FEATURED Morning Pops!

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Morning Pops...

One of the things I found odd is that I associate everyone on here by their avatar and looking of the real pic of Pops it just made me smile after I finally saw what he looked like. I know I will miss his posts and his insight...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
bbgun;2884390 said:
We're in mourning, Pops. I know you always appreciated a good pun.

You're too late, I already posted that pun 8 posts ago and made it my new signature. :cool:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Dodger12;2884417 said:
Good morning Pops. For the past few years I've always had my cup of coffee with Pops. I'd log on and he'd have all my Cowboys news ready and waiting; no matter how early I woke up, Pops always woke up earlier. It won't be the same.

RIP and my condolences to his family.

+1

Mornin Pops

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Sarge;2883928 said:
:starspin - I have so many wonderful, lasting memories of Weldon (Pops). So many of which I could never post all of them here in one thread. I remember when Pops first came around. I knew immediately he was a class act and a living Dallas Cowboys encyclopedia. He was always willing to share his memories. He lived for it. Just loved to talk Cowboys. He was a joy. A true joy.

As many of you know, I spend most of my time on this site in the morning hours, as did Weldon, and that is when we really got to know each other. We would get to chatting and posting (as did Winky and Yeags and others) every morning. We were ultimately referred to as "the morning crew." Well, in short order, Weldon made it known that he was, let's say "older" than most of us. He would say "wiser"...and he was correct. Anyways, one morning, I happened to say, "Morning Pops" and the name Pops was forever more. Who would have known? That is how Pops got his name. He got his reputation however, from just being himself, E. Weldon Parkkhill Jr. One of the sweetest, kindest, people I have ever had the the pleasure of knowing. It saddens me beyond words that he is gone.

On occasion, Reality and/or Hos will ask us, "how can we make this place even better?" - henceforth, my response will always be, "we could all strive be a little more like Pops!"

I raise my coffee cup to you my friend, my mentor. May God Bless you, good buddy....and until I get there...........one more time...

Morning Pops. :)
Well said, Sarge, well said...:clap2:

Nav22

Reaction score
I've only interacted with Cbz40 once...

I PM'd him to thank him for all the articles he regularly posted onto the Daily Zone, since I regularly read them.

His response was classy as can be. He flipped it and thanked me for my support of CowboysZone, remarking that it's the membership that makes this board great.

From the account of those who knew him better, it seems this level of kindness was the norm for "Pops".

R.I.P. Pops... wish I got to know you better.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Morning Pops.

I hope when the time is right, this thread can be brought to the attention of his loved ones.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Morning Pops.

I wish I'd taken the time to say that before today and to appreciate more what you did here.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2884024 said:
Morning Pops!

morning pops its gonna be great watching our boys bring it home this year in that new stadium...you will have the best seat in the house with the lord...god bless your family too.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2883986 said:
Wonderful tribute Sarge.

Hey Sarge, remember the rooster we had as AV's for the morning crew?

Mornin' Santiago.

I do indeed remember the rooster AV's. Fond memories.

Duane

Reaction score
Morning Pops! This place and this world was better off because of you.

groo

Reaction score
Mornin' Pops!...even though I'm not much of a morning person...

to the board, it's encouraging to see that kindness like that of Pops is still valued in this world. Thanks, all.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Morning Pops, and to add to Sarge's comments, I agree, with limited chat or in contact with CBZ I had, he was the nicest guys.