Mort: "Carson Wentz is shockingly ahead of schedule"

1nfljunky

Reaction score
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...hockingly-ahead-of-schedule-recovery-knee-acl

Throwing 60 yards effortlessly already? In another article, Ertz said he is stronger already than last year. Please just be hype. I don't want this guy haunting us for the next ten years.
10 years? It’ll be more like 12-15 years. All the folks here saying he’ll never be the same, lol. He’ll be better THIS year! He is bigger and stronger and has more experience. The one aspect of his game that is better than any of his physical abilities is the mental part of his game. He out thinks the defense.
Even at this stage of his development he is very good with his pre snap reads. Watching the all 22 tape you see just how he manipulates the defense to put them in a disadvantage. He is in the building everyday watching film at 5:30am. Everyday. This cat is a different animal.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s going to be starting, week 1.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
He’s going to be starting, week 1.
I think that remains to been seen. The team may hold hm back while showcasing Foles. Or they just may be very cautious in their approach. In either case I don’t think there’s any pressure to do one or the other. If they don’t trade Foles by game 3 or 4 of the pre season I don’t think Carson starts.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

mcmvp

Reaction score
He won't be the same running threat. Making him easier to gameplan for. The question is. Can we execute that gameplan?

That depends if the Cowboys were using a spy to defend him in the past. I don’t recall that they did, nor should they have. He’s not a running QB...he’s a Qb that can run. There’s a difference. He will still have plenty enough mobility to see a lane, move the chains...and slide or get out of bounds.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That depends if the Cowboys were using a spy to defend him in the past. I don’t recall that they did, nor should they have. He’s not a running QB...he’s a Qb that can run. There’s a difference. He will still have plenty enough mobility to see a lane, move the chains...and slide or get out of bounds.
Just not with the same confidence. I hope

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Ax
He won't be the same running threat. Making him easier to gameplan for. The question is. Can we execute that gameplan?
His game was never about running. He does it when he has to. Whatever limitations you think he’ll have won’t get in the way of what he will do. He’s been running for 6 weeks now. Where do you think he’ll be 12 weeks from now?

Xelda

Reaction score
@1nfljunky the main concern going forward is watching out for dirty players. I wish that wasn't the case, but it always has been.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ax

His game was never about running. He does it when he has to. Whatever limitations you think he’ll have won’t get in the way of what he will do. He’s been running for 6 weeks now. Where do you think he’ll be 12 weeks from now?
I've been around torn ACLs for over 30 years. Running is not cutting and bursting. Anyway, I know the physical part takes 18 months to fully heal. The mental part of it varies from player to player. It is more dangerous when the mind heals before the body. Just my view, seen it way too many times.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that remains to been seen. The team may hold hm back while showcasing Foles. Or they just may be very cautious in their approach. In either case I don’t think there’s any pressure to do one or the other. If they don’t trade Foles by game 3 or 4 of the pre season I don’t think Carson starts.

They definitely could. If I'm the Eagles, I want the last tape of Foles out there to be the last two playoff games he played. But then, I didn't think Foles was a traceable commodity anyway, and it sounds like you guys have had some possible interest.

But I don't think it ends up being a case where you feel like you're rushing him. I think he'll be legitimately back, and the only issue will be curbing his impulses to run in certain situations. From the outset, though, he took some big unnecessary hits out of the pocket. He needs to be careful about that if he wants the long and successful career in front of him.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
@1nfljunky the main concern going forward is watching out for dirty players. I wish that wasn't the case, but it always has been.
EVERY player in the league knows there are players the league will protect. In his short career Carson has put himself on that list. Anyone who takes a cheap shot will line themselves up for a charity donation.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ax

His game wasn't about running, how ironic. Since that's how he got hurt. Eagles have a good backup, they need to ease Wentz back in or risk long term damage. I like the kid, wish him the best.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EVERY player in the league knows there are players the league will protect. In his short career Carson has put himself on that list. Anyone who takes a cheap shot will line themselves up for a charity donation.
Every QB is on that list.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given the fact he is in Philly with some pretty ruthless fans and coming off a SB with Foles at QB. I think if Wentz gets off to a slow start those fans will turn on him quickly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
******. I gotta go back and find that guy who was hammering me for saying I thought Wentz would be back for week 1. I can't remember which of all y'all it was who doubted me, just because some *doctors* said otherwise. But I was right. Again.

How do I keep doing it? Is it freaking anybody else out?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Alright, time for some serious talk. Because of this development, we'd accept... Connor Williams, Cooper Rush, and next year's 3 for Nick Foles. Think about it. Where will Dak take you that Nick hasn't already been? You want your WR corps to look like an NFL caliber chain gang and not Dak's next excuse? Give Nick Foles a dominant O-line and a reliable run game and watch the magic unfold.

Reactions: C42