Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's interesting is this was Morris' first FA visit and he signed a short term modest deal. That can only mean there wasn't much of a market for his services.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Garrett has been in someone's ear.
Replace all-world knucklehead Randle with an equally young, hard working, no nonsense, good dude....at a low price.

As long as they still consider RB a draft option (if the right player is there) I'm okay with this.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah like the Christmas when you wanted a bike but got socks and underwear instead

As long as they're not Commanders socks. We remember the last time that happened.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/robert-griffin-iii-Commanders-socks.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do y'all think this has to do with McFadden? He's cheap and he was good last year. Why would they replace him?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why do y'all think this has to do with McFadden? He's cheap and he was good last year. Why would they replace him?

Has it ever occurred that maybe he is a misfit even if he seemed productive? We had to go to more of a mixed blocking scheme because of some of his challenges running the zone.

I know I certainly would not want him around holding up progress if we drafted a quality young back in April.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
You know what, I was watching Zeke last night and I am not seeing anything close to a superstar. At all....his explosion is just not there and I see nice back not special. I would have been happy with a guy like Zeke in the 2nd but not at the 4th pick....

JMO though!

Ken - I know it's just your opinion but honestly he's very explosive. He had the 2nd most 10+ runs in the nation last year and the 6th most 20 yard runs. According to sports science, has the fastest five step acceleration or any back coming out. But setting aside that for a moment, Urban Meyer said he was the best player at all phases of his position he has ever coached.

He just doesn't block guys - he punishes them, is a natural pass catcher and had the best fumble to carry ratio in the country. In fact, his sophomore year he played with a broken wrist and fumbled ONCE the entire season. If he's in the Green Bay playoff game - we're in the NFC Championship game.

This isn't directed towards you but I will never understand this "in the box" thinking that you just aren't supposed to draft a RB in the first round. Every team, every situation, every position and need is different. He would impact the team more than any defensive player in the draft and if it's such a deep defensive draft as everyone says, we could still stockpile 8 or 9 players and if even 2 of them hit that's a good draft.

He brings back our '14 identity and affects everything, he affects the defense (like Demarco did), he affects TOP, 3rd down conversions, field position, red zone efficiency, goal line conversions and makes Romo even more dangerous than he was in '14. The field opens up for Dez, Wit while keeping safeties honest. He's young, healthy and cold give us 6 or 7 quality years. He's as close to getting the "Emmitt" factor as we've had since.

I know we're probably not going to get him and if we have a good defensive draft and improve and win, I'm fine. But I will never understand anybody who says "good" to not drafting Elliott.

And get ready - because he's never going to get by the Eagles or Giants.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

McFadden is a fraud. He got a lot of garbage yards in games that were already decided for the part. A true quality starter he is not. He should be replaced.

But have no fear. He won't be. This is about unleashing a rotation of backs on a league that might not be prepared for it.

Plankton

Reaction score
McFadden is a fraud. He got a lot of garbage yards in games that were already decided for the part. A true quality starter he is not. He should be replaced.

But have no fear. He won't be. This is about unleashing a rotation of backs on a league that might not be prepared for it.

You mean waves of running backs?

Waves?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What's interesting is this was Morris' first FA visit and he signed a short term modest deal. That can only mean there wasn't much of a market for his services.

I don't know. His 750 yards last year was quite impressive.

Ken

Reaction score
Ken - I know it's just your opinion but honestly he's very explosive. He had the 2nd most 10+ runs in the nation last year and the 6th most 20 yard runs. According to sports science, has the fastest five step acceleration or any back coming out. But setting aside that for a moment, Urban Meyer said he was the best player at all phases of his position he has ever coached.

He just doesn't block guys - he punishes them, is a natural pass catcher and had the best fumble to carry ratio in the country. In fact, his sophomore year he played with a broken wrist and fumbled ONCE the entire season. If he's in the Green Bay playoff game - we're in the NFC Championship game.

This isn't directed towards you but I will never understand this "in the box" thinking that you just aren't supposed to draft a RB in the first round. Every team, every situation, every position and need is different. He would impact the team more than any defensive player in the draft and if it's such a deep defensive draft as everyone says, we could still stockpile 8 or 9 players and if even 2 of them hit that's a good draft.

He brings back our '14 identity and affects everything, he affects the defense (like Demarco did), he affects TOP, 3rd down conversions, field position, red zone efficiency, goal line conversions and makes Romo even more dangerous than he was in '14. The field opens up for Dez, Wit while keeping safeties honest. He's young, healthy and cold give us 6 or 7 quality years. He's as close to getting the "Emmitt" factor as we've had since.

I know we're probably not going to get him and if we have a good defensive draft and improve and win, I'm fine. But I will never understand anybody who says "good" to not drafting Elliott.

And get ready - because he's never going to get by the Eagles or Giants.

All good info. Admittedly, i am basing my eval off a highlight film. I just saw giant holes and not great speed. On the college level i should see him pulling away from defenders and I just didnt see it.

I think on the Cowboys he would be great but I don't worry as much about him on the Eaglea or Giants.

Having said all that...i would be fine with us taking him!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like the signings. If we get Morris, Mayowa and PRobinson that is a good second wave.

Morris can carry the full load but hasn't shown much as a receiver. I don't think WAS knew how to use him.

He would have 70-80yds at half and then never get the ball again.

Plankton

Reaction score
Tsunami-like.

giphy.gif

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
They should have zero interest in Zeke at four regardless.
I'm more than ok with Henry, DMC, Morris combo.

Sydla

Reaction score
Has it ever occurred that maybe he is a misfit even if he seemed productive? We had to go to more of a mixed blocking scheme because of some of his challenges running the zone.

I know I certainly would not want him around holding up progress if we drafted a quality young back in April.

True but I was also going to go with the fact that maybe the Cowboys were actually smart and realized they couldn't rely on McFadden staying healthy again for a full season?