More proof why Dak is garbage

khiladi

Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

Passer Rating of Dak is 70.6, the league average is 76.5

YPA for Dak is 5.8, the league average is 6.6

The TD rate is 2.8% while the league average is 4.6%

Int rate is 2.7% while the league average is 3.7%.

Sack % is 7.7% versus 5.5% for the lasher average.

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.

At a point in games when aggressiveness is more acceptable, the only thing Prescott does at an above-average rate is avoid interceptions (well, until the Seattle game). There’s something to be said for living to play another down, but Prescott hasn’t been able to translate his dropbacks into yards or touchdowns in the clutch at even the rate of a league-average passer.

Now, obviously anytime we filter down to specific situations like this one, we have to consider the small sample size — Prescott has only 78 career dropbacks in these situations — but you couldn’t blame Jones if he looks fondly on the days of Romo, who has a decisive edge over Prescott across the board in the clutch:

• Passer rating: Romo 95.3 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Romo 7.3 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Romo 5.8% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Romo 2.2% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Romo 2.1% vs. Prescott 7.7

for Mahomes, his clutch numbers are on a whole other stratosphere…

• Passer rating: Mahomes 122.6 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Mahomes 8.9 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Mahomes 8.8% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Mahomes 0.0% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Mahomes 1.7% vs. Prescott 7.7%

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/dak-prescott-clutch-4th-quarter-jerry-jones-cowboys-defense

Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.
The only garbage I see is your take on Dak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I see you cherry picked the article and left out some relevant parts, so let me help.

So I suppose Wilson is garbage too, since his passer rating is close?

Now, obviously anytime we filter down to specific situations like this one, we have to consider the small sample size — Prescott has only 78 career dropbacks in these situations
it’s a bit closer between Prescott and Wilson:

• Passer rating: Wilson 76.4 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Wilson 6.3 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Wilson 6.6% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Wilson 3.6% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Wilson 5.4% vs. Prescott 7.7%

plymkr

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Dak is garbage, he's not elite but he's not garbage. In this scenario the stats paint a different picture of his value. These stats paint a picture that he is trash. Other stats, such as records and yardage, paint a picture he's the best in the league. Stats lie and don't tell the whole story. I hate using stats as a gauge of a player. The only stats I care about are TO's and TD's and W's. But being objective no one can say Dak is garbage and be serious about it. He's got some garbage around him and he's made some garbage plays but his overall resume is of a good QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
I see you cherry picked the article and left out some rele

Now, obviously anytime we filter down to specific situations like this one, we have to consider the small sample size — Prescott has only 78 career dropbacks in these situations

it’s a bit closer between Prescott and Wilson:

• Passer rating: Wilson 76.4 vs. Prescott 70.6
  • Yards per attempt: Wilson 6.3 vs. Prescott 5.9
  • Touchdown rate: Wilson 6.6% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Interception rate: Wilson 3.6% vs. Prescott 2.8%
  • Sack rate: Wilson 5.4% vs. Prescott 7.7%

Yeah, I cherry picked an article that I referenced for people to read that clearly shows Dak isn’t even on the league average.

And Wilson is still better then him, with scrub WRs and no RG and a garbage OL. Not sure what your point is. Romo was doing these numbers with Garrett as play caller, bum OL, no threat of a RG, and so on.

Even if Wilson sucked, it doesn’t absolve Dak from sucking,

firewater

Reaction score
I can't understand anybody calling Dak garbage at this point. Deserving about 40 million per year, no probably not. Somebody will pay him the going rate for a franchise qb on the market if Dallas doesn't.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yeah, I cherry picked an article that I referenced for people to read that clearly shows Dak isn’t even on the league average.

And Wilson is still better then him, with scrub WRs and no RG and a garbage OL. Not sure what your point is. Romo was doing these numbers with Garrett as play caller, bum OL, no threat of a RG, and so on.

Even if Wilson sucked, it doesn’t absolve Dak from sucking,

The data comprises his career - so DAK had a period of scrub WRs as well.

I would not call being slightly below average in a very specific stat with a very small sample size garbage, but your agenda is well known.

khiladi

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Dak is garbage, he's not elite but he's not garbage. In this scenario the stats paint a different picture of his value. These stats paint a picture that he is trash. Other stats, such as records and yardage, paint a picture he's the best in the league. Stats lie and don't tell the whole story. I hate using stats as a gauge of a player. The only stats I care about are TO's and TD's and W's. But being objective no one can say Dak is garbage and be serious about it. He's got some garbage around him and he's made some garbage plays but his overall resume is of a good QB.

These stats tell a lot, which is how Dak limits the offense. He can’t do a traditional 5-7 step drop and this team operate with Dak exclusivity out of shotgun and a quick 1-3 step drop for quick passes, making him extremely predictable. That’s why we run play action so much and now we’ve effectively turned Zeke into a full-time decoy to pad Dak’s stats in garbage time. This severely limits and has been limiting Linehan when he was here and Moore now. And this is a Coryell offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
I see you cherry picked the article and left out some relevant excepts, so let me help fill in the blanks.

The data comprises his career - so DAK had a period of scrub WRs as well.

I would not call being slightly below average in a very specific stat with a very small sample size garbage, but your agenda is well known.

The fact you are sitting here trying to defend “Mr. Clutch” being BELOW the league average is what demonstrates agenda. The fact the tradition of not being able to actually bring his team back outside padding stats in garbage time is amply attested to by this sample. Dak had NEVER been clutch in reality.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The fact you are sitting here trying to defend “Mr. Clutch” being BELOW the league average is what demonstrates agenda. V

OK, so I'm the one starting DAK is garbage threads.

Funny you have to dig so deep to find some stat that supports your garbage position.

There’s hope for Prescott yet, as the first four years of Wilson’s career saw him post a 57.3 passer rating on 77 clutch dropbacks from 2012-15, only to shoot up to 98.1 on 65 clutch dropbacks since 2016.

Imagine Khilile as a Seattle fan calling Russel garbage after 2015.

khiladi

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Dak is "garbage". But slightly above-average perhaps? He isn't bad, but he isn't great -- definitely not worth a huge contract.

He’s complete garbage when not surrounded by talent. You can argue every QB drops in performance some when they lose a key player like Zeke of Cooper isn’t around, but the drop off for Dak moves him into levels of ineptitude. He was setting Quincy Carter records of futility without Cooper and when Zeke was suspended, he floundered against garbage teams and couldn’t even put up double digit scoring against the three winning teams he played. Against 3-4 of the top five play action defenses we played last year, he was utter trash, meaning teams that didn’t bite on Zeke, Dak and his one-read stick was simply ineffective, but he padder stats in garbage time to mark this ineptitude.

leicafan

Reaction score

More proof that you may have kept repeating yourself and try to get more attention.