Twitter: More trouble at Giants camp

JBS

Reaction score
That giants team is going to be one physical group. Their head coach is actually in charge and has complete command.

this brawl will be a good thing for them. The players all love the guy and this will make them even closer.

The giants are always at their best when they are physical defensive team that runs the ball and they are setup to be that way again this year.

to bad the giants are not on hard knocks. This would have been interesting to see.

Too bad their qb sucks. So they won’t be any good.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Players being aggressive? Sounds like even over aggressive.

I’m ok with that trait in a football player and team.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They became highly accomplished and respect coaches but does not change how they got to that point and that is running their teams with an iron fist not by babying or pampering players.
Actually, Coughlin really toned it down in NY after arriving. Strahan and numerous other Vets started a mutiny and he eased up on his hard *** methods.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually, Coughlin really toned it down in NY after arriving. Strahan and numerous other Vets started a mutiny and he eased up on his hard *** methods.

As long as the front office has no problem with it then there is no problem. Right now Giants likely do need to find out who wants to play football and who is just collecting paychecks. Football is not a democracy it is pretty much a dictatorship with the HC being the leader you can do it his way or do it else where but his job is to produce a winner and along the way you find out who you can count on and who really does not care about winning or losing. Irvin saw that and let Jimmy know when he came to Dallas, some only worried about the pay while Irvin wanted to win. Personally I would rather have a HC who pushes player to get the most out of them, not a baby sitter.

MikeB80

Reaction score

that was in the summer of 07 though. He became the coach in february of 04. He beat them up and made them a physical football team while developing young players before he pulled back.

Sean Payton did the same in New Orleans. he nearly killed the team in camp in 06.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I agree with this. I was very surprised how well that D played last year. They are a very tough football team. Daniel Jones however is still lousy.

again everyone keeps saying Jones can't play. So Beating them should be cake.

Their defense I believe will be the best in the division. I think their secondary is going to cause a lot of problems for opposing offenses.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when was the last you heard about a fight at the Cowboys training camp?
guys fighting over who was going to get to play Xbox games over a dak's house?
who was going to get to be on the training table?
Ratliff smacking jerry after a game?
Hardy smacking a clipboard out of one of the coach's hands?

MikeB80

Reaction score
when was the last you heard about a fight at the Cowboys training camp?
guys fighting over who was going to get to play Xbox games over a dak's house?
who was going to get to be on the training table?
Ratliff smacking jerry after a game?
Hardy smacking a clipboard out of one of the coach's hands?

I remember the cowboys got into it with the rams in 14 or 16? I think it was one of those years.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I think that high intensity, tough training camps are immeasurable benefits to a team, and I think it will help the giants as well. I don’t think however, that coach Judge’s deranged behavior will. That kind of exaggerated rant is not going to be received well in the long run. There is a difference between being tough and demanding of your players and just being insane. Judge seems insane. If the wins don’t come early next year, he will be gone very quickly indeed if he doesn’t tone down his behavior. I think he’s got the right idea with holding a no nonsense high octane camp, but his execution is questionable at best.