More proof why Dak is garbage

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not saying dak is garbage. Butttt its hard to argue. He had a top 10 defense last year and couldn't win a bad division.

Last week he was up 14-7. Then the browns score 31 straight points. Daks offense in quarters 2 and 3 put up 0's while being blown out. That is on the qb. Every dak thread people defend him and blame every other aspect of the team but his play.

He is a huge reason we get down early in games. Week 2 his turnovers helped lead to 21 points for the falcons. Week 3 he made bad plays to end both halves. Week 1 his offense scored 3 pts second half.

His turnovers clearly have hurt the team, but so have Zeke's as well.

But its dam hard for me to put the loss on either of them when this defense is expansion level quality. And that is no a joke, I am being serious here. Last time the Cowboys allowed 38+ points in three consecutive games was 1960, their first year in the league as an expansion team.

So until that changes I dont want to hear a dam word about how the QB is garbage. Doesnt matter if we had prime Brady under center, when your defense is giving up 10 yards a carry to virtually every RB they face and WRs are running wide arse open in the secondary to the point they turn around and wait for the pass like they are fielding punts, it doesnt matter.

Fix this expansion quality defense, then we will talk about the QB, but not before.

pitt33

Reaction score
I kinda hope he moves on and get paid by the Bears or someone and Dallas goes into QB limbo for a decade. It's what some of these 'fans' deserve.

Although, I also don't want that to happen because it would suck for me too.
Wouldn’t bother me if he left. The team isn’t winning with him now with the stable of receivers he has at his disposal.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Wouldn’t bother me if he left. The team isn’t winning with him now with the stable of receivers he has at his disposal.

True, I wish he would get some more interceptions or at least force a fumble. And his tackling, sheesh!

firewater

Reaction score
I believe some calling Dak "garbage" must be young and don't remember the years between Aikman to Romo. Finding a qb is so tough. Quincy Carter, Winkey Wright, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoernoer, ( a personal friend of mine) Stephen McGee.

pitt33

Reaction score
True, I wish he would get some more interceptions or at least force a fumble. And his tackling, sheesh!
Yes, I know the defense blows.

The whole thing blows. We should all be used to this. I mean it’s only been 25 years now.

I pity the younger fans.

khiladi

Reaction score
I believe some calling Dak "garbage" must be young and don't remember the years between Aikman to Romo. Finding a qb is so tough. Quincy Carter, Winkey Wright, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoernoer, ( a personal friend of mine) Stephen McGee.

We were massacred by free agency, while Dak walked into a stacked line-up that included arguably four all-pro linemen and an elite RB.. completely DIFFERENT scenarios..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

Passer Rating of Dak is 70.6, the league average is 76.5

YPA for Dak is 5.8, the league average is 6.6

The TD rate is 2.8% while the league average is 4.6%

Int rate is 2.7% while the league average is 3.7%.

Sack % is 7.7% versus 5.5% for the lasher average.

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.
Troll. You should be banned.

khiladi

Reaction score
I love these excuses about ‘fixing’ the defense, when we ruined the short SB window to cater to Dak. Now we got Dak-stans talking about fixing the holes in defense while it took Dak a week to throw a TD in training camp in year 3. The fact he didn’t practice well clearly sees itself on the field when he’s throwing behind WRs and not leading them. His timing is garbage.

Dak Prescott experiment is the Jason Garrett experiment all over again, but at QB.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the proof is to the contrary.
good young QB who continues to get better each season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Moderators really should do their job and put all these Dak-stans in time-out. Nothing but insults when the stats don’t support their garbage claims and then they play the self-righteous moral high-card routine, while they bash every player and front office personnel to absolve Dak of any blame.

khiladi

Reaction score
So we got to rebuild the defense and OL now, while we expect Dak to translate into even half of what RW is, after watching him flounder around for years?

firewater

Reaction score
Tell Clint I said Hi
He has his own show on Houston Sports Talk Radio these days. Call in and tell him yourself. I will telll him Pitt33 from Cowboys Zone says hi.Damn, good football talk on there although Texan centric.

Last edited: