tests until this mess.

Wasn't sure when. But it's on him to stay on top of all this. It sucks, seems excessive but the players union agreed to it and he failed the scheduled test. No sympathy from me. Fans care more than some of these players.

khiladi

Reaction score
Also, based on what I read of the link above, the team has zero to do with the drug testing policy. It’s independent, meaning if the team gives him some time to grieve, it is only with respect to the team, not the NFL drug testing, which is supposedly done by an INDEPENDENT investigator. So if a player is RANDOMLY selected, they can’t avoid it and if they are away, they got 24 hours to report to an identified site within 45 miles and they have to take a test.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Failed one drug test and decided against taking at least two others.

As insensitive as it may sound, those are the rules.

He and the team should know this.

If anything is unfair, it's the length of the suspension.

That I'll agree with.....but everyone knows Goodell and how he is with this stuff.

Not showing up for drug tests is beyond dumb.

Using the excuse that the "team sent us home" is a clear lack of chain of command comprehension.

Really, I hate feeling this way.....but I can't see Collins as blameless here.
You can not fail a drug test for prescribed drugs I know that because my ex employer tried to do it to me.