Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word has it Morris held out for one those Maaco paint jobs for his "Bentley".

erod

Reaction score
It takes him out of the equation. Frankly, he probably wasn't part of the equation anyway given how the Cowboys have been pretty clear about what money they would sink into the running back position.

All this does is just solidify the belief they'll probably do what they did last year which is look for a RB in that 3rd-4th round range.

It's starting to smell more and more like QB in round 1.

I'm fine with it, but they'd better be right.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
DMC is not a fraud. Is just an AVG RB. He is what he is. If people think he is better than AVG then the person thinking that is a fraud. DMC is better than Morris but Morris is a nice fall back option when DMC gets injured.

What if Morris was brought in for 1,2 downs and DMC is sent back to COP/3rd down back?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I still prefer them draft Zeke or Henry.
If Dunbar not recovered well enough, still nee a RB. McFadden can take over his role, Elliot or Henry as the main RB. Morris to be backup. and still have Rod Smith in the mix.

That's...insane. I wouldn't hold your breath on Zeke or Henry, this signing guarantees we go in a different direction at #4.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's bizarre is that you would underestimate the Giants with OBJ, Cruz and Elliott. I know they have holes elsewhere and so do we but a player like Elliott going to a division rival counts.

Everything matters and while we can certainly dictate on offense the defense hasn't exactly been known to "do it's job" the past few years.

You can't draft to block. This isn't Hollywood Squares and we're seated in the center. If he goes to a division rival, so be it. Good luck getting into football heaven with Carson of Bismarck in Cowboys colors.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Elite RB's do not win games for the team. Elite QB's don't even do that. Teams win games. Passing, running, defense, special teams. Running might actually have the least on winning/losing out of those elements.

Tell that to Emmitt vs the gnats in the playoffs, he put his team on his back and carried them to a win that day. Tell that to ALL Day last year as he carried his team on his back to the playoffs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DMC is not a fraud. Is just an AVG RB. He is what he is. If people think he is better than AVG then the person thinking that is a fraud. DMC is better than Morris but Morris is a nice fall back option when DMC gets injured.

McFadden is not a better pure runner than Morris. Particularly between the tackles. But he is more versatile.

The fraud label comes from those thinking he's a good starting RB. He is not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Drafting Ezekiel Elliot is looking like a less liking prospect after this. I'm thinking maybe Bosa now.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I could see guys like Kenyan Drake, CJ Prosise or Paul Perkins in the 4th

Maybe so. I don't really like Drake personally. Would rather take a risk on Marshall in the 5th if he's there. More versatile if he can stay healthy which Drake has had problems with himself. Booker and Dixon are by far my favorites for the 2nd-3rd at RB, with Howard, Henry, Collins and Williams also being options that could push McFadden right off the roster. I've had Booker on my wishlist for over a year but I'm worried the Cowboys are going to shy away from him due to age.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Maybe so. I don't really like Drake personally. Would rather take a risk on Marshall in the 5th if he's there. More versatile if he can stay healthy which Drake has had problems with himself. Booker and Dixon are by far my favorites for the 2nd-3rd at RB, with Howard, Henry, Collins and Williams also being options that could push McFadden right off the roster. I've had Booker on my wishlist for over a year but I'm worried the Cowboys are going to shy away from him due to age.

I like Drake's versatility and I'm not worried about his injuries.

Dixon or that kid from Oregon might fit best if Dunbar can't make it back as the scatback.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I stilk think Ramsey is in play too

Wentz, Goff, Ramsey or Bosa will be a Cowboy. It's incredibly hard to narrow it down any more than that right now though. If they bring the QBs in for visits though, you probably have to have them at the top of the list.