Twitter: More on Collins Suspension

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i am not surprised by this at all this has been happening for some time now karma will eventually catchup with the nfl

Verdict

Reaction score
There's the context we were waiting for. Don't ever try to tell me the league isn't out to get Dallas. This is beyond ridiculous.
Unless there is more to the story than we know, it would seem to be that way, especially when viewed in the light that we ALWAYS get hosed by the NFL.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't matter why you missed a test or work or whatever. If it's important to you, you pick up a phone and make a call. The communication issue is not from player to team it's from NFL to player. It's his responsibility to communicate any issues if he knows he will miss a test. Now if he doesn't know about said test then it falls on the NFL to reach out as to why he wasn't at work.

Excellent post. Once they get tired of pretending Collins is a victim maybe they'll realize you're right.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
In the end, Collins needs to adhere to the rules and have understood the situation.

Wish I didn't feel that way. Much easier to direct my angst toward Goodell.

Yeah, the easy mouthbreather response is to get pissed, but where was Collins' agent and Collins himself on clarifiying this crap.

I hear there assinine and stupid excuses all day. "You know you missed a scheduled appointment, but why didn't you call me and explain and reschedule right away?"

For those who are not tracking on this the rules are the rules, and if you do not over communicate in these situations the hammer typically gets dropped on you because you behaviour can be construed as having something to hide conveniently under a legitimate situation.

This should have been worked on much earlier. I am of the opoinion that Collins borught this on himself, and it wouldn't surprise me that he is a knucklehead. Ex. Comes into last year overweight when he knows a NFL season is starting.

There is smoke around this guy. It could be as simple as immaturity, but there is something wrong with this guy.

Mannix

Reaction score
i am not surprised by this at all this has been happening for some time now karma will eventually catchup with the nfl
oh yeah.....how? The rest of the league loves when we get bent over....this isn't affecting any other teams, so I'm not sure how karma is going to bite them. On the flip side, what makes Booger think that The Goom is suddenly going to quit pulling this S every year? Until Booger goes national with it, nothing is gonna happen to stop it.....it needs to be exposed.

Flamma

Reaction score
There's the context we were waiting for. Don't ever try to tell me the league isn't out to get Dallas. This is beyond ridiculous.

There are still rules the league has to follow. If Collins is truly being wronged then if the union doesn't help him, he can get a lawyer on his own.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You can not fail a drug test for prescribed drugs I know that because my ex employer tried to do it to me.
Well sure, the question is why wasn't it formally cleaned up and removed from being considered a violation?

Same with the funeral. They knew where they stood here one way or another and should have either cleaned things up or been more cautious.

One more time.....there's much more to this that we haven't heard.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
All I ask for is equal treatment and if anyone else missed a test for a funeral, operation and prescribed pain meds, team letting players go home because a coach died...etc.

Anyone else missing a test should also be suspended, no matter who and for what.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Well sure, the question is why wasn't it formally cleaned up and removed from being considered a violation?

Same with the funeral. They knew where they stood here one way or another and should have either cleaned things up or been more cautious.

One more time.....there's much more to this that we haven't heard.
Yep there is more to it he is a Cowboy Star on the helmet equals special rules

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goodell he no shame plus he specifically targets Cowboy players
Goodell doesn't handle these things unless they are front page news like Rice, Hardy and Elliott. Troy Vincent, Exec VP is in charge of discipline and he also works with violators of the rules with each team.

The onus isn't on the NFL to do anything, the schedule for testing is just like a parole officer. They set the times and it is up to the violator to comply. They can't just miss meetings without repercussions.

And every ruling made is run by the NFLPA with any necessary details and they have the right to appeal on behalf of the player and the player can appeal himself. There is a system in place and everyone knows the rules. They didn't single out Collins, he did that himself. He broke rules and then compounded that by not following subsequent ones to keep him out of trouble.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So, suspensions aren't allowed for missed tests, but he was suspended for misses tests?

It's getting harder and harder to argue against conspiracy theories. Especially after the helmet removal no.

khiladi

Reaction score
All I ask for is equal treatment and if anyone else missed a test for a funeral, operation and prescribed pain meds, team letting players go home because a coach died...etc.

Anyone else missing a test should also be suspended, no matter who and for what.

You can’t miss a test for that. The league gives you 24 hours and a testing center within 45 miles in such situations during the season. Further, you are also supposedly randomly selected, 10 players on the roster per week.

GoJacks

Reaction score
Random how?

They find him and say piss now?

If so how did he miss it?

It's not random in that regard. He is told where to be and when with reasonable notice.

It's THAT frequent with him because of the previous fail/misses.....so they all knew they were on the cusp of suspension, then took a pass on showing up figuring McCarthy decision to close the building prevailed over league policy.
It's random.

CWR

Reaction score
There are still rules the league has to follow. If Collins is truly being wronged then if the union doesn't help him, he can get a lawyer on his own.

The league won't lose. They can suspend Zeke for half a season with no charges and let the Giants kicker beat on his wife repeatedly. Don't tell me about rules.