Morris Claiborne is a free agent

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He's been impressive when on the field for the Jets, and last couple years with us.

An ideal low cost CB2 that another team should target.

Wonder if it's injury, attitude, or his asking price that has left him unsigned.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I'll admit it -- drafting him was the most excited I've ever been during a draft. I literally jumped out of my seat in the middle of a bar and started screaming, "Yes! Yes!"
I thought he was going to be great too, even though I didn't like giving up the pick for him. We were CB starved at the time though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you were watching the draft the year Claiborne was picked, you'd know that just about everyone had him as a top defensive prospect.

Just one of those guys where it never worked out. A true bust. Everyone had him wrong.

Everyone on TV was sold. Not everyone on Cowboy forums.

The media was pattern matching on Patrick Peterson from the previous year, who was a zillion times the athlete and not a head case like Claiborne, who blows off Wonderlic. "I'm dumb, and don't want to be exposed.". Two strikes.

Once he got over trying to live up to his draft spot, he played some good ball for us. And the Jets.
14 passes defended last year. That's a lot.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClaiMo00.htm

Tampa just offered him vet min. If we needed our usual cheap vet bridge, I think he'd be a deal at twice that. By the time he left us, it seemed like he got his head turned around and was playing pretty well, but for the injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I still remember how the talk coming out of college is that he had the best ball skills of any CB coming out in the last decade or so. Never materialized in the pros.

CB on great college team with great defense = you get a chance for a lot of easy INTs

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Already wasted 2 draft picks and way too much money on him. He can play here if hes wants to pay Jerry to play here.