More proof why Dak is garbage

keysersoze

Reaction score
I have zero doubts many of our loser fanbase smiled when Dak got hurt and are happy we are without him. Now, they will never say it in public because it would be considered inhumane. But absolutely no doubt some are joyful seeing him carted off. That is how much hate they had towards this man.

And I saw so many of those same people who attacked him like he killed their parents, tell us how hurt they are because of this :rolleyes::rolleyes: Doing it for the clout. No one believes you. Quit fronting.
Absolutely correct. But those same losers will accuse me of hatred because I point out their bs.

Brax

Reaction score
Why else would supposed to be Cowboys fans rejoice over Dak’s season ending/career threatening injury? Dumb ***
I don’t pretend to know and you assume because you are a a** who has spewed hate for so long.I bet you have rejoiced when Wentz was hurt as have others to support your Dak is never hurt so that makes him better. Just stop, your race baiting is as appalling as you are disgusting.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not when they fumble it. I've never actually heard of anyone defend a QB for not stepping up or even running when he needs to. It's what makes mahomie a miracle kid.

(I know....another mahomie comparison....I could pick out several...that's just the biggest example....it's what makes an elite QB).
How does a QB when he is in the pocket surrounded? That's nonsense. And yes, QBs are praised all the time for hanging tough in the pocket knowing they are exposing themselves to getting hit hard for the sake of getting a pass off. If you've missed that I don't know where you have been. The "pocket" only works of the O-Line maintains it, and if it breaks down the QB and the team suffer. That's the responsibility of O-Linemen, and it always has been.

As for being "elite", I never used that term with Dak, so don't use it as if it contradicts anything I said. Dak is an outstanding QB, but "elite" may only apply to 3-4 QBs at a given time. Even so, "elite" QB's are susceptible when O-Lineman fail to do their job just like one's that aren't elite.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I don’t pretend to know and you assume because you are a a** who has spewed hate for so long.I bet you have rejoiced when Wentz was hurt as have others to support your Dak is never hurt so that makes him better. Just stop, your race baiting is as appalling as you are disgusting.
No Clown. I don’t rejoice in seeing any player hurt. And I would never be so hateful as to wish harm upon any member of the Cowboys based on race and position. As we all know is the issue at hand. Matter of fact Roger Staubach is the reason I’m a lifelong Cowboys fan in the first place. I don’t use color as a barometer. I see talent and dedication as being the most important attributes.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does a QB when he is in the pocket surrounded? That's nonsense. And yes, QBs are praised all the time for hanging tough in the pocket knowing they are exposing themselves to getting hit hard for the sake of getting a pass off. If you've missed that I don't know where you have been. The "pocket" only works of the O-Line maintains it, and if it breaks down the QB and the team suffer. That's the responsibility of O-Linemen, and it always has been.

As for being "elite", I never used that term with Dak, so don't use it as if it contradicts anything I said. Dak is an outstanding QB, but "elite" may only apply to 3-4 QBs at a given time. Even so, "elite" QB's are susceptible when O-Lineman fail to do their job just like one's that aren't elite.
I never claimed you said Dak was elite. Just because I used it ion my comments...doesn't mean I said you said it. You know full well it is very frequently used. If I could only use the very same words you use it would be a hindrance to making a point.
If you think the pocket only collapse all at once, with no free space to step up or out ever...then we are watching different universes. Over and out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never claimed you said Dak was elite. Just because I used it ion my comments...doesn't mean I said you said it. You know full well it is very frequently used. If I could only use the very same words you use it would be a hindrance to making a point.
If you think the pocket only collapse all at once, with no free space to step up or out ever...then we are watching different universes. Over and out.

By using the word "elite" you are making an argument that doesn't apply to what I said.

A pocket is called a pocket for a reason - when you step into it you are surrounded. Ocassionally things develop where a QB can escape it, but that isn't the way it routinely goes. Remember, the reason a QB "steps up in the pocket" is because there are pass rushers coming from the side and backside. That's why he doesn't just slide to one side or the other instead of stepping up closer to the interior pass rushers.

In any case, every QB gets a ball stripped while trying to throw, including Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes. They all rely on their O-line to protect them, but it doesn't always happen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lest we forget:

Stats are for ... Losers.

Final Scores are for Winners.

And that is .... what it's ... really all about.

Bill Belichick

Belichick never trotted out the crap the Cowboys call "defense" then put it on Brady to score 40 every week. He's smarter than that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not when they fumble it. I've never actually heard of anyone defend a QB for not stepping up or even running when he needs to. It's what makes mahomie a miracle kid.

(I know....another mahomie comparison....I could pick out several...that's just the biggest example....it's what makes an elite QB).
I've never seen QBs get blamed for all fumbles. I'll give you and example, Romo fumbled 3 times (lost 2) and had an interception. Romo is overwhelmingly excused for this game while the offensive line takes the majority of the blame for this debacle. 2 of the fumbles and the interception should have been avoided. One of the fumbles I don't expect Romo to have prevented.

Dak's fumble against Cleveland is on the offensive line. He got stripped trying to throw on what was the 15th fastest sack of the season. It's like Romo's 3rd sack of the 2009 Minnesota game where Allen came blasting around the corner like he was shot out of the cannon and Romo literally had not shot. Dak's fumble where he tried to throw the ball while being tackled to try and avoid a sack was on him. It was boneheaded and he should have just taken the sack.

Seems like there is no objectivity when reviewing what happened. Either blame or excuse a player based upon a bias.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By using the word "elite" you are making an argument that doesn't apply to what I said.

A pocket is called a pocket for a reason - when you step into it you are surrounded. Ocassionally things develop where a QB can escape it, but that isn't the way it routinely goes. Remember, the reason a QB "steps up in the pocket" is because there are pass rushers coming from the side and backside. That's why he doesn't just slide to one side or the other instead of stepping up closer to the interior pass rushers.

In any case, every QB gets a ball stripped while trying to throw, including Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes. They all rely on their O-line to protect them, but it doesn't always happen.

We'll have to disagree here. AFter the Seattle game...someone posted the highlights saying how Connor "lost the game for us". I beg to differ. In three examples...it's my inexpert opinion there was room to move. In at least one...a TON of room. I copied most of my reply:

6:10...Conner beat his man and saw the blindside block was struggling. That play could have been worse for Dak.

The throw? Behind the receiver of course. All Dak had to do was step UP to the right and the field is open. Either for a large run gain or a pass.

@7:28...Dak AGAIN refuses to step up into clear space.

@ 14:10? Yep..a LOT of space to the right. Just take off gawd!

I have never nor will ever call Dak "garbage". I want him to improve on the things he needs to improve. I in fact have called for him to run but he MUST be smart about it. Heal up Dak and let's get back to it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll have to disagree here. AFter the Seattle game...someone posted the highlights saying how Connor "lost the game for us". I beg to differ. In three examples...it's my inexpert opinion there was room to move. In at least one...a TON of room. I copied most of my reply:

6:10...Conner beat his man and saw the blindside block was struggling. That play could have been worse for Dak.

The throw? Behind the receiver of course. All Dak had to do was step UP to the right and the field is open. Either for a large run gain or a pass.

@7:28...Dak AGAIN refuses to step up into clear space.

@ 14:10? Yep..a LOT of space to the right. Just take off gawd!

I have never nor will ever call Dak "garbage". I want him to improve on the things he needs to improve. I in fact have called for him to run but he MUST be smart about it. Heal up Dak and let's get back to it.

I didn't say Connor cost us the game, and if someone else said it, talk to them because it doesn't apply to what I've said.

Whether a throw was accurate or not also doesn't apply to what I said. You and I were talking about the fumbles stripped from Dak as he started to throw, not whether every pass was right on the money. And, of course, talking about Williams in that context also doesn't apply because it was the OT that got beat by the DE, not the OG.

The last thing any team needs is a QB with happy feet who gives up on plays and flees the pocket every time there is pressure. I have no idea how you see that as a virtue.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I say he is average to above-average based on the current QB's in the league. Out of the 31 QB's, who would you rather have than Dak? Here's a list...

-- Definitely
Brees
Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Wilson

-- Probably
Jackson
Roethlisberger

-- Maybe
Watson
Ryan
Wentz
Stafford
Carr

-- Small possibility...
Burrow
Allen
Mayfield

There are more but I doubt you'd want any of those over Dak. Where does he fit in on that list above? If he fits into the top 10, then you can't say he's a "garbage QB". Even if he fits into the top 15 that would by definition be average. Saying he is garbage is just hyperbole.... I'd put Dak in with the "Maybe" group of QB's, even if toward the bottom of that list.
From Maybe and lower, I'd definitely take Burrow.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say Connor cost us the game, and if someone else said it, talk to them because it doesn't apply to what I've said.

Whether a throw was accurate or not also doesn't apply to what I said. You and I were talking about the fumbles stripped from Dak as he started to throw, not whether every pass was right on the money. And, of course, talking about Williams in that context also doesn't apply because it was the OT that got beat by the DE, not the OG.

The last thing any team needs is a QB with happy feet who gives up on plays and flees the pocket every time there is pressure. I have no idea how you see that as a virtue.

God dude...I said SOMOENE ELSE POSTED THE VIDEO! You are impossible...extremely defensive (and therefor offensive) about what you THINK people think you say.

I can play that game too...show me where I said Dak needs "happy feet". I never said any such thing in fact I said "with care".

I also never said he had to be accurate. No where did I ever say such a thing yet there you are arguing it.

What I said...and gave some good examples.....is help the o-line by moving around a little bit. Find a seem a crease a bit of daylight to give yourself some room to pass. Or on occasion, burn them with a CAREFUL run...for godsakes SLIDE!

And here's where I depart...have a nice day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never seen QBs get blamed for all fumbles. I'll give you and example, Romo fumbled 3 times (lost 2) and had an interception. Romo is overwhelmingly excused for this game while the offensive line takes the majority of the blame for this debacle. 2 of the fumbles and the interception should have been avoided. One of the fumbles I don't expect Romo to have prevented.

Dak's fumble against Cleveland is on the offensive line. He got stripped trying to throw on what was the 15th fastest sack of the season. It's like Romo's 3rd sack of the 2009 Minnesota game where Allen came blasting around the corner like he was shot out of the cannon and Romo literally had not shot. Dak's fumble where he tried to throw the ball while being tackled to try and avoid a sack was on him. It was boneheaded and he should have just taken the sack.

Seems like there is no objectivity when reviewing what happened. Either blame or excuse a player based upon a bias.

Once again...I never blamed Dak for "all fumbles" But here we are...wasting my breath arguing it. Jeesus..this place. :facepalm:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

You know, from what I read, a lot, almost a majority of your posts, you bring up Romo. Go back through you posts and I would bet out of 10 of your posts at least half or a little more or a little less you bring up Romo. Is that so you can uphold Dak for some reason? Inquiring minds want to know?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You know, from what I read, a lot, almost a majority of your posts, you bring up Romo. Go back through you posts and I would bet out of 10 of your posts at least half or a little more or a little less you bring up Romo. Is that so you can uphold Dak for some reason? Inquiring minds want to know?
yep he sounds like a romo hater, so he's all in on stats prescott so he can continue to blame romo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
God dude...I said SOMOENE ELSE POSTED THE VIDEO! You are impossible...extremely defensive (and therefor offensive) about what you THINK people think you say.

I can play that game too...show me where I said Dak needs "happy feet". I never said any such thing in fact I said "with care".

I also never said he had to be accurate. No where did I ever say such a thing yet there you are arguing it.

What I said...and gave some good examples.....is help the o-line by moving around a little bit. Find a seem a crease a bit of daylight to give yourself some room to pass. Or on occasion, burn them with a CAREFUL run...for godsakes SLIDE!

And here's where I depart...have a nice day.
lol, I'm being defensive - that's hilarious. I'm talking about a blindside strip/fumble from a DE that beat the Cowboys OT, and you are telling me I'm wrong because some other poster made a comment about the Cowboys OG on an entirely different play, and because Dak threw behind a receiver on an entirely different play …

Do you really not understand how this works - in order to disagree with me, you have to disagree with what I say, not disagree with some other poster on some different topic. How is that even in question?

As for the "happy feet" comment, I didn't claim you used that term, I just categorized your comments that way. You appear to be advocating that the first instinct a QB should have is to run rather than to hang tough in the pocket and get the ball to the receiver, and you are ignoring the fact that the entire point of stepping up into the pocket is to buy that extra second to help get the ball away. Once the QB steps up into the pocket his options are pretty limited - in most cases it's get the throw off or take a sack, and on some unfortunate occasions the ball gets stripped - which, again, isn't somehow unique to Dak, or unheard of with Mahomes, Rodger, Brady etc ...,

By the way, are you aware of the term "blind side" and why that term is used?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's because people have different standards for the 2 QBs. Too many people have twisted everything they could to criticize Dak. The majority of people have done this due to the fact Dak replaced Romo and they were against Dak playing from the start. I take their overly absurd criticisms of Dak and show how Romo did the exact same thing. Yet they excuse Romo for things they blame Dak for. I just point out their hypocrisy using their arguments.

You can have an issue with me for doing that. No worries but now you now you know and don't have to have an inquiring mind any longer.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's because people have different standards for the 2 QBs. Too many people have twisted everything they could to criticize Dak. The majority of people have done this due to the fact Dak replaced Romo and they were against Dak playing from the start. I take their overly absurd criticisms of Dak and show how Romo did the exact same thing. Yet they excuse Romo for things they blame Dak for. I just point out their hypocrisy using their arguments.

You can have an issue with me for doing that. No worries but now you now you know and don't have to have an inquiring mind any longer.

Ok...I'll let you Romo enter your brain...he's gone from mine. How them Seahawks?

Hadenough

Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

Passer Rating of Dak is 70.6, the league average is 76.5

YPA for Dak is 5.8, the league average is 6.6

The TD rate is 2.8% while the league average is 4.6%

Int rate is 2.7% while the league average is 3.7%.

Sack % is 7.7% versus 5.5% for the lasher average.

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.
Im glad you posted this because I've been watching this for 4 years trying to explain it to the Dak lovers and being told my eye test is no good. Then I heard this being discussed on sports talk radio and knew the eye test was telling the truth.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ok...I'll let you Romo enter your brain...he's gone from mine. How them Seahawks?
I don't know. I don't follow the Seahwaks. That's another story, but not going to share again. Suffice it to say the "Go Seahawks" I no longer have the ability to change doesn't mean what you probably think it does.