Twitter: Mortensen: Jerry Jones infatuated with Pitts

reddyuta

Reaction score
Fear not my friend. Miami isn't moving from pick 6. There's a bidding war for the Falcons pick at 4. So lets remove them. If neither draft Pitts and the Bengals draft Devonta Smith, It's possible Jerry may trade up with Detroit. It should only cost a 3rd rounder. Would Detroit do that? Yeah, if they're stupid. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
it would cost more than a 3rd ,probably Gallup too.

Flamma

Reaction score
it would cost more than a 3rd ,probably Gallup too.

Right. I was just going by the chart. But to be honest, throw out the chart when it comes to the first round. Too many different scenarios can arise. Like in this case if Pitts is available at 7. The Lions would be better off drafting Pitts than getting a 3rd rounder from the Cowboys. That's a no brainer.

phildadon86

Reaction score
But Dalton has a higher winning percentage. According to you, that means Dalton is better.
Well I mean, this is the same guy who said Kaaya and Beathard would be better pros than Watson and Mahomes. So. Yeah. Theres that. He also goes on about Russell Wilson and how much of a difference maker he is. Yet when he went up against that same Rams defense he likes to throw in Daks face. He had an identical stat line. Then you bring up Dak beating Wilson in the playoffs and he says Seattle didnt have a good team. Its always a move and a pivot. Hes just still angry that Dez Bryants play fell off a cliff when Dak took over and blames Dak for that and cries in his Dez Byrant PJ's nightly about it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Surtain and Pitts are available at 10. Not possible in my opinion. I think the Cowboys draft Surtain. If the Florida corner was there at 17 last season. The Cowboys would have picked him over CeeDee.

Creeper

Reaction score
Another piece like Chase or Pitts has the ability to push mismatches now.
How do you cover our 3-4th option, run Zeke out of the backfield in a 3wr set and lets see what Zeke brings in opposing defensive schemes,, then you really have a defense on their heels when your offense can dictate Run vs Pass.
All Im saying is that there is a fairly decent chance that Pitts or Chase but not both, get to ten.

I don't disagree with any of this although if they select Chase they should trade one of their other WRs.

KB1122

Reaction score
Isn't the whole idea of paying top price for a quarterback so that you can have lesser talents around him that he can lift, like Tom Brady? We would have a $40 million quarterback with a top 5 draft pick at RB, a top 5 TE, a top 5 WR who we spent 2 first round picks to get and another first round pick at WR.

Why would we spend that much on a quarterback and that much draft capital on the parts around him, all on one side of the ball?

Is that a way to build a team?

J-man

Reaction score
And just like that, everyone is talking about the Cowboys again. Man is a friggin marketing genius!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Like in this case if Pitts is available at 7. The Lions would be better off drafting Pitts than getting a 3rd rounder from the Cowboys. That's a no brainer.

Detroit, in 2019 used a top 10 pick on TE TJ Hockenson. I just can’t see them going TE twice in 3 years in the top 10.

Also, they badly need WR in Detroit. They lost Kenny Golliday and Marvin Jones making WR their biggest need. So, they’re likely looking at that position at pick 7. Probably either Smith or Waddle.... both which will probably still be available at pick 10.

So getting value for a trade back and still being able to draft the same guy you wanted at 7, is very smart.

If Pitts is there at 7 and Dallas moves u- 3 spots, it would probably be good for both teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why does Pitts get valued so much by you guys and experts lol, and the guy who threw all the passes to him is considered to be so so??
people often times say the qb made the wr, like romo used to make guys look good, I forget the guy who was with dallas one season
then got a big contract with jags.
also romo made dez , but then dak couldnt throw those same type passes that romo could.

So did trask make pitts look good, or did pitts make trask look good?
I saw one game where pitts got concussed and missed the 2nd half, and trask still had big day and won without him.

I think pitts could be overrated.

Flamma

Reaction score
Detroit, in 2019 used a top 10 pick on TE TJ Hockenson. I just can’t see them going TE twice in 3 years in the top 10.

Also, they badly need WR in Detroit. They lost Kenny Golliday and Marvin Jones making WR their biggest need. So, they’re likely looking at that position at pick 7. Probably either Smith or Waddle.... both which will probably still be available at pick 10.

So getting value for a trade back and still being able to draft the same guy you wanted at 7, is very smart.

If Pitts is there at 7 and Dallas moves u- 3 spots, it would probably be good for both teams.

Yes it is very smart. But you overlooked one minor detail. This was about if Pitts was there at 7. If that's the case it's probably just Waddle on the board with him. Does Detroit risk not getting any?

rambo2

Reaction score
Of course he is interested. He should be interested in the 2nd ranked player in the entire draft. This isn't news.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well I mean, this is the same guy who said Kaaya and Beathard would be better pros than Watson and Mahomes. So. Yeah. Theres that. He also goes on about Russell Wilson and how much of a difference maker he is. Yet when he went up against that same Rams defense he likes to throw in Daks face. He had an identical stat line. Then you bring up Dak beating Wilson in the playoffs and he says Seattle didnt have a good team. Its always a move and a pivot. Hes just still angry that Dez Bryants play fell off a cliff when Dak took over and blames Dak for that and cries in his Dez Byrant PJ's nightly about it.

LOL.........and he even has some BS answer for the Mahomes and Watson debacle. Can never just admit like a man "I was wrong".

Dez? I had forgotten that one. He was one of the ones trumpeting that Dak would go win a SB with another team after we were just all telling him that Dez was done. Thanks for reminding me, more ammo.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes it is very smart. But you overlooked one minor detail. This was about if Pitts was there at 7. If that's the case it's probably just Waddle on the board with him. Does Detroit risk not getting any?
If Dallas took Pitts at 7 and both Waddle and Smith are still on the board, they would almost be guaranteed that one or both would be there at 10. Denver isn’t going to take a WR and it is pretty well known that Carolina is going to pick an OL.

So, yeah, I think it would be good for Detroit to move back from 7 to 10 and still get who they wanted at 7.

It’s all just speculation anyway, so who knows what’s going to happen?

Motorola

Reaction score
If Dallas took Pitts at 7 and both Waddle and Smith are still on the board, they would almost be guaranteed that one or both would be there at 10. Denver isn’t going to take a WR and it is pretty well known that Carolina is going to pick an OL.

So, yeah, I think it would be good for Detroit to move back from 7 to 10 and still get who they wanted at 7.

That's why I think this draft will generate high viewership across all platforms.
(Is Vegas generating prop bets on the "Spectacle by the Lake"?

Flamma

Reaction score

Yes, in your scenario. I'm saying it's highly unlikely Pitts, Smith, and Waddle are there at 7. Probably 2 out of 3. In that case all it would take is a team like Philly to trade up with Denver to lock Detroit out.

I guess it just depends on who is on the board at 7.

nobody

Reaction score
He probably has to see how they look in the shower before he decides to draft them. He loves him some tight bu... I mean Tight ends.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So, Jerry's infatuated, huh? Sure sounds like he's been victimized by that killer disease known as "puppy love!" :muttley:
One magical glance at his beloved in the shower and it hits him like a ton of bricks! It's the "Aikman Syndrome!! :omg:

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
I’m a loyal dude.

I hate this current team and I still cheer for them. (Unless cheering against them improves our draft position)

Man...I am suddenly uber hopeful for the current team. When the George Costanza of the board says something like this, it means the team must be ready to do amazing things.