Morris Claiborne is a free agent

CWR

Reaction score
I remember when 5 years into the league he learned how to study film. Good times.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Vet min please, so at least the jersey that I purchased in 2013 isn't a complete waste.
tenor.gif

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you were watching the draft the year Claiborne was picked, you'd know that just about everyone had him as a top defensive prospect.

Just one of those guys where it never worked out. A true bust. Everyone had him wrong.
Mel Kiper didn't like him...thought his best position would be a move to free safety. Looks like Mel might be right.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Mo's not coming back, he's a starter in the league and there's no room in Dallas.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If you were watching the draft the year Claiborne was picked, you'd know that just about everyone had him as a top defensive prospect.

Just one of those guys where it never worked out. A true bust. Everyone had him wrong.
I never liked the idea of Dallas trading up for him. The reason is I dont believe you trade up for a CB in the top 10 unless you think he is a shut down CB. In my book shut down CBs are rare and usually run in the 4.3s. Claibornes 4.5 forty yard time was a red flag. I think he was knee jerk reaction that came out of nowhere because he was never even on the list of the players that Dallas interviewed before the draft.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The worst part of this deal is that Jerry went on the record right after the draft that we'd have taken Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner if we didn't trade up.

Can you imagine Brockers and Wagner on those 2014 and 2016 teams? May have been enough...

My goodness that’s a literal kick in the balls to me right now. I need to lie down. Lol.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'll admit it -- drafting him was the most excited I've ever been during a draft. I literally jumped out of my seat in the middle of a bar and started screaming, "Yes! Yes!"

Haha!!! Funny, same exact scenario for me. I was at a bar watching with some friends and I was stoked when they traded up. I hopped out of my seat and was like, "YES!!!!!". The rest is history. :laugh:

I'd bring him back on a super cheap deal if possible but I don't think we necessarily need his services.

kskboys

Reaction score
The hoopla over Mo did not match his scouting report and his skillset. Never did understand why he was rated so highly by so many.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not saying pick him up. I just find it interesting that the guy we traded up to draft is becoming a journeyman.
They didn't even talk to him prior to the draft.
The due diligence was... astounding then.

I believe it was that goob before McClay who was handling the Draft that year.