FEATURED Morning Pops!

arync

Reaction score
Sarge;2883928 said:
:starspin - I have so many wonderful, lasting memories of Weldon (Pops). So many of which I could never post all of them here in one thread. I remember when Pops first came around. I knew immediately he was a class act and a living Dallas Cowboys encyclopedia. He was always willing to share his memories. He lived for it. Just loved to talk Cowboys. He was a joy. A true joy.

As many of you know, I spend most of my time on this site in the morning hours, as did Weldon, and that is when we really got to know each other. We would get to chatting and posting (as did Winky and Yeags and others) every morning. We were ultimately referred to as "the morning crew." Well, in short order, Weldon made it known that he was, let's say "older" than most of us. He would say "wiser"...and he was correct. Anyways, one morning, I happened to say, "Morning Pops" and the name Pops was forever more. Who would have known? That is how Pops got his name. He got his reputation however, from just being himself, E. Weldon Parkkhill Jr. One of the sweetest, kindest, people I have ever had the the pleasure of knowing. It saddens me beyond words that he is gone.

On occasion, Reality and/or Hos will ask us, "how can we make this place even better?" - henceforth, my response will always be, "we could all strive be a little more like Pops!"

I raise my coffee cup to you my friend, my mentor. May God Bless you, good buddy....and until I get there...........one more time...

Morning Pops. :)

Well said my thoughts are with Pop's family

mocowboyfan

Reaction score
arync;2884084 said:
Well said my thoughts are with Pop's family

Go with God my friend.

He once told me to use his "catch phrase" since we are of similar age in years and of years as a Cowboy fan.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Mourning Pops. :cry:

Great post Sarge. Pops was always a gentleman in the best sense of the word. He is already missed.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Morning Pops!

I wish I could see a post from you warning me to lay off the Trolls today.

A simple

Cbz40;2207278 said:
OK Gentlemen

Was all he ever needed to get my attention.

ndanger

Reaction score
Morning Pops.
His yard is now filled with many beautiful youngins and he is smiling to be sure.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Good morning Pops. For the past few years I've always had my cup of coffee with Pops. I'd log on and he'd have all my Cowboys news ready and waiting; no matter how early I woke up, Pops always woke up earlier. It won't be the same.

RIP and my condolences to his family.

GoBigD

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to start by saying that I am saddened by his passing and for the great loss to this community. He was dear and beloved by many on here. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, for they are going to need all the strength and support during their time of need. Now, I hardly post any messages on here. Mainly because most of the time there is nothing for me to say that has not already been said, twice over. Nonetheless, whenever I would visit the forums I looked forward to reading his posts. Mr. Parkhill’s contributions to this community continue to go unmatched. His passing has left a huge void and he certainly left some big shoes to fill. However this community gauges its success, you can be certain that it has been a direct result of contributions from people like him. He provided me with so much laughter, insight, wisdom, and kindness throughout his time.

R.I.P. Cbz40

jubal

Reaction score
Being new kid on the block I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know him but his catch phrase always brought a smile .My yard was a football field for the neighborhood games and a man next door was for ever getting on to them with that same yell.
Morning Pops, we will leave the roof open for you!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I never really got a chance to know cbz aka pops, but when I got here it was easy enough to see that he was revered and respected. Thanks to sarge's tribute, I now know why.

My condolences to Wheldon's family, but I know he is popping open a DP and looking down at that hole in the roof watching his favorite team, alongside Landry, Schramm, Hayes, et al.

Morning Pops! I wish I had known you.