Twitter: Mosher's short list of potential 1st round players to start watching

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  1. Joseph is an unknown commodity

2. Brown is a known commodity; good depth guy but not an ideal long term starter

3. Lewis is a known commodity and not a very good cover corner IMO

4. Wright is an unknown commodity but I think he’s ceiling is as a core special teamer and package guy
I’m not passing up corner if that’s the top prospect on the board because of reasons 1, 3 and 4.

Then I’m glad you’re not involved in the decision.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
The only way I am taking a CB in the first, is if their is a true Deion Sanders impact type player setting there.

Why would there be a Deion Sanders type CB setting at 24 in the 1st?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m surprised it wasn’t further adjusted for the Cowboys. They’re not taking a corner or a quarterback for sure and I doubt they’d be interested in a few of those other positions.

I don't think they would take Davis in the first either. They only view DTs with pass rushing ability as first rounders and Davis is viewed as a 2 down player.
I agree that Pickett will not be considered
I don't think they would plan on a CB with the first however if one fell and their board is wiped of other players they like, they could go that route but I kind of doubt it. If anything I think Safety would be more aligned with need and BPA at that spot due to having such a small safety corp right now, however we also know how they feel about the FS positions so that is probably out as well.

I think, depending on what we do at DE with Tank and Gregory, and what we do with Amari and Gallup...that Oline, DE or WR will be the pick in the first.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they would take Davis in the first either. They only view DTs with pass rushing ability as first rounders and Davis is viewed as a 2 down player.
I agree that Pickett will not be considered
I don't think they would plan on a CB with the first however if one fell and their board is wiped of other players they like, they could go that route but I kind of doubt it. If anything I think Safety would be more aligned with need and BPA at that spot due to having such a small safety corp right now, however we also know how they feel about the FS positions so that is probably out as well.

I think, depending on what we do at DE with Tank and Gregory, and what we do with Amari and Gallup...that Oline, DE or WR will be the pick in the first.

I think it’s either DE (a) or OL (b).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Drafting a CB wouldn't be my first choice, but if the board breaks that way I wouldn't be against it. I'm all for adding talent at premium positions, and our current crop of guys isn't so bulletproof that I don't think we need to add more.

To be frank, I'm not even sold as Diggs as a good cover corner yet... he got beat a LOT, and while his ball skills are undeniable, picks are a high-variance stat. Imagine he gets 3 INTs next year but takes another 1000 yards of roasting. If that happens, we'll probably be looking high-round corners in the 2023 draft.

Kaiir Elam is a name I'll be watching in the 1st round. Man-coverage rocket who wants no part of tackling. Ran stride for stride with Jameson Williams and John Metchie no problem. He actually kind of reminds me of Kelvin Joseph. I haven't heard a lot of talk about him so far, but if he shows up to the Combine and posts a 40 time in the 4.3s, I bet that will change.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Depending on how the board fell I would have zero issues taking Karlaftis at #24.

I was critical of him but that was at the notion of him being like a Top 5-10 pick.

I think he’ll show he’s a much better athlete than what he’s purported to be.

I am of the same mind with him. There's some risk there that I wouldn't take at say 10, but at 24, with our need along the DL, it's a risk I might take.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think it’s either DE (a) or OL (b).
The better play/value thing for right now....picking at 24....may be to grab a LB and play Parsons at DE all the more often.

Essentially drafting a DE at 24 so to speak.

Dean is probably the guy, and I think we will see him mocked to Dallas almost as much as we saw Surtain there last year.

Zion Johnson feels right as well.

I think Green will be gone, and Linderbaum gets a 2nd round grade from Dallas.

If there's a silver lining around here, there's generally nice value in the 20s at interior OL and OLB.

Need meeting availability.

cowboyec

Reaction score
kenyon green,og-texas a&m
zion johnson,og-boston college
jermaine johnson,de-fsu
travon walker,de-georgia
jordan davis,dt-georgia
chris olave,wr-ohio st
jameson williams,wr-bama

my magnificent 7....just gimmie 1.
please and thank you.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Then I’m glad you’re not involved in the decision.

Right, says the guy that would make personnel decisions by simply listing how players were acquired not actually how they played, luulz.

“Hey guyz, we drafted Nashon Wright in the 3rd round…..[checks the roster]…..we’re good!”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, says the guy that would make personnel decisions by simply listing how players were acquired not actually how they played, luulz.

“Hey guyz, we drafted Nashon Wright in the 3rd round…..[checks the roster]…..we’re good!”

No, better yet go with your ‘strategy’ undoubtedly written in crayon. Forget the guys you drafted last year. They’re ‘unknowns’. Just keep on with the vicious cycle and draft the same position year after year. After all, they’re all just ‘unknowns’.

You've earned two.

:facepalm::facepalm:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, better yet go with your ‘strategy’ undoubtedly written in crayon. Forget the guys you drafted last year. They’re ‘unknowns’. Just keep on with the vicious cycle and draft the same position year after year. After all, they’re all just ‘unknowns’.

You've earned two.

Loool, You got your feelings hurt.

“Boyz! We got Nashon Wright in the 3rd and Jordan Lewis….WE ARE SET!!!”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loool, You got your feelings hurt.

Sure thing, project that fragile ego. I'm not the guy with a truly awful draft plan. That would be you.

“Boyz! We got Nashon Wright in the 3rd and Jordan Lewis….WE ARE SET!!!”

No, the cupboard is bare - everywhere. Panic! Everybody we drafted is an 'unknown'!!!!!

:omg:

Two more for ya, you truly deserve them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sure thing, project that fragile ego. I'm not the guy with a truly awful draft plan. That would be you.

No, the cupboard is bare - everywhere. Panic! Everybody we drafted is an 'unknown'!!!!!

:omg:

Two more for ya, you truly deserve them.

Loool, button pushed.

Let’s sit on our hands because we drafted Wright in the 3rd round and we have Jourdan Lewis under contract.

Shut your lip boy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loool, button pushed.

Save your lame projections. Check yourself.

Let’s sit on our hands because we drafted Wright in the 3rd round and we have Jourdan Lewis under contract.

No, let’s instead redraft a position we spent two significant draft picks on last year. Forget about giving players any opportunity to show what they can do. Slam that door! Move on! Pure ‘genius’ there.

Shut your lip boy.

Or what tough guy? You going to say something else stupid?

:laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Theres prob not a single team that drafted a cb on round 1 or 2 in 3 straight years.

We should definitely trust this dunce’s opinion

D9-D1-D5-F9-1-F2-C-4-C44-8-D5-C-2905132-A3-B69.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Save your lame projections. Check yourself.

No, let’s instead redraft a position we spent two significant draft picks on last year. Forget about giving players any opportunity to show what they can do. Slam that door! Move on! Pure ‘genius’ there.

Or what tough guy? You going to say something else stupid?

:laugh:

Button pushed…

You got your feeeewings hurt and now you’re left with trying to posture through emoticons.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Button pushed…

You got your feeeewings hurt and now you’re left with trying to posture through emoticons.

Lie to yourself in whatever way you need. You got your awful cornerback idea rightly criticized (because it’s ridiculous) and you can’t handle it.

Go stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself why.