More proof why Dak is garbage

kskboys

Reaction score
DJ Metcalf is not a scrub. TJ Lockett is probably the most underrated WR in the league.
Lockett has exploded since being promoted to a #1 WR. Same as Gallup would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
DJ Metcalf is not a scrub. TJ Lockett is probably the most underrated WR in the league.

Neither DJ Metcalf nor TJ Lockett were on Seattle during Wilson’s first four years, which was the point of comparison. Actually TJ Lockett came RW fourth year.

The point is that RW never had the lineup Dak did, his first four years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, I'm being defensive - that's hilarious. I'm talking about a blindside strip/fumble from a DE that beat the Cowboys OT, and you are telling me I'm wrong because some other poster made a comment about the Cowboys OG on an entirely different play, and because Dak threw behind a receiver on an entirely different play …

Do you really not understand how this works - in order to disagree with me, you have to disagree with what I say, not disagree with some other poster on some different topic. How is that even in question?

As for the "happy feet" comment, I didn't claim you used that term, I just categorized your comments that way. You appear to be advocating that the first instinct a QB should have is to run rather than to hang tough in the pocket and get the ball to the receiver, and you are ignoring the fact that the entire point of stepping up into the pocket is to buy that extra second to help get the ball away. Once the QB steps up into the pocket his options are pretty limited - in most cases it's get the throw off or take a sack, and on some unfortunate occasions the ball gets stripped - which, again, isn't somehow unique to Dak, or unheard of with Mahomes, Rodger, Brady etc ...,

By the way, are you aware of the term "blind side" and why that term is used?

No I NEVER ever said "run first instinct". So you see...in your head you keep making things up I never said, while accusing me of it.

This is exactly what I am talking about...just so you can get a better handle of what I have been saying: (which was...exactly what this shows...and I quote "move up".

Go to 1:40.....and watch THIS guy tell you what I have been saying:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I NEVER ever said "run first instinct". So you see...in your head you keep making things up I never said, while accusing me of it.

This is exactly what I am talking about...just so you can get a better handle of what I have been saying: (which was...exactly what this shows...and I quote "move up".

Go to 1:40.....and watch THIS guy tell you what I have been saying:

No, you didn’t say the words “run first instinct”, but that’s what you advocated. For Dak to have done what you suggest, running would have had to be the dominant instinct over stepping up into the pocket to buy an. extra moment to get a pass off.

As for what happens at the 1:40 mark, again, you aren’t talking about Dak’s situation, you are talking about Dalton’s, which even if similar, isn’t identical. Every pocket formed on every pass play isn’t Identical. Even so, you’ve been talking about Dak escaping the pocket, and in this situation Dalton did not try to escape the pocket Like you’ve said Dak should have, he stepped up into it and trusted I his O-Lineman to hold the pocket, which is what Dak did. The difference was that Dalton wasn’t trying to throw as the DE came around, and he may have had more room to step up than Dak, although I would need to reviewed Dak’s plays to be sure of that. In this clip the DE swiped at Dalton, and had Dalton started his throwing motion he may well have been stripped just like Dak was.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you didn’t say the words “run first instinct”, but that’s what you advocated. For Dak to have done what you suggest, running would have had to be the dominant instinct over stepping up into the pocket to buy an. extra moment to get a pass off.

As for what happens at the 1:40 mark, again, you aren’t talking about Dak’s situation, you are talking about Dalton’s, which even if similar, isn’t identical. Every pocket formed on every pass play isn’t Identical. Even so, you’ve been talking about Dak escaping the pocket, and in this situation Dalton did not try to escape the pocket Like you’ve said Dak should have, he stepped up into it and trusted I his O-Lineman to hold the pocket, which is what Dak did. The difference was that Dalton wasn’t trying to throw as the DE came around, and he may have had more room to step up than Dak, although I would need to reviewed Dak’s plays to be sure of that. In this clip the DE swiped at Dalton, and had Dalton started his throwing motion he may well have been stripped just like Dak was.

No sir you are STILL wrong. I never said "he must always RUN and never pass". Let me refresh your sad reading skills, shall it? Here is one of my posts you object to:

"Not when they fumble it. I've never actually heard of anyone defend a QB for not stepping up or even running when he needs to. It's what makes mahomie a miracle kid.

(I know....another mahomie comparison....I could pick out several...that's just the biggest example....it's what makes an elite QB)."

THE FIRST THING I SAID WAS..."step up"....exactly like I showed you Andy did. Set up in the pocket like 1:40. And I mentioned mahomes because he'd rather NOT run. He does come out of the pocket a lot...but still thinking PASS!

I mean it's right there dude, come on. You change what I said. KEEP arguing it. Then claim I'm the one doing it. some messed up stuff right there.

The pocket doesn't collapse in infinite number of ways. On the fumbles in the highlight video I showed you....it doesn;t look to me like dak stepped ANYWHERE. Just stood cleats forzen to ground. Like you said...and like the man who made this video clearly said...if Dalton hadn't (get this....exactly what I said!) stepped up just a little bit...the swipe might have caused a...fumble! He had the presence to step up JUST ENOUGH and at the right time. Beautiful.

AMAZING! I showed you clear proof of what I mentioned days ago....and you still can't accept it. Omer...my man...I think you have a problem. Something is blinding you to very clear facts. And very stubborn about it,. Hmmm. I dunno. It's like you think I'm sheeting on Dak when I praise Andy. No sir...this is no way to have a conversation.

Edit: In fact I thnk when I originally replied to the highlight video I showed you...Andy hadn;t even played. My original assessment had nothing to do with Andy. I brought him in as an example of what I was talking about and what Dak needs to do when he comes back.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No sir you are STILL wrong. I never said "he must always RUN and never pass". Let me refresh your sad reading skills, shall it? Here is one of my posts you object to:

"Not when they fumble it. I've never actually heard of anyone defend a QB for not stepping up or even running when he needs to. It's what makes mahomie a miracle kid.

(I know....another mahomie comparison....I could pick out several...that's just the biggest example....it's what makes an elite QB)."

THE FIRST THING I SAID WAS..."step up"....exactly like I showed you Andy did. Set up in the pocket like 1:40. And I mentioned mahomes because he'd rather NOT run. He does come out of the pocket a lot...but still thinking PASS!

I mean it's right there dude, come on. You change what I said. KEEP arguing it. Then claim I'm the one doing it. some messed up stuff right there.

The pocket doesn't collapse in infinite number of ways. On the fumbles in the highlight video I showed you....it doesn;t look to me like dak stepped ANYWHERE. Just stood cleats forzen to ground. Like you said...and like the man who made this video clearly said...if Dalton hadn't (get this....exactly what I said!) stepped up just a little bit...the swipe might have caused a...fumble! He had the presence to step up JUST ENOUGH and at the right time. Beautiful.

AMAZING! I showed you clear proof of what I mentioned days ago....and you still can't accept it. Omer...my man...I think you have a problem. Something is blinding you to very clear facts. And very stubborn about it,. Hmmm. I dunno. It's like you think I'm sheeting on Dak when I praise Andy. No sir...this is no way to have a conversation.

Edit: In fact I thnk when I originally replied to the highlight video I showed you...Andy hadn;t even played. My original assessment had nothing to do with Andy. I brought him in as an example of what I was talking about and what Dak needs to do when he comes back.

I didn’t say you said he should ALWAYS run and NEVER pass.

Part of what you ignore is that a QB has to pass when the route is at the right point, and if he waits he misses the opportunity. Many times Dak does move away from pressure when he doesn’t see that opportunity, In these cases he did see the opportunity, and started the throw.

It’s puzzling that you somehow don’t seem to realize that getting stripped like this is not something that only happens to Dak. Every QB, from the elite of the elite to the bottom level starter, has this happen, yet here you are pretending that it condemns Dak, and ignore that it happens to others too.

It’s easy to sit in front of a computer and make hindsight decisions on behalf of a player who’s shoes you cannot be on or understand, but a QB has to see the play and make the throw when the routes are at the right point, and, unfortunately for Dak in these 2 cases, and other QBs at other times, the blocking needed to hold up just a split second longer, and didnt. You do get that don’t you - it happens in a split second at full speed, not in slow motion replay with a panoramic camera view.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Neither DJ Metcalf nor TJ Lockett were on Seattle during Wilson’s first four years, which was the point of comparison. Actually TJ Lockett came RW fourth year.

The point is that RW never had the lineup Dak did, his first four years.
I get your point.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Neat, another trash Dak thread. Homestead question: Do they go away if we ignore them?

Gotta hand it to the mods, they don't shut down threads for no good reason, even though this type of thread serves no point, there's not but a a tiny fraction of people on this site, I'm willing to bet, that will EVER change their minds about Dak, after 4 years there set in stone, essentially.

But it'll never change, ANY Cowboys quarterback that doesn't win multiple SBs, regardless of the reason, will be trashed on this site, and even those that do, once the SB win(s) is(are) over, they'll get the same treatment as Dak is now.

If it was up to me, I'd put a moratorium on and thread that uses phrases like "trash" to describe a Cowboys player would put the poster on suspension.

Sick of the same old same old threads, posting stats or the "eye test" to try and prove their view if Dak as "trash" is valid....

khiladi

Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the mods, they don't shut down threads for no good reason, even though this type of thread serves no point, there's not but a a tiny fraction of people on this site, I'm willing to bet, that will EVER change their minds about Dak, after 4 years there set in stone, essentially.

But it'll never change, ANY Cowboys quarterback that doesn't win multiple SBs, regardless of the reason, will be trashed on this site, and even those that do, once the SB win(s) is(are) over, they'll get the same treatment as Dak is now.

If it was up to me, I'd put a moratorium on and thread that uses phrases like "trash" to describe a Cowboys player would put the poster on suspension.

Sick of the same old same old threads, posting stats or the "eye test" to try and prove their view if Dak as "trash" is valid....

Dak-stans..

Everybody is a scapegoat-goat and can be called trash for the Holy Saint that is Dak, making him untouchable. They couch their nonsense in “lack of bias”, while tearing down every other FO member, coach or player on the team. They pretend like the criticisms of their idol are not rooted in anything of substance, other than the “eye-test” as if the latter isn’t confirmed with Dak’s numbers going completely to garbage, in real clutch time, below the league average.

All this so they can push their USSR, censor posts that in no way violate the football forum rules, while their posts are most often than not, purely personal attacks clearly violating football forum rules.

Cut this holier-than-thou garbage. You guys think you are slick.

Dak-stans are like a cult now.

Last edited: