FEATURED Morning Pops!

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Juke99;2888023 said:
Eating a half a box of Krispy Kreme donuts is not considered a "chore" ;)

And thank you for the kind words about the song.

You are welcome and I have to water the roping steers and feed the horses and clean stalls and work out an hour -before I eat the donuts--so the other things are chores:D

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Zaxor;2888128 said:
A good morning to you my friend... Juke's songs are just my taste in music he really has a great talent but don't tell him or it will go to his head

Morning my friend --I do like his music --but you are probably right ,we shouldn't brag on him --Hope yours are well

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Zaxor;2888128 said:
A good morning to you my friend... Juke's songs are just my taste in music he really has a great talent but don't tell him or it will go to his head

:)

Thank you.

Not to worry...I'm still putting myself through the torture of guitar lessons...with my teacher, who btw is quite like Cbz, bright, soft spoken, musically talented...it only takes one look and I realize I'm in the presence of the master...it has a humbling impact.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
justbob;2888210 said:
You are welcome and I have to water the roping steers and feed the horses and clean stalls and work out an hour -before I eat the donuts--so the other things are chores:D

Water the what? Feed the who? Clean the what the heck?

HolyMoly...I have to press the remote to open the garage door...:p:

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Juke99;2888238 said:
Water the what? Feed the who? Clean the what the heck?

HolyMoly...I have to press the remote to open the garage door...:p:

That's why me and Pops had coffee before it was light out --you fancy fingered guitar boys just laze around:lmao:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Sarge;2883928 said:
:starspin - I have so many wonderful, lasting memories of Weldon (Pops). So many of which I could never post all of them here in one thread. I remember when Pops first came around. I knew immediately he was a class act and a living Dallas Cowboys encyclopedia. He was always willing to share his memories. He lived for it. Just loved to talk Cowboys. He was a joy. A true joy.

As many of you know, I spend most of my time on this site in the morning hours, as did Weldon, and that is when we really got to know each other. We would get to chatting and posting (as did Winky and Yeags and others) every morning. We were ultimately referred to as "the morning crew." Well, in short order, Weldon made it known that he was, let's say "older" than most of us. He would say "wiser"...and he was correct. Anyways, one morning, I happened to say, "Morning Pops" and the name Pops was forever more. Who would have known? That is how Pops got his name. He got his reputation however, from just being himself, E. Weldon Parkkhill Jr. One of the sweetest, kindest, people I have ever had the the pleasure of knowing. It saddens me beyond words that he is gone.

On occasion, Reality and/or Hos will ask us, "how can we make this place even better?" - henceforth, my response will always be, "we could all strive be a little more like Pops!"

I raise my coffee cup to you my friend, my mentor. May God Bless you, good buddy....and until I get there...........one more time...

Morning Pops. :)

Well said, Sarge.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Morning Cbz --this is going to be a three cup morning-

Morning Juke-and the rest of you fine gentlemen (and ladies)

fjones

Reaction score
As someone who lurks alot, it is really touching to see the sense of community that exists here. I never spoke with Pops but I can tell he is well loved.

Good day everyone.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
never had a chat directly, but enjoyed his wisdom and sense of humor. take care pops.:starspin

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
justbob;2889578 said:
Morning Cbz --this is going to be a three cup morning-

Morning Juke-and the rest of you fine gentlemen (and ladies)

Hey Bob...hope you had fun watering the steer and rustling the goats and varnishing the antelope this morning.

I gotta find my garage door opener. :)

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Mourning Pops. Morning all.

Slept in this morning which is good because I didn't sleep much the night before.

Have a great day everybody! :starspin