Mortensen: Pederson not safe in Philly

Nav22

Reaction score
It was only meaningless to loser tankers. No offense meant....lol
Funny that you think every team tries their very hardest to win every week. You should watch more NFL football than you do.

Week 17 is annually chockfull of teams either tanking or barely trying. Eagles-Washington was no different.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What crap is that?

Using a meaningless game for him to evaluate another QB?
i agree that was NOT tanking most of the payers that didnt play were legitimately hurt, and Hurts was playing poorly and yanked in the 4th QTR the 4TH FOURTH Quarter..got it not all game the last 15mins

that snot tanking and not cheating and is being over overblown. i see teams like PB sit payers to rest and allow a team like CLE a free pass into the playoffs and while MIA had to battle a full compliment of the bills teams..

lifes not fair nor is sports but its not cheating nor was that actually tanking..

JayFord

Reaction score
Its warranted

How do you go 4-11-1 when you're the only team in the nfc east with the same coaches and players from a successful past and not mauled by injuries

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny that you think every team tries their very hardest to win every week. You should watch more NFL football than you do.

Week 17 is annually chockfull of teams either tanking or barely trying. Eagles-Washington was no different.
I watch plenty, doesn't mean I agree with it. Tanking is for losers......isn't that their goal? To lose...I don't know why people get offended. They want to lose, therefore, they are losers or winners in their mind, because they lost.

bewp7

Reaction score
must be nice to have a organization with accountibility!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So, there is a chance Jason Garrett can still be the Eagle’s HC. Nice.

The owner only has to look at who made the final draft decisions for a scapegoat. Who chose Reagor over Jefferson? Who chose Arcega Whiteside over Metcalf?

The Eagles would be SB contenders this year if they had Metcalf and Jefferson.

Nav22

Reaction score
I watch plenty, doesn't mean I agree with it. Tanking is for losers......isn't that their goal? To lose...I don't know why people get offended. They want to lose, therefore, they are losers or winners in their mind, because they lost.
If Philly’s goal all along was to lose, why did they play Jalen Hurts for 3+ quarters? Why not play Sudfeld for the entire game?

They treated it like a preseason game, just like Pittsburgh did when they sat Big Ben in Week 17. Good for them. Do whatever you think is best for your team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This makes sense. If you can’t win with Carson Wentz as your QB. There is no hope for you as a coach.

cern

Reaction score
What needs to be evaluated is who is more important to a team. The hc or the gm (bean counter). I say the coach. Bean counters get their info from a kiper or mayock app.

Havic

Reaction score
Pederson deserves 1-2 more years with that organization. If it comes down to him or Wentz, he may be let go soon.

Brax

Reaction score
“Integrity of the game”

Keeping and incompetent HC for 10 years just because you are comfortable with him does not affect the integrity of the game

having your incompetent self as the GM for life does not affect the integrity of the game

but playing the back up to evaluate him in a totally meaningless game trashed the integrity of the game ?

If the owner does things blatantly detrimental to the team year after year after year that’s ok but if the HC does something that might help him in one game that’s detrimental to the integrity of the game?

Please spare me
Funny about half this board wanted to tank for at least 5 games, and they have no problem with a team not playing their best players for a whole game that effects the whole conference and play off game seating's but replacing a QB that was 7-20 and what 72 yards on one of the worse teams in football and the only implication was to terrible teams in it's own division and that's a outrage to the game to them. Just shows you the hypocrisy and pathetic homers they are. If MM and Jerry did this they would be proclaiming them geniuses and reveling in the 6th over all pick. Really sad people .

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pederson was always overrated in PHI. Reich was the better coaching hire on that 2017 staff.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have to believe he's safe for at least 1 more year. What was done against the Commanders came from the top. He gets one more year.