Twitter: Mortensen: Jerry Jones infatuated with Pitts

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Man...I am suddenly uber hopeful for the current team. When the George Costanza of the board says something like this, it means the team must be ready to do amazing things.

Oh yeah because this team just constantly proves me wrong all the time.

stiletto

Reaction score
Oh yeah because this team just constantly proves me wrong all the time.

Dude it's like everyone is saying. You say 25 as wrong things as possible and throw in 1 obvious right thing that it is easy to be right about then claim victory. You are like the wimp that used to jump on the pile at the end of a play in Pop Warner games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no issue with Jerry and or the Cowboys having a strong interest in Pitts, they are not the only team that has a big interest in Pitts. Myself I hope to see Surtain at 10 but if Pitts is there at 10 I have no issue with it but I do not want the Cowboys interest in Pitts to be so strong that they are willing to trade picks to get him. If he falls in our lap fine outside of that I think would be a mistake

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude it's like everyone is saying. You say 25 as wrong things as possible and throw in 1 obvious right thing that it is easy to be right about then claim victory. You are like the wimp that used to jump on the pile at the end of a play in Pop Warner games.

Give examples or shut your mouth how bout that.

It’s so funny how some of you weirdo’s just constantly come at me and I never go out of my way to individually have a go at any of you.

Who would’ve thought that having a opinion about Dak being trash value, which I think is common sense, would have so many poster panties in a bunch. I am on a Cowboys message board so I gotta remember that this is where delusional super fan is going to hang out.

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score

It’s so funny how some of you weirdo’s just constantly come at me and I never go out of my way to individually have a go at any of you.

Who would’ve thought that having a opinion about Dak being trash value, which I think is common sense, would have so many poster panties in a bunch. I am on a Cowboys message board so I gotta remember that this is where delusional super fan is going to hang out.

LOL did I touch a nerve? I think people pretty much have summed up your shenanigans.... :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL did I touch a nerve? I think people pretty much have summed up your shenanigans.... :laugh:

What shenanigans..? Give examples or again shut your mouth.

You talk a lot of trash and know so much about my posts.. Please do tell.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
this just in Jags decide to take Pitts #1 he has to be the best !!

i mean his hype is at King Kong Vs Godzilla Levels ..how in the world can the jags pas sup such a generational TE, lock HOF, Best TE to ever be drafted in the NFL

will make Gonzalez and Gronk look like Jags.. no way the Jags or Jets should pass on this guy..:facepalm::muttley:

seriously if this dude doesnt have 1400 yards and 25tds his rookie season, its a failure..seriously that the hype unstoppable uncoverable cant be stopped..
Ive brought up several posts why Pitts should be drafted at 10 and several posts to go another direction completely.
I believe there is no validity in the pro Pitts or anti Pitts,, if Dallas somehow finds a way to screw up this 10th overall then they deserve their own demise.
We are going to be staring at a glut of draftable talent at 10,,, many of the draft niks will burn through two bags of Cheetos extra crunchy flaming hot between picks 4-9.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ive brought up several posts why Pitts should be drafted at 10 and several posts to go another direction completely.
I believe there is no validity in the pro Pitts or anti Pitts,, if Dallas somehow finds a way to screw up this 10th overall then they deserve their own demise.
We are going to be staring at a glut of draftable talent at 10,,, many of the draft niks will burn through two bags of Cheetos extra crunchy flaming hot between picks 4-9.
really so the other 22 picks plus 6more rounds might as well be cancelled since talent is gone by 10..LMAO history says otherwise there HOF player Undrafted, drafted 6th round and many PB types like Tj Watt taken way late in the first Aaron Rogers etc etc you can find great players all over the draft..

not sure how the draft stop producing after 10...ridiculous thought and statement..

get over it more then5 of the first 10 picks will be disappointments as usual because one most are QBs and is worse then 50% hits and others are reaches because of hype..theres 7 rounds for reason and top 10 is nice but no guarantee just like Pitts and others..

we will be fine with any of the choices laid out parsons, Horn, Surtain or possible, which i dont want one, of the great OL or Pitts..any of those wont be "screwing it up"

KB1122

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had tanked, we wouldn't need a trade to get him, now would we?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
really so the other 22 picks plus 6more rounds might as well be cancelled since talent is gone by 10..LMAO history says otherwise there HOF player Undrafted, drafted 6th round and many PB types like Tj Watt taken way late in the first Aaron Rogers etc etc you can find great players all over the draft..

not sure how the draft stop producing after 10...ridiculous thought and statement..

get over it more then5 of the first 10 picks will be disappointments as usual because one most are QBs and is worse then 50% hits and others are reaches because of hype..theres 7 rounds for reason and top 10 is nice but no guarantee just like Pitts and others..

we will be fine with any of the choices laid out parsons, Horn, Surtain or possible, which i dont want one, of the great OL or Pitts..any of those wont be "screwing it up"
Dont know where you got that from my post, where did I say the draft is only one round? :huh:
My response was directed at the available options at 10 are bountiful, almost to the point of a log jam...

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head.....throw out as many predictions as possible and just like a blind squirrl that finds a nut once in a while, you bound to hit on one and thats the one you keep throwing at people...

this dude, had predicted so many things about so many QBs and had been wrong about them, including Watson and Mahomes who he didn't think were NFL type QBs.....and he keeps predicting more QBs and this year he has tied his wagon to Wilson, even going as far as saying he knew about Wilson before it became a thing in NFL circles..... when I called him on it, he back tracked and said he is great, has great potential, has better traits than Dak, but he could fail in the NFL. literally being on both sides of the fence at once (or attempting to)....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I can list 6 QBs you have endorsed and not endorsed that you were wrong on.....

we can dig more very easily....the internet doesn't forget

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Isn't the whole idea of paying top price for a quarterback so that you can have lesser talents around him that he can lift, like Tom Brady? We would have a $40 million quarterback with a top 5 draft pick at RB, a top 5 TE, a top 5 WR who we spent 2 first round picks to get and another first round pick at WR.

Why would we spend that much on a quarterback and that much draft capital on the parts around him, all on one side of the ball?

Is that a way to build a team?
that's a great point. regardless pItts being touted as generetional talent at TE would be hard to pass up on, think Kelce, Gronk and what they did for those offenses.

there is also a point that we need to hit the 10th pick. nail it. and given that in the past 10 years we have picked 4 defensive players and each one has been bad, is food for thought. do we become gun shy? or do we draft a defensive player like Surtain.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Forgive if this has already been said specifically or in so many words... pretty sure it has, but in case it hasn't...

If one really is persuaded that Pitts is Triple Crown material, and yet also really is persuaded that we already have a potent couple of Kentucky Derby-worthy thoroughbred TEs in the barn... and yet also really is persuaded that we direly need to upgrade talent on the defensive side...

Is it at least plausible that you could trade Blake Jarwin or Dalton Schultz or both for some proven defensive talent? By that I mean, not draft picks, but one or more starter-caliber vets...?

rambo2

Reaction score
If Pitts is there at 10. It is a slam dunk to take him. By taking him they get him and also keep him off a division rival. If they didn't take him, it would be worse than passing on Randy Moss. They could be looking at going against Pitts for a decade on the Giants. He could be one of the greatest player in the history of the Giants.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If Pitts is there at 10. It is a slam dunk to take him. By taking him they get him and also keep him off a division rival. If they didn't take him, it would be worse than passing on Randy Moss. They could be looking at going against Pitts for a decade on the Giants. He could be one of the greatest player in the history of the Giants.
Like Ive been saying,, its a log jam at the 10,, Im done debating all sides for all available talent piling up up at the ten.
Possible log jams at 10, such a horrible problem to have...
Sewell - maybe
Chase - maybe
Slater - probable
Surtain - probable
Horn - probable
Smith - likely
Waddle - Likely
Pitts - doubtfull
Mac Jones - cant figure him out yet, did SF take him off the board already at 3?
My point being is that there is huge value at 10, great slot in this draft.