Mort: "Carson Wentz is shockingly ahead of schedule"

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Even if he does start week one, with this type of injury it's only natural for him to tread softly and favor his knee........RGIII never did mentally recover.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Is it possible that the rest of the Eagles are just shockingly behind schedule and he's ahead only by comparison? :D

River82

Reaction score
The people on here who think that their mobile QB (who uses his athleticism to escape defenders to prolong downs as well as rush for yards) will be better than ever because he can still throw are huffing things.

Wentz will never be the same, end of story. You'll see that this season.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ax

His game was never about running. He does it when he has to. Whatever limitations you think he’ll have won’t get in the way of what he will do. He’s been running for 6 weeks now. Where do you think he’ll be 12 weeks from now?

Lol, exactly.

Dude scrambled for 299 yards and folks are making him out to be Michael Vick.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Pocket passer

I guess you and I can continue to argue but there are plenty of examples of players that have had productive careers after knee surgery and also plenty who haven't. The point I'd like to accentuate is none of us knows whether he'll perform well, superbly, or sub-par. NONE of us! We'll all have to wait and see the level of his play. Whether he pocket passes or not his effectiveness is yet to be seen. As said above he's not Michael Vick!

As a Cowboy fan I'm pulling for him to come out of this well! He seems to be a really good dude, not mirroring the typical Richard characteristics I see coming out of Philthy.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Lol, exactly.

Dude scrambled for 299 yards and folks are making him out to be Michael Vick.

It comes from wishful thinking. It’s sad, but there are people that truly want him to be ‘done’. Whether it’s because they want their guy getting the accolades, or they just fear him...who knows. But it’s just that...wishful thinking.

I suppose there’s always a chance he keeps injuring it and they turn out to be right. That would be just bad luck for him and good luck for those that wish it...not because they know anything for certain now. It’s sad and quite silly...but whatever.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/watching-quarterback-carson-wentz-attack-his-injury-rehab-nothing-short-incredible?amp

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I know the physical part takes 18 months to fully heal
I've been around torn ACLs for over 30 years. Running is not cutting and bursting. Anyway, I know the physical part takes 18 months to fully heal.

If you've been around torn ACLs for 30 years then you know it's not the terrible injury it was 30 years ago, medical science has come a long way. And most take 18 months to fully heal, but Adrian Peterson came back in 8 months and ran for over 2,000 yards, can't see him running that well if the knee wasn't fully healed. Everybody is different, I can see Wentz being back by opening day, not out of the realm of possibility...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can't stand the Eagles, but I have to admit Wentz is a really good quarterback. I think they found their man, but they've also built an outstanding team around him, so much so that a good backup in Foles was able to be effective.

I can't stand the Eagles, or more accurately, their fans, but I gotta respect the job they're doing.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I can't stand the Eagles, but I have to admit Wentz is a really good quarterback. I think they found their man, but they've also built an outstanding team around him, so much so that a good backup in Foles was able to be effective.

I can't stand the Eagles, or more accurately, their fans, but I gotta respect the job they're doing.

One SB win doesn't impress me that much, let's see them make the playoffs for 8-9 straight years or win 3 SBs in 4 years, then I'll respect them...

1nfljunky

Reaction score
One SB win doesn't impress me that much, let's see them make the playoffs for 8-9 straight years or win 3 SBs in 4 years, then I'll respect them...
That sounds like the Andy Reid years, without the glass ceiling of not winning a SB. That’s been forever shattered. Same formula though.
1) Franchise QB. Check.
2) Great offensive scheme. Check
3) Great defensive scheme. Check
4) Strong Special Teams. Check
5) Great balance. Check.
Not saying it’ll happen but they’ve put themselves in great position to repeat.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Wentz ran for only 299 yards. BUT he does what exactly Tony Romo did in the pocket, runs in circles and made magic happen last year. Playing that way does shorten your career, he did have a serious knee Injury and putting that much pressure on your knee will be a problem, especially with the way he avoids sacks, don’t kid yourself eagle fans. That knee will be a problem if he plays the same way, saying that he has a great IQ for the game and one hell of an arm, so the comparison I’ve seen with RG3 on his knee injury is hilarious. Wentz has a good line too.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Not going to let my bias get in the way, and give an honest opinion. Wentz will be fine. The guy has a cannon arm.

Now avoiding being sacked by our young hungry D Line, before he gets rid of the ball, is a different story. ;)

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Never buy these headlines.

Player X is shockingly ahead of schedule from devastating knee injury?

Not that I wish voodoo on him, but I don't buy these tropes. What are your other favorites?

Veteran X states he is in "the best shape of his life."

zerofill

Reaction score
That sounds like the Andy Reid years, without the glass ceiling of not winning a SB. That’s been forever shattered. Same formula though.
1) Franchise QB. Check.
2) Great offensive scheme. Check
3) Great defensive scheme. Check
4) Strong Special Teams. Check
5) Great balance. Check.
Not saying it’ll happen but they’ve put themselves in great position to repeat.

You guys have to start paying some contracts soon though don't you? The Eagles are in cap hell aren't they? Or did they find a way to work that out?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Never buy these headlines.

Player X is shockingly ahead of schedule from devastating knee injury?

Not that I wish voodoo on him, but I don't buy these tropes. What are your other favorites?

Veteran X states he is in "the best shape of his life."

Not buying the headlines, but when I see a guy dancing around on the field and throwing sharp passes, that indicates to me the guy's doing pretty well, and with opening day still about 3 months away, like I said, not out of the realm of possibility he could be starting on opening day.

Not that I care about what happens with Wentz or the iggles, but you have to pay attention to what's going on with other teams to be prepared yourself for the season....